Chapter 5: Rescue
49 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Decepticon Base)


“So, like, do you actually know where we’re going or are we just running around?” Shaoshao asked the crimson bot, who carried her and Melissa in a sprint for their lives.

“I infiltrated the base using my invisibility cloak,” Esporte explained, keeping his optics forward while avoiding gunfire. “During which, I marked out a route of escape once I found you two.”

“Oh, so we’re safe. I guess,” Shaoshao wasn’t really impressed.

“Give him a chance, Lily. He’s doing a great job so far,“ Melissa said, being more patient than her. 

“Yeah. So far…”

“Incoming!” Esporte spotted two guards blocking the way, quickly aiming his pistol and firing twice. One shot blew the first guard’s head off, the other destroying the second’s blaster which resulted in a lost arm. 

Esporte then fired once more, hitting and ultimately decapitating its right leg, doing the same thing on its left. As the guard fell forward, Esporte stopped at the elevator, finding it already in use. He took cover near the entrance, awaiting its incoming passengers.

Meanwhile, multiple guardsmen rapidly approached his position from behind, getting closer as their footsteps grew louder with each new step. The girls had every right to feel unsure of their survival. 

The elevator doors opened at the ding, prompting Esporte to await its occupants’ exit. One stepped out, giving the crimson bot a free target for his pistol. Unfortunately, it didn’t seem to be effective, the shot barely grazing Skyquake’s forearm.

“No way,” Shaoshao commented on the Predator Leader’s survival, watching him lower his dented arm wearing a confident look.

“Going somewhere?” Skyquake confidently quipped, grabbing Esporte’s arm while also grasping his neck. With a mighty pull, he tore off the crimson bot’s right arm, throwing it and the pistol near a fallen guard. It produced a loud howl of agony from his enemy. 

The predator leader then lifted Esporte off his feet, chucking him into the elevator. Skyquake lastly pressed the first floor’s button, the sounds of incoming troops ceasing as the doors close, leaving them and the two girls alone.

Melissa and Shaoshao held onto each other during Esporte’s fall, the former reopening her wounds at a bad time, blood staining the gown and forming a puddle below. Shaoshao didn’t fair much better, being unconscious while also bleeding from her forehead. 

“So” Skyquake began, squatting down to Esporte’s level. “Mind telling me why you’re stealing our merchandise?”

The crimson bot merely grunted, holding onto his severed shoulder joint.

“Come on, it’s an easy question. Even you can answer it, right? Unless, of course, you can’t read or write.”

Esporte said nothing, looking down at the ground.

“Then I’ll keep it short and sweet,” Skyquake again gripped the crimson bot’s neck, forcing him to look up. “Who are you and why are you here?”

“……I…..”

“Huh?” The Predator leader heard his enemy’s whispers. 

“I’ve nothing to say to you,” Esporte said, resisting his tight grip. “And you can’t make me.”

“Oh?” Skyquake freed his grasp on Esporte, walking over to the injured girls. “Are you sure?”

“Don’t you DARE,” the crimson bot hissed in pain, slowly getting up.

“I’ll do it,” Skyquake knelt down, activating his arm blasters. “Unless you tell me why.”

“And you won’t just kill us for complying?” Esporte questioned his demands, now fully on his feet.

“Despite what you might’ve heard about me, I have standards. It’s up to you whether you’re willing to compromise or sacrifice these two,” the predator leader explained. “Your choice.”

“For the record, I’ve barely heard of you,” Esporte retorted. “I don’t even know your name.”

“It’s Skyquake, and you’d best remember it since I’m the guy ready to decorate this place with your parts. Now TALK! Will you comply or not?”

It appeared as though no other choice was there. Melissa and Shaoshao were innocents caught up in this, after all.

“Alright,” Esporte said, holding up his left hand. “Just this once, I’ll comply.”

“Good bot,” Skyquake stowed away his blasters, gently grabbing the two girls. Blood dripped from his hands onto the singular red puddle created by Melissa. 

The elevator dinged at its destination, blue lights entering the metal box. The base’s first floor was a command center, containing a large multi-screen display, various consoles for various purposes, and a rotating throne-like chair right smack in the middle.  

And smugly sat comfortably in said chair was none other than the head honcho himself, accompanied by Motorhead standing beside him.

“Archforce,” Esporte said, walking into the room while being held at gunpoint. One guard extended his foot out, tripping the crimson bot onto the ground, his face planted further by metal boots pushing him down. 

“Nice of you to join us, Boss,”Skyquake cheekily remarked, excusing himself by taking the girls presumably somewhere safe, wearing a disgusted look from the blood on his hands.

“You like my Vehicons?” Archforce referred to the other purple bots with red visors. “They’re pretty nice once you use them right.”

“Spare me your advertisement,” the crimson bot replied, somewhat muffled in his voice. 

“What, you don’t want protection? They’re the best guards in ages. I can’t tell you how much I hate replacing the good bots with jokesters who fail in two months. Worse, two minutes,” Archforce said, clasping his hands together. “No thanks to you galactic police punks.”

“Ah, so you know about me,” Esporte tried getting up, proving difficult with multiple sets on feet holding him down. “Then you know why I’m here.”

“Hmm….” Archforce pondered for a moment, then shrugged his shoulders. “Nope, not at all. Why don’t you tell me and the boys instead? It’s better from the ‘horse’s mouth’, as they say here.”

“Bullscrap,” Esporte’s left hand curled into a fist, leaving scratches on the ground. “I know you traffic more than useless Cyber-keys. You have girls, organic girls, among your means of profit.”

“How very presumptuous of you, officer! Keep going, I wanna hear more.”

“Oh, please. Now you’re just squeezing me dry,” Esporte joked at his own expense. “I haven’t even touched on the Mini-cons yet.” 

“Mini-cons?” Motorhead tilted his head in confusion.

“That faction of tiny transformers who once lived on Cybertron before its destruction,” Archforce explained to his subordinate, looking back at Esporte. “I don’t suppose you were sent here to steal my merchandise, right? High-Wire wouldn’t be happy knowing I failed to deliver his goods.”

“Those girls are not merchandise,” the crimson bot began rising off the ground, still held down by iron boots. “They have never been merchandise, and you have no right stripping them of their lives. Especially not Clarissa.”

“Who?” 

“My girlfriend. The woman I pledged marriage to years ago,” Esporte said, his gaze now bearing up at his enemy. “You stole her from me.”

“Really now?” Archforce said, truly unsure of his words. “Eh, maybe I did. I just don’t remember.”

“You sick bastard….” Esporte’s optics shined, grabbing the nearest foot holding him down. “I’m gonna make you regret……you EVER LIVED!”

Esporte’s angered cries were heard by loud banging through the ceiling, causing tiny cracks which evolved into larger ripples. 

A hole was violently created, sending concrete debris flying off, hitting some of the vehicons yet barely hurting them.

Then, an enormous shadowy figure jumped through the opening, its landing producing smoke clouds which enveloped half the room. Archforce spun around in his chair, very displeased at this intrusion. 

“Who in the pits of Kaon dares?” He angrily said, getting up from his throne. “No, who ATTEMPTS to challenge me in my own domain?”

His answer would soon reveal itself as the smokescreen finally cleared up. A giant standing at eight meters tall towered over him and his goons. 

It had red wings pointed upside down, a light gray chest with three tinted windows, blue forearms with small wings sticking out, and beefy azure legs with double-barreled guns attached on the feet. And an eerily familiar head with twin yellow optics and protruding antennae as ears, complete with dual cheek vents and unscratched faceplate.

“Hey, boss. Is that- Motorhead began, halted by Archforce’s unexpected growling.

“You….” The crime boss hissed out. “You!”

“Long time no see, Decepticons,” Optimus prime happily greeted them. “Did you miss me?”

Archforce quickly charged his shoulder cannon, raising a hand for his troops to fire on his command. Every goon in the room aimed their blasters at Prime, covering his body in red lasers. 

“FIRRRRRRRRRRRE!”

Soon, a barrage of beams illuminated the command center in various shade of blue, pelting the Autobot leader with lethal lights. Archforce then unleashed a continuous volley of missiles from his forearms, topping it off with a charged cannon firing an immense turquoise beam. Each shot hit their target, causing the Autobot leader to EXPLODE in rapid succession, red and blue pieces blasting off in a metallic shower.

“Holy fffffragging scrap,” Motorhead’s words summed up everyone’s reaction. 

“Did we do it?” One vehicon asked. “Did we actually kill Optimus Prime?”

Archforce’s stunned expression soon converted into one of sheer joy, beginning with an open grin which grew wider in length. “Yes,” He muttered, dropping to his knees. “Yes……!”

Motorhead began to get concerned for his leader. “Uh, boss-“

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!”

“Boss?”

“I’VE DONE IT! I’VE FINALLY DONE IT!” The crime boss pumped his fists in the air. “Optimus prime is dead and Cybertron has at last been avenged! ALL…..

HAIL….

MEGATRON!”

“-I wouldn’t be so sure if I were you.”


“Huh!?” An unexpected voice from behind jolted the crime boss forward, prompting a quick turnaround to find another new figure standing on his chair. Archforce’s vehicons and Motorhead pointed their built-in blasters at the stranger. 


The figure in question sported black as its primary colors, navy blue highlighting bits like the forearms, knee-pads, and helmet. His chest was the front of a Lamborghini diablo folded down, the wheels tucked inside for storage. The doors hung off the squared shoulders, positioned as shields with their windows, mirrors, and door handles also stored inside itself. The legs had the car’s rear split into back kibble, the bumper used as heel spurs and both wheels visible near the shins. And the head contained two protruding sword-shaped antennae pointed at a diagonal angle, a vented head crest, twin yellow optics, and custom-made silver battle mask with a grill-like pattern and square chin. His arms were crossed, sporting a confident posture over Archforce and Co.


“And just WHO in Kaon’s name are you?” Archforce demanded his name.

“Optimus Prime,” the stranger answered, lowering his arms and unveiling double titanium blades. “Your worst nightmare.”


(Skyquake, five minutes earlier)


“……ugh….” Shaoshao finally regained consciousness, caressing her aching head. The ground below continuously rumbled up and down, as if riding on a roller coaster during an earthquake. Until she saw the mechanical giant carrying her and Melissa in his hands, dried blood staining the metal plating. Melissa unfortunately still hadn’t awoken.

“Finally awake?” Skyquake jokingly asked. “Good. I really need to wash your coolant off my hands.”

Shaoshao glanced right to find the injured Melissa near her, still bleeding minute by minute. She then looked back at Skyquake. “You’re the one who attacked us.”

“I’m surprised you can remember after your little headache, sweetheart. Maybe you humans are tougher than I thought,” Skyquake oddly praised her. “That is what I call your species, right?”

“Yeah,” Shaoshao replied, taking Melissa into her arms. “So?”

“So I meant that your species is tough, despite leaking a lot,” Skyquake halted his steps, looking right to where the upper walkways stood. “Actually…”

“What?” Shaoshao looked in his direction, finding an untouched medical compartment on the wall. 

“I don’t know much about you humans,” Skyquake said, carefully setting the girls onto the walkway. “But I’ve seen that cross before. On my planet, it means ‘requiring medical attention’ or ‘killed in action’. Usually both, but that’s a given.”

“Oh,” the eastern beauty blinked, confused at his sudden niceness. 

“Don’t get the wrong idea, fleshy. I may have standards, but I’m still pure evil” Skyquake explained, pointing a finger at her. “Truthfully, I’m not even a fan of keeping you as ‘merchandise’. So you know what?”

He further extended his arm, grabbing the medical compartment’s door for a gentle pull. It instantly snapped on its metal hinges, the contents spilling out onto the floor. A chunky red kit packed with bandages, rubbing alcohol, and stitching tapes landed on its bottom, thankfully still connected by its tabs.

“There,” Skyquake threw the broken door away, stepping back to lean against the concrete wall. “Hurry up and treat her. I haven’t got all day.”

Shaoshao was skeptical of his intentions, but she quickly grabbed the kit, kneeling at her friend’s left side. She first checked her pulse, feeling an indication that she’s alive. A chance to save Melissa, albeit slim, presented itself, boosting her confidence tenfold.

“Alright,” Shaoshao took a deep breath, opening the kit. “Remember what mom taught you. Remember what mom taught you.”

Skyquake watched the little human began treating her friend, yellow optics occasionally glancing left for any enemies. As much it pleased him to see her struggle despite the inevitable conclusion, there always lie a pinch of truthfulness and dignity, aspects Skyquake admired greatly. Perhaps because he valued the raw passion felt when one sides with pure evil, becoming a rush to claim all for himself in his name alone.

But since his revival on Earth, nothing felt righteous or even remotely fun about Archforce’s little escapades. Everything just seemed wrong, none of it having any hint of truth and dignity. 

Or perhaps he’s simply out of touch.

(Command Center)


“What are you fools doing!?” Archforce yelled at his troops, who continuously got slaughtered by their new visitor. “It’s just ONE dumb Autobot, how are you this incompetent!?”

“Dumb?” Optimus took offense to his remark, punching a Vehicon’s head clean off. “You’re talking to one of Cybertron’s oldest librarians, buddy. I’m a lot more than dumb.”

“Lay off the comedy, Optimus. It doesn’t suit you, nor is your belief that you’ll ever survive my wrath,” Archforce exclaimed, firing a missile at Prime.

“Oh really?” Optimus spotted the incoming projectile, grabbing a nearby Vehicon’s shoulder, using all of his strength to lunge it into the rocket. The missile struck its new target, purple bits flying around the area. 

“You twisted monster,” Archforce stepped forward, finally joining the battle. 

“Monster, you say?” Optimus replied, slicing off a Vehicon’s blaster then impaling it through its power core. “I guess irony isn’t in your vocabulary, huh?”

Archforce ran towards Optimus, throwing a right hook in sheer anger. Prime dodged his attack, responding with an aggressive puncture through Archforce’s forearm, followed by him spearing the crime boss’s abdomen. He roared from the newly inflicted pain, his cries echoing across the room. Oil leaked from his wounds, Archforce even vomiting some onto the floor, black droplets dripping downward.

Motorhead covered his faceplate in horror, his legs trembling from the fear of death. He fell to his knees, sinking further as coolant leaked on the floor.

“Say,” Optimus ominously muttered, pulling out of the crime boss’s forearm then piercing his chest. “Ever get bored of murder?” 

“Huh!?” Archforce grunted, unable to move even an inch. “W-What are you…”

“Of course not, right?” Optimus pushed him down on his back, each blade still lounged inside. “Murder never gets old.”

“Please….”

“That’s what I always hated about you,” Prime held the crime boss’s body down with his own, his right arm pulling out of the abdomen. He then again stabbed his chest, eliciting a louder yelp. “You never get bored.”

“ARGH…….! You-!”

“None of you stop to think about what you’re doing. You never stop to imagine the destruction you’ll cause,” Optimus pulled out and stabbed again, hearing another scream. The Vehicons stopped in their tracks, unable to move or even attempt to save their boss. “Or the lives you’ll destroy.” 

“I’LL……..KILL…….YOU!”


“I’ve spent every moment on Cybertron craving out your heads,” he pulled out and stabbed once more, hearing more screams. “And I’d do it again and again if it meant ending your miserable existence permanently.”


“FFFFFFRAG………YOU……….!”


“I went on warpath after warpath…….


Campaign after campaign……


Each more twisted and devastating than the last.” Prime extracted both swords out, puncturing the shoulder joints this time. Archforce’s agonizing cries kept going. “How many do you think I’ve slain? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions?”


“NO……..more…….please……”


“Approximately 6,198,765,” Prime twisted his swords horizontally, decapitating both arms in two slashes. Archforce now leaked oil from his severed joints, groaning in greater torment. 


“Please…….please…….”


“Please what? ‘Please don’t kill me’ or ‘please don’t prolong this charade?’ Either one is understandable,” for a moment, Optimus’ optics flashed red.


“No more, please,” Archforce begged him to stop. “Forgive me……..please forgive me. I won’t do it again, so please forgive me.”


“Pleading for forgiveness?” Optimus laughed at the fool wanting to end his torture, bellowing out heartfelt mockery to the surprise of all. “You actually think I’d forgive you.”


“…….please……?”


“Forgiveness is earned, my friend. It must be earned through personal change and redemption, none of which you achieved. Therefore….”


“No……no, no, no, please! I’m sorry! I apologize, I’m sorry, just don’t-“ Archforce couldn’t stop the blade impaling his neck, followed by Optimus ripping his head and spinal cord out. Slowly, the red lights that were his eyes faded away.


“You never deserved an ounce of forgiveness,” Optimus rose from his knees, throwing the severed head at Motorhead, who caught it by pure instinct. He then curled into a ball in pathetic fashion, dropping the head and letting it roll away.


Esporte meanwhile no longer the multiplied restraints of feet, seeing every Vehicon suddenly shut down, most falling on their backs. The crimson bot also got up, stretching his arm and whole body. Finding Archforce’s head near a lifeless Vehicon, he ambled forward and picked it up, storing it inside his chest.


Optimus retracted his arm blades, grasping his fallen enemy’s shoulder cannon. With all his strength, he viscously ripped it off, lunging over his shoulder as a club. Eerily, he strolled to Motorhead.

“Now then,” Prime said, approaching the cowardly bot. “Wanna make it quick or shall I prolong your suffering?”

“Eh?” Motorhead looked up to see Optimus wielding his boss’s cannon like a club.

“Which do you prefer?”

“I……I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I……..”

“Time’s up~,” Optimus raised his weapon high, ready to strike Motorhead.

Esporte dashed onto them, unsheathing another laser pistol from his back skirt. 

“No……NO! I was only following orders! I-I don’t even know those girls,” Motorhead felt a heavy foot on his chest. “Please, give me another chance! I’ll stop smuggling, I’ll-I’ll lay off the dark energon! I’ll do anything, just please DON’T KILL ME!”

Optimus chuckled menacingly at Motorhead’s pleas, briefly flashing red optics again. “I would have believed you eons ago.”

“STOP!” Esporte aimed his pistol at Optimus, the very tip nearly touching his head. “Drop the weapon, now!”

“Huh?” Optimus lowered his club, turning around to meet Esporte eye-to-eye. Doing so removed his foot off Motörhead, who used this chance to transform into car mode and drive for the exit. “Great job, son. Now you’ll never catch him.”

“Sir,” Esporte said, his aim fixed and focused. “You are interfering with official Galactic Police business. If you don’t stop getting in my way, I will arrest you for Intentional Infringement.”

Optimus dropped the club, retracting his battle mask which unveiled a diagonal scar across his lips and right cheek. Prime wore a friendly smile. “As you wish, officer.”

“Thank you,” the crimson bot lowered his weapon.

“I would, however, like to offer my assistance in your endeavors.”

“Sir, I just told you not to interfere. Now stand back and let me do my job.”

“But you can’t transform missing an arm, right?” Optimus offered a perfectly valid reason. “You’ve lost a wheel, and three wheels usually end badly for the driver.”

“I can still transform, though,” Esporte retorted.

“I never said you couldn’t, officer. I only meant that you shouldn’t right now. You don’t wanna crash while tailing your suspect, no? Therefore,” Optimus took a step back, converting into his Lamborghini Diablo form. “I’ll help you find your man.”

“Now hold on a-,” the crimson bot’s disagreements were silenced by engine roars and screeching wheels driving off in a hurry. 

Esporte sighed, sheathing his pistol away. “That guy’s crazy, for sure. I might have more questions after this.” He deployed the rear wheels on his legs, rolling after Optimus. 

(Skyquake, Hallway)


“There,” Shaoshao put the last bandage on Melissa’s wounds, putting the bloodied gown back on. 

“All done?” Skyquake asked, earning a nod from Lily. He straightened himself off the wall, strolling over to the girls. “You’re pretty good, fleshy. Experienced?”

“My mother taught me when I was little,” the eastern beauty replied, closing the medical kit.

“Mother? That a noble title or something?”

“No, it’s how we describe older women who raise offspring. They’re caretakers, protectors, and more importantly……family.”

“Family,” the predator leader repeated. “Interesting concept.”

“You’ve never had someone caring for you?” Shaoshao asked, taking Melissa into her arms again.

“I’ve had superiors, lieutenants, and grunts all my life, but none I would ever consider ‘family’. It’s just not in our programming,” Skyquake answered frankly.

“That’s……kinda sad,” the eastern beauty said in a sorrowful manner.

Skyquake quickly took offense, narrowing his optics. “Are you pitying me?”

“What? No, I-“

“That’s exactly what you’re doing,” Skyquake interrupted her. “You’re feeling sorry for me. Anytime I see bots do that, I just think it’s cause they kinda care. Key word: KINDA.”

“What’s wrong with ‘kinda’?”

“It means you’re pretending to care. You or anybody else momentarily express their sorrow then move on. Honestly, it’d be better if they didn’t do that,” Skyquake explained, gazing down. “I’m not worth an inch of sympathy.”

“True,” Shaoshao agreed.

“Ha, see? You understand. Round of applause, everybody,” Skyquake applauded her with five claps. “Now come on, we gotta-“

“-INCOMING!”

“Huh?” Skyquake was now interrupted by someone else, looking left to see a familiar yellow corvette speeding down the hallway. 

“Hey, Motorhead! What’s wrong?”

“OUT OF THE WAY, SKYQUAKE! WE’RE DONE HERE!” Motorhead exclaimed, dashing past the predator leader and his prisoners.

“Watch it!” Skyquake narrowly avoided the runaway vehicle. “What do you mean ‘we’re done’? Where’s Archforce, what about the humans!?”

“FORGET THEM AND RUN! RUN AND DON’T LOOK BACK!”

“Are you…? What is….? How did…..RRRRRRAAAAAAGGH!,” Skyquake roared an incredible cry, one which echoed through the hallway, terrifying in its sheer rage. Shaoshao was frightened by it, but stood her ground regardless.

“Blast it,” the predator leader muttered, glancing back at Shaoshao. “This isn’t over, fleshy. We’ll meet again…….soon.

Shaoshao watched her now former captor change into a ferocious alien jet mode, boosting after his comrade presumably towards the exit. 

She was free, at last. Not just her, but Melissa too. For a moment, peace might finally return.

“…..ugh……” Melissa grunted, feeling her body’s almost softer, fluffier texture due to the bandages. Shaoshao gazed down at her friend, watching her at last open her eyes.

“Li…..ly?….” Melissa muttered, her vision somewhat blurry. “Is that…….you?”

“Yeah,” the eastern beauty replied, feeling tears of joy in her tired pupils. “It’s me, alright.”

“Heh…….so you saved me,” Melissa said, barely raising a hand which Lily instantly caught. “Thanks, Lily.”

“Damn it, stop calling me that. Otherwise, I’ll miss the times you kept calling me that,” Shaoshao now wore a sorrowful expression. “I was so scared I’d lose you. I……I didn’t know whether we’d live through this. And I’m…..still unsure.”

“Why?” Melissa asked, raising herself into a kneeling position.

“Because I…….I……..I’m scared of losing the one I cherish the most. I’m scared of losing the ONLY friend in my life,” Lily said, tears raining on the metal floor. “No……you’re more than a friend, Melissa.”

Shaoshao swallowed her hesitation, ready to face rejection. “You’re, like……the sister I’ve always wanted. My family. You’re my family, Melissa.”

Melissa blushed upon hearing that, twirling her hair in embarrassment. “Oh,” she uttered, unsure of what to say.

“Is that…..weird?” Shaoshao asked, more embarrassed than her.

“No,” the injured brunette said, feeling a warm smile on her face. “That’s wonderful, sweetie. I’m so happy you think so.”

“Really?”

“Of course I do. Besides, I’ve always wanted a sister myself, so it’s a win-win for us.”

“Win-win,” Shaoshao repeated, clutching her heart through her shirt. “Then……promise me to never leave me. I’d wouldn’t know what do without you.”

“I promise,” the duo embraced each other in their hour of solitude, feeling the world leave their minds as peace settled in momentarily.

“-Miss Faireborn! Shaoshao!” The sound of running engine and unfamiliar voice stirred them from their sisterly trance. A Lamborghini Diablo drove towards their location, converting into a large robot once it arrived. The duo were on guard, rising up together in synchronicity and raising their fists at the stranger.

“It is alright. I’m not here to hurt you,” the black individual said. “My name is Optimus Prime, an Autobot from Cybertron. You also know me as Oliver Primerson.” 

That instantly recognizable name perked Melissa up, lowering her arms. “What did you say?” she asked, strolling carefully towards the railing. Shaoshao walked beside her to ensure she doesn’t trip.

“-There you are!” Now a familiar player enters the conversation, all three looking to see Esporte skating down the hallway. As he neared them, Esporte retracted the foot wheels into his legs, capping it with a light walk towards them.

“It appears you found the humans,” Esporte remarked. 

“Lucky me, now I don’t have to search the whole base,” Optimus cheekily said, looking at the girls. “Not that I wouldn’t do that for you, of course.”

“I’m glad to know, big guy,” Melissa replied. “Now would you tell us what’s really going on? I at least deserve answers, and Lily’s already suffered enough.”

“Actually, you’ve suffered more than me,” Shaoshao retorted. “You…..almost died.”

“I know, baby,” Melissa agreed with her, embracing her once more. “But you’ve been there for me-I wasn’t. And I’ll promise it’ll never happen again.”

“Wrong,” Lily reciprocated the gesture, hugging her tightly. “Even in death, you’d always be there for me. Cause I would never forget you, Melissa.”

Melissa pulled back from her, planting a dried yet sweet kiss on her cheek. “Thank you.”

“Ahem,” Esporte cleared his throat, drawing attention from everyone. “Uh, apologies for interrupting, but I think we should leave.”

“Hmmm,” Optimus hummed in thought. “You said you were an officer, right?”

“That’s right,” Esporte nodded.

“Wait, you’re a cop?” Shaoshao was surprised. “Is that why you’re here?”

“There’s more, but telling civilians would get me in trouble,” the crimson bot explained.

“But we’re no longer civilians in this case, right?” Optimus chimed in. “Which means we have the right to know, just as much as your boss does.”

“Divulging classified information to civilians would land me in Galactic Imprisonment for ten years,” Esporte told them, wanting them to understand the consequences. “Galactic Command would know cause they’d search my memory back after coming home.”

“For real?” Shaoshao remarked, a little disturbed at his reasoning. “Wow, and I thought stalkers were creepy.” 

“Ah, but since I crushed Archforce when you couldn’t, I’d say that justifies having me and the girls around,” Optimus said with intense snark.

“Are you trying to get a rise out of me?” Esporte inquired on his intention.

“No,” Optimus replied bluntly, his optics briefly flashing red again. “I’m simply volunteering my services, officer, and I’m sure the girls would agree. If they wish to help, of course.”

“Fine by me,” Melissa confidently exclaimed. “I oughta give that Motorhead jerk a taste of his medicine.”

“I’m coming too,” Shaoshao also volunteered her services. “Because we’re sisters, after all.”

“Awwww,” the injured brunette squealed, planting three kisses on her cheeks. “Mwah, mwah, mwah! You’re the best, Lily.”

“Sure I am, now stop calling me Lily.” Lily pouted, crossing her arms.

Esporte sighed, rolling his optics then scratching his head in frustration. “Fine, glad to have you aboard. I better not regret this.”

“Don’t worry,” Optimus reassured him. “We’ll follow your lead.”

“Uh huh,” the crimson bot didn’t believe him. “Cool, cool. Stay here, I’ll go get my arm.



Later, Esporte found his arm, unable to reattach it due to lacking sufficient equipment. Optimus opted to teleport him via Roller, which he reluctantly agreed to. Meanwhile, the girls checked into a hospital to treat their injuries, thanking Prime for the ride despite his secretive nature. Ah well, at least they looked cute sleeping together.

Things finally settled down after two or so days of chaos, though whatever came next for them would definitely surpass recent events. 

One can only pray for their eternal safety.

0