Chapter 31  Bad To The Bones!
843 12 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my writing, and you like D×D, then try my new alternate story... [A New Born Devil?]

I can promise this is a different from what you are used to, thanks for reading all of my work.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/1005612/a-new-born-devil/

 

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 31  Bad To The Bones! by Harem-Fan

 

     The 3 Skeletal Hill Giants tossed their massive rocks like mere dodge-balls! Why do I think being hit by a wrench is better than a fucking boulder!

     Whoosh Crash Crack! The sound of a large rock whirling through the air and accurately cracking a few of my ribs was unmistakable! I was hit so hard, the wind was knocked out of me. Fortunately, half of my wounds were shared by Raven.

     Whoosh Crash Crack! Unfortunately, Raven also caught her own boulder with her shield and damaged arm. This is the downside of Shield Other, she not only shared in my critical hit, but took her own attack on top of her wounds, and blood is leaking from her lips.

     Whoosh Thud Thud Thud Crash! Fortunately, I was able to sidestep the followup third rock, and it bounced a few times before crashing into the back wall.

     Lilith cast her spell to keep her Bardic Performance going for free...

     [Exquisite Accompaniment]

     Now with her Shadow Lute playing for her, she no longer needs to focus on singing and solely on battle.

     Goat decided to use his new skill that is limited per day, he took aim at the leftward Human cleric and said before pulling the trigger.

     "Say hello... To my little friend, he-he!"

     BANG Thud! And in an amazing streak of luck, Goat made a lucky Deed Shot, right between his eyes doing tremendous critical damage! The body of the Cleric fell forward, dead!

     Both the girls and the enemy seemed stupefied by the gun's power. But used to real guns in my past life, I was not surprised, but at least one is down.

     Raven stepped back a few paces and cast a spell on herself...

     [Empowered Cure Critical Wounds]

     Raven went from looking bad to fully uninjured as the white glow on her body reversed all of her wounds. That healing hands ability of her Healing Domain is impressive.

     I move forward a bit and then cast my Fireball spell into the 2 Clerics (he was not fully dead, just dying) and 2 Hill Giants. So my finger points as I say the incantation...

     [Fireball]

     Whoosh BOOM! The dying Cleric is now officially dead, and the other Cleric was brought down to under half of his health, along with the 2 animated Undead. All of them took the full damage from my fiery explosion.

     The Kobold Cleric, still invisible, raised his Unholy Symbol and said in Draconic...

     [Asmodeus, restore the Undead, and let them continue their quest for your glory!]

     A creepy purple wave of negative energy spread out 30 feet from where the Kobold Cleric stood, and the wounds on the 2 Hill Giants I wrecked mostly healed!

     The other Human Cleric pulled out black onyx, touched the corps of his fallen companion and cast...

     [Lesser Animate Dead]

     Then the Cleric we killed before slowly rose and a Skeleton, with him leaving his flesh and muscle behind, became a cleaned Skeleton wearing his gear. It took up arms with green lights in his eyes.

     After raising his friend, he ran to get behind the open door to give him some cover from another Fireball.

     Whiff Whiff Whiff Smack! All 4 Undead rushed me with Hill giant great clubs, and the Cleric Skeleton using a heavy mace. After all 4 attacked me, only one of the Hill Giants hit me for moderate damage, split with Raven.

     Lilith moved near the grouped up monsters surrounding me, and she cast a spell while yelling at the top of her lungs...

     [Shout]

     In a 30 foot cone-shaped burst, many sound-waves like mini shock waves, rattled the left side Undead, destroying the Human Skeleton outright, and heavily damaging the 2 already damaged giants. Bards do not get many attack spells, but the Shout series of Sonic Damage is iconic to them.

     Goat running to the left side of the room, loaded his pistol for another shot.

     Raven took the opportunity to Turn Undead with her Channel Energy.

     "Mystra, unravel the magic holding the Undead together, Turn!"

     And in a 30 foot burst of positive energy, all 3 Hill giants took damage from the light. The two that took the shout are probably getting near their ends, and the one who was untouched, took twice as much as the other two, bringing him down to ¾ of his normal health.

     I use my Combined Spells ability from Theurge, and convert a 2nd level spell slot into a Druid spell...

     [Fairy Fire]

     Sparkle! And now the Kobold Cleric is outlined like his Human buddy. I then step in closer to the Giants next to their legs, so I can hit them with my Produce Flame effect if need be.

     The Human Cleric popped his head out and Channeled Energy...

     "Asmodeus, restore the Undead, and let them continue their quest for your glory!"

     His purple pulse, spread out and recovered the 3 Hill Giants to over half health. Then the Kobold Cleric decided the only path to survival was to keep the Undead coming.

     "Asmodeus, restore the Undead, and let them continue their quest for your glory!"

     And with that burst of negative energy, the 3 Undead were close to full health, sigh!

     Whiff Smack Whiff Whiff! While the 3 Giants played T-ball with my head, one of the hits landed and moderately wounded me, splitting my wounds with Raven.

     Lilith, able to locate the two troublemaker Clerics, pulled out her tricks. She held an arrow to her lips, and whispered to it, then knocking it, it glowed and she released it!

     Swoosh~ Swoosh Thunk Sizzle! The cleric hiding behind the door, stupidly saw the released arrow fly out to the bone-pile, then abruptly turned and shot into his chest going completely around the door he hid behind! That was the last thing he ever saw!

     Goat said as he aimed his gun at the Kobold instead of the dude that died.

     "Whistle! Nice shooting, wish I could do that, here dog breath, eat this!"

     Bang! Goat cleanly hit the Kobold who took a moderate amount of damage, making him curse in Draconic.

     Raven, feeling the tides turning, used yet another channel energy to soften the Undead.

     "Mystra, unravel the magic holding the Undead together, Turn!"

     After the white pulse from Raven, they looked manageable. Now they are all just over the ½ mark. So I decided to cast defensively, and use a bigger spell.

     [Fire Snake]

     Whoosh! As the flaming red coiling snakelike spell, wrapped all around me, the 3 Skeletal Hill Giants, crumpled into ash, and no enemy was near me now. With that, I ran right next to the semi-invisible Kobold.

     The Kobold stepped back and cast...

     [Deeper Darkness]

     All of a sudden everything in 60 feet of the Kobold was covered in Supernatural Darkness, that blocks darkvision. Only Devils can see in this mess. No one in the room can see right now, including the Kobold!

     Lilith asked me.

     [Ken, did he move?]

     [No?]

     Swoosh Swoosh Thunk Whiff Sizzle! I heard two arrows cut through the dark, and one of them seems to have hit him, based on his slight moans of pain.

     Bang! And a gunshot echoed with another cry of agony. Normal shooting in the dark has  a high miss rate, but it seems, our luck was with us?

     [I think I hit him... Wait, I did not shoot Ken, right?!]

     [You got him!]

     We heard Raven cast a spell...

     [Dispel Magic]

     As the darkness that annoyed us vanished, the first thing we saw was a smug Raven, and the second was a Kobold with an arrow in his side, and a leg wound from a bullet.

     I extended my palm and uttered the guaranteed hit spell...

     [Magic Missile]

     Then 5 blue bolts of force streaked and swirled to hit the body of the final opponent, who collapsed to his knees, and then fainted.

     Goat yelled.

     "Take that fucker! Now dodge this finishing move!"

     BANG! The petty Goblin wasted a bullet to coup-de-grace the fallen foe, to deliver him to his God in Hell.

-

     Goat was a good buddy and did all the looting for us, while we identified everything. The haul for this fight was as follows...

     One set off the Kobold... pearl of power (2nd level), wand of cure light wounds (15 charges); +1 studded leather, +1 light wooden shield, dagger, mwk dagger, various onyx gems worth 200 gp

     And 2 sets of the following items... necklace of fireballs (type III), potion of delay poison, wand of shield of faith (7 charges);+1 breastplate, +1 heavy steel shield, masterwork heavy mace, masterwork light crossbow with 20 bolts, amulet of natural armor +1, cloak of resistance +1, headband of inspired wisdom +2, silver unholy symbol, 1,453 gp

     And from the dead bodies and buried in the dead adventures gears from the past... wand of detect secret doors, potion of ant haul, potion of cat's grace, potion of protection from evil, small diamond worth 250 gold.

     Looking at all the treasure my smile was bright, and so were the others for different reasons. Goat thought of the Goblin whore, and the rest of us thought, we could now get rid of Lilith's negative levels.

     "I would teleport us back to Seaport City now to sell gear, and remove the negative levels, but I am concerned if this place is blocked from reentering? What do you all think?"

     Lilith ponders and offers.

     "We can try it, and in the worst case scenario, we can push our way back to this point, from the steps. You have enough castings to try, and if I am 4 levels stronger, I will be more useful, and less likely to die, right?"

     Then Lilith whispered in my ear, making me nod my head in understanding. Well it is an offer I cannot refuse. So I say to everyone.

     "Let me lock the doors, and then hold onto me while I take us back to Seaport City, he-he!"

     What, when your hot Elf wife says she will make camping at home enjoyable, it is a feeling that cannot be explained!

     Once everyone joined hands, I cast the spell for the first time...

     [Teleport]

     Our vision was covered by bright light for an instant, then...

-

     When we blinked, we found ourselves in the redirection teleport area outside of the West Gate of the city. I said.

     "Fuck, I was aiming for my room in the Drunken Barmaid. I forgot, we have to enter the city gates to teleport again, sigh..."

     Lilith was amused how I forgot about this mall feature, then she said to remind me.

     "This is good that the apartments are near the south gates, because to leave the city, you have to be outside as well, that was a consideration for moving into your place. So Goat, we will teleport back after sunrise tomorrow, okay?"

     "Yeah, but I want to teleport back to the inn, I want to drown my sorrows in mead."

     Our group made it through the gates in around 15 minutes, then we gathered for another jump...

     [Teleport]

-

     The 4 of us appeared in my room by the door, and the sight we saw was unexpected.

     "Um, Meow!"

     A black cat with wide open surprised eyes, made his voice heard, as he frantically tapped the sleeping gingered hair woman in my bed curled up with a smile on her face. Goat said loudly.

     "Hey Ken, does our Guild Receptionist do home visits as a new service?!"

     Pushing her cat off the bed, like a sleepy person hitting the snooze button, Daisy's eyes fluttered open to see our group of 4 standing at the foot of the bed watching her with different expressions. Daisy, using her practiced Bluffing skills, only smiled sweetly and asked.

     "Ken, did I oversleep? Has it been over two weeks already?"

     Lilith with a haughty tone pointed to the intruder and asked me.

     "Husband? I am to assume this is that Daisy Black woman you told me about? If not, I will fill her with arrows now..."

     Daisy, hearing the key word, 'husband' and seeing rings, said a bit loud sitting up in her black lace nightwear and pointed at Lilith.

     "Husband! You are already married?! But you only left less than a week ago, it was a bit too fast, right?"

     Raven, the smart one, only sat at the desk and watched the two women fight for some kind of hierarchy, and she just waved goodbye to the vanishing Goblin grinning at my back in amusement.

     So we sat on the bed, and I slowly told Daisy everything that happened and why we were here. Then, without shame, she explained her reason for being in the room.

     "Lilith, I am here because Ken is my man, so get used to it. He knew I could teleport here, and he never once told me to stay out, so I will come here anytime I please."

     Raven finally walked over with a room key and offered it to Daisy.

     "Lilith and I had gotten extra rooms, so we could let Ken have some peace. Use this room for your coming and going, and knock like a normal person, please? It is fine to sleep here and pop in when you are expected, but it would be safer for us lovers to have a private space. You also brew potions, right? Use the room for that."

     Daisy took the key from Raven then said to her.

     "Raven, right? Thanks for bringing Ken to Seaport City. We could not have met again if he had come here on his own. Well, Ken gets lost a lot you see, fufu."

     No, Daisy is only buttering up Raven to split up the factions a bit, well, that and Raven is being reasonable, unlike the competitive 6 foot 4 inch tower.

     After we talked a bit, the tension between my lovers thinned a bit, and the main reason for Daisy to be here was... First, she was off today, and second, she wanted to make sure my place was safe and smell my presence. Yes she openly admitted to that last one, but none of the girls seems to care.

     And when Daisy heard we were going to sell things, she dressed in-front of us and said she was coming with us.

-    If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     Raven, was the odd woman out with a grin seeing Daisy and Lilith fighting for an arm each, as we left to sell equipment and go to the temple to heal my wife...

     Unknown to me, I had actually passed by where Captain Pam Claudia was doing her paperwork to register her second ship. If I had seen her, I would have witnessed a large smile on her lips as she made it official.

     And as the near miss unknowns piled, after we passed the southern guildhall, a woman with dark hair and a cold expression had emerged with Silver Adventuring tags, and a couple of new jobs to do. She vanished into the shadows of the late afternoon light...

 

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

27