Chapter Eighty-Three: Life As We Know It Changes
310 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*3 weeks after the wedding*

The room was dead silent. Dozens of nobles were all sitting in the same room, all filled with anticipation. Today was a day that had every eye on the planet watching what would happen in this room.

In the middle was a row of seats, all filled by the Volarian Noble Family, with the Emperor himself in the middle.

"Bring out the prisoner." The Emperor said.

Soon, two giant doors across the room opened. Six soldiers walked into the room, all armed with rifles. In the middle of these six guards was a man in handcuffs. They dragged him over to the stand where he would be making his case to the royal family.

After the guards moved, his state was revealed to everyone; he had bruises all over his body, a black eye, and cuts on his face. He had been tortured by the guards; that much was obvious.

The man who was in the stands was Prince Ren Aria Caelum, the man who had just married Princess Lucilia.

"FATHER HOW DARE YOU!" One of the royal children yelled at their father. This was Lucilia, who was now infuriated with what her father had done.

"Father, you have gone too far this time..." Octavia said, looking at her father.

Sienna and Aurelia didn't say anything but glared at their father as they agreed with Lucilia and Octavia.

The Emperor stood up, ignoring his children's disdain.

"Today we all gather for the trial of Prince Ren Aria Caelum. His crimes. Treason and Conspiracies Against the Emperor." The Emperor said.

"Ren, you know what crimes you are accused of. Do you plead guilty?" The Emperor asked Ren.

"I'm...Innocent..." Ren barely managed to say anything due to the pain.

"Yet the evidence says differently. According to the reports, you tried to reach out and talk to your people on Earth. The planet we are at war with. This is treason to do so without the knowledge of me or any of my highest officials." The Emperor said.

Lucilia stood up angerly "I knew! He shouldn't be charged with a crime where he did nothing wrong."

The Emperor looked at his daughter and said, "Speak up one more time, and you will be escorted out of the room...my dear daughter."

Lucilia had nothing but anger in her eyes. She wanted nothing more than to run up and punch her father right now.

"Back to the trial, Ren, you reached out to our enemy. Do you deny these claims?" The Emperor asked.

"No...I don't." Ren said.

"Do you deny giving intelligence about our empire to our enemy?" The Emperor asked.

"I deny it." Ren stated.

"Well, according to your message before we intercepted it, You described what life was like on Volaria to them, as well as giving them a place you could meet and discuss a possible alliance." The Emperor said. "A clear message showing your intent on betraying us."

Ren used all of his strength to keep up straight. "Let me tell you this, just so you know. I never claimed to be joining your side of the war. So I never committed treason. And that message was simply to set up a meeting to discuss peace between our two planets. So tell me, Emperor, what harm would it be just to end this war in peace?"

The Emperor shook his head, ignoring every word that Ren had just said. "You openly communicated with our enemy without proper authorization. You are found guilty of all crimes."

"THIS IS BULLSHIT!" Lucilia yelled.

"Ren, you will be taken to the Citadel for your imprisonment. You will serve out your sentence doing hard labor on the ship for the next twenty years. Your status among the nobility of Volaria has been revoked, and your marriage to Princess Lucilia Aria Caelum has been annulled." The Emperor stated. "Now please escort my daughter back to her house." he said, looking at Lucilia.

"REN!" Lucilia yelled as the guards carried Ren away to serve his sentence.

Ren was dragged into a dark hallway, both his eyes swollen and his ears ringing. He didn't know what to say; everything was happening too quickly for him to catch up. He was only trying to end this useless war, but The Emperor outplayed him, and now everything Ren had could be ruined due to this. The Emperor had won.

*2 weeks later*

"I suppose all of you here know exactly why I called you here."

Lucilia was standing in front of her room in her mansion, her eyes noticeably baggy due to lack of sleep, and her hair a mess. Since Ren was taken away to prison, she has barely slept or eaten; the only times she got sleep was when her body passed out on her and forced her to sleep. However, Lucilia couldn't do anything; she had to save Ren no matter what, but she knew she couldn't do it alone; she would need help, so she made some calls.

In the room with Lucilia were Scarlet, Lily, Serenity, Tyler, Eleonora, and Sakura. Ren's friends wouldn't even hesitate to save him. Some of Lucilia's personnel guards were also there, including Rumia and Aleyda, but Lucilia needed more.

She also gathered the members of the Versaerth tribe due to Ren's marriage to Ashastha. Laelli and Sthora would also, more than likely, not disagree with any decision that Ashastha makes.

She called her mother, Ivy, and her good friend, Mae, to join the group, but that's not all. She needed people with influence, people who could help with ease, and people she trusted. She called her family.

Octavia, Sienna, and Aurelia. Her three sisters, whom she trusted with Ren's future, each showed disgust at their father's actions and knew she could rely on them for help. Her other sister, Artoria, and her brothers would most likely stay loyal to the Emperor, so she couldn't trust them with this.

"You want to save Ren, don't you?" Ivy asked her daughter.

"Is that even a question?" Lucilia responded.

Ivy smiled "Question is how? The citadel is the most secure prison in this part of the Empire. Saying it will be difficult would be an understatement."

Then Sienna chimed in "Not to mention everyone involved will be declared traitors."

"I am willing to take those risks." Lucilia said. "I know asking you to take those same risks will be difficult—nearly an impossible ask. I won't force you, but please, if you decide not to take part, please don't tell anyone. Your name will never be brought up, I promise."

"You don't need to ask us twice." Scarlet said, speaking up.

"Yeah, we'd help in a heartbeat." Eleonora followed up, speaking for the entire group from Earth.

Then another voice chimed in "Your goals are our goals; we'll help you, princess." Rumia spoke for the ship's crew members, each of whom nodded in agreement.

"It should already be agreed that I will do everything to help my fated one." Ashastha responded. "Does everyone else here agree?" Ashastha asked her fellow tribeswomen. Each of them nodded their heads.

"Of course, my queen." Laelli responded.

Lucilia then turned to her sisters. "Now I have to ask you—sisters, mother...will you side with me on this?"

Ivy was the first to speak up. "Of course, my daughter, Ren, is a big part of your life. I will stop at nothing to see your smile return to your face. I'm in."

The next to speak up was Aurelia. "I'll side with you, sister; while I don't know Ren quite like you, I want to get to know him better. Besides, he makes you happy, sister; that's all that matters. You have my support. I will also see if my crew decides to join or not, but they should. They are more loyal to me than they are to the Emperor."

Then Octavia and Sienna looked at each other and nodded. "We're in Lucilia." They kept quiet as to their reasoning, but both of them seemed to know exactly why.

"T-thank you...thank all of you." Lucilia said as she started to break down into tears.

"It's not a problem, sister. Now we should start to discuss the plans for Operation Save Ren." Octavia said.

"We're going to need a lot of resources...plus a place we can hide Ren with protection from the Empire." Serenity said.

"How about Versaerth?" Sthora said suggesting an idea.

"No...the emperor knows Ren has a connection to that planet; it wouldn't be safe for him." Aurelia spoke.

"I...may have an idea." Lucilia said as she wiped away the tears. "But it's not going to be easy."

"What's your idea?" Tyler asked.

"I think I may know..." Octavia said with a slight smile.

Lucilia placed a holographic caller on the table and spoke to it "Call Queen Tsukiko."

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

5