Chapter Eighty-Five: The Citadel
170 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the fuck was that?" the guard said, confused.

Ren, despite all the pain he was going through, smiled and said. "M-my wife." Ren manages to chuckle. "If I were you, I'd be very, very scared."

*Outside*

"All attack teams target the defense cannons; prepare all fireteams for assault." Aurelia ordered the bridge crew.

"Yes, ma'am." the bridge crew responded.

"The Citadel is not to be trifled with; nobody has broken in or out of it since it's creation."

Aurelia looked outside of her ship's window and saw the massive building in space, surrounded by dozens of defensive ships. Many have tried to break out of the citadel, but not a single one has managed it. The Citadel was located at the edge of its star system, away from any moon or planet, as an isolated prison in the darkness of space.

However, Lucilia took various countermeasures.

Aurelia was attacking with a fleet of seven ships from the north, while Lucilia attacked with six ships from the south. Dividing the Citadel's defense forces in two. However, that was not all.

"Here comes our allies." Aurelia said.

Fourteen ships warped in from both the west and east, completely circling the Citadel's forces.

*Citadel*

"What the fuck is happening!?" Zerak yelled.

"We're surrounded and outnumbered, sir!" one of the guards said.

"Well, who has the balls to attack us with such force?!" Zerak asked.

"According to our ID... us sir." the guard said.

"What?" Zerak asked.

"ID has recognized Princess Aurelia and Princess Lucilia's flag ships among the assault. I'm still trying to get further identification from other ships that seem to be in command." the guard said.

"Of course the wife would come for her husband...but if Aurelia is here, that means she betrayed the Empire too..." Zerak said it with concern. "Send a message to the Emperor; we will need reinforcements."

"Sir! I'm trying, but the message isn't going through; we're being cut off!" the guard said.

Zerak was wordless before sighing "We're fucked."

Explosions rang out throughout the citadel as it was bombarded by the assault.

"Send out our knight battlegroups." Aurelia said from her bridge. "Octavia, Lucilia, and Queen Tsukiko, are your forces ready?"

"My teams are ready." Octavia said.

"All of my troops are standing by for my order." Tsukiko replied.

"I'm ready." Lucilia replied.

Aurelia sighed "I should've known you would be going with your assault team."

"Of course." Lucilia replied. "And I'm not alone."

Scarlet, Lily, Tyler, Sakura, and Eleonora were at the ready inside of their new knights.

"Mom, can you handle the assault?" Lucilia asked on her comms.

"Don't worry, my daughter." Ivy replied on comms. "I will handle everything; just go get my son-in-law back."

"I will." Lucilia said with an angry expression. "NOW LAUNCH!"

*Inside the Citadel, Ren's cell."

"Sounds like you're losing." Ren said it with a smile on his battered face.

"Shut it!" the guard said before hitting Ren in the stomach.

"Some advice; run. Because when my wife finds out what you in particular have done to me, you're fucked." Ren said.

"I said shut it!" The guard yelled before punching Ren again.

"Well, I tried saving you. Now your fate is in my wife's hands." Ren said.

Then the announcer of the citadel spoke on the intercoms. "ALERT ALERT, INTRUDERS ON LEVEL D! I REPEAT INTRUDERS ON LEVEL D!"

"How did they get to Level D?" The guard spoke out loud.

"We're on Level E, right? That means they will be here soon. You should start running." Ren said with a smile.

"Shut it! There's no way they'll make it past our troops." The guard replied.

"Wanna bet?" Ren said.

The intercom spoke again. "INTRUDERS HAVE REACHED LEVELS C AND E. THEY ARE SEARCHING CELLS."

"Well, it seems you lost that bet. Anyway, you have two options: stay here and die or run and attempt to survive. Your choice." Ren said.

"I-I..." The guard panicked "Fuck this shit." 

The guard bolted out of the door.

"Well, let's see what your odds of living are." Ren said out loud.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Ren smiled. "Not very high."

Ren heard his door open, light shining on his face. He looked up and saw three women looking at him through the doorway.

"R-Ren..."

Lucilia teared up seeing Ren in his current state; with her were Scarlet and Eleonora, also in the doorway, crying.

"Hey girls, it's been awhile." Ren said, attempting to smile.

Lucilia ran up to Ren and hugged him as tight as she could.

"Ren! Ren! You're here... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Lucilia said, crying.

"It's not your fault, my love. But it does me good to see your beautiful face again." Ren said. "That goes for you two as well."

Eleonora and Scarlet ran up to hug Ren as well. Ren is finally feeling at peace.

"We need to go." Eleonora said, wiping her tears.

"Right, let's get these chains off." Lucilia responded.

*At the Citadel office*

"Report!" Zerak yelled.

"Our prisoner levels have been invaded, and we're down to only two ships left to guard us, but they are abandoning ship as we speak. We also identified Princess Octavia and Sienna among the enemy ships...not to mention...the foreign Queen Tsukiko."

"This isn't just an insurrection; this is the way, and we're the first battle of it..." Zerak said. "Listen, all of you, run to the escape pods and try to survive; the battle is lost."

"Sir..."

"Just do it, soldier... Live to fight another day." Zerak said.

"Yes sir." The guards said this before leaving.

Zerak looked out into space as he watched the final two ships of his defense explode. He then looked at the camera nearby and saw Lucilia and Scarlet carry Ren onto a small shuttle. Leaving Zerak to slightly smile. He then reached into his pocket and brought out a hologram, which showed an image of his wife and child smiling together.

"The things women do for the man they love. I'm sorry, Denara, but I won't be returning home."

The Citadel was bombarded with missiles from the numerous ships, causing it to explode into pieces. Leaving nothing left in its place.

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

6