Chapter Ninety-Two: Taking Care Of Business.
61 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So Wilbur, show me what you got!" Serenity said, taunting the enemy pilot.

"I'm going to kill you!" Wilbur yelled out on the open channel.

Wilbur's knight charged at Serenity, who quickly dodged thanks to the upgrades that Mae had placed on her knight. Mae upgraded everyone's personal knights to be more adept at combat, allowing them to compete even with the royal family knights.

Scarlet yelled out. "Stay mobile! Don't let him get in close."

"Lily should get distance and prepare her sniper." Vivi advised.

"Already on it." Lily replied. "If you get me an opening, I can take the shot."

Serenity led Wilbur near the engines of the ship and launched his missiles at him, which he barely managed to dodge, but the missiles still hit the engines of the ship, causing damage to them.

"You missed!" Wilbur yelled out, taunting Serenity.

"Did I?" Serenity said, laughing. "Might want to turn around."

Wilbur turned around and saw that the ship was now damaged thanks to her missiles.

"YOU BITCH!" Wilbur yelled, realizing his mistake.

Scarlet then flew and shot her weapon right at Wilbur, which hit him on the shoulder, causing damage to his knight.

"Don't forget about us now." Scarlet said it with a smile. Scarlet charged right at Wilbur's now-damaged arm and grabbed a hold of it before tearing it off and flinging it inside one of the remaining engines.

"AGH!" Wilbur yelled from the inside of his pod.

"Oh, I'm still here too!" Vivi said before launching a rocket at Wilbur, hitting his chest and damaging his armor.

"I need to get out of here!" Wilbur yelled, now sweating inside the cockpit. He was no match when surrounded by the three other knights. Anything he did didn't work.

"Wait...I thought there were four of you-"

As Wilbur spoke, a sniper shot hit his knight's chest, causing complete system failure inside the knight.

"I can't move..." Wilbur said.

Then the computer inside of his knight began alerting Wilbur.

"Life Support Systems Critical.

Motion Systems Offline

Weapons Systems Offline."

"I'm a damn sitting target..." Wilbur said, realizing his situation.

Serenity flew up to Wilbur's knight, and he could see her through the glass of his cockpit. Serenity's knight waved bye at him before she, along with the other girls, unloaded their guns into him, causing his mech to explode.

"And that's that!" Serenity said with a smile.

"Now it's just to completely destroy the engines." Scarlet said.

Scarlet, Vivi, and Serenity threw all of their explosives into the engines, causing them to explode, before they contacted Ren.

"Ren, our enemy ship's engines are offline; what's the status on the main ship?" Scarlet said on the comms.

"Taking care of that now, luckily it seems like Caius didn't want to come out and play, so it was fairly easy." Ren replied.

"Lucky break for us then. We're heading back to the ship." Scarlet replied.

"Good, I'm waiting for ya." Ren said, taking a sigh of relief.

The girls returned to the ship, and all of the knights entered the hangar before Lucilia ordered them to start their escape.

*Caius Perspective*

"Can't we chase after them?" Caius yelled at his ship's crew.

"No, sir, our engines are gone. We're dead in the water." the crew member replied.

"It seems my sister has more at her disposal than I thought..." Caius said, sighing, before taking a seat back in his chair. "Send a message to my Father; I will face the shame of this loss alone."

"S-Sir we were at fault for not being better." The crew member pleaded. "We should be punished instead."

"No, you only did your jobs; it would be idiotic to punish you for something like that." Caius said. "I underestimated my sister and her husband; this is entirely on me. On my word, none of you shall face punishment."

"T-thank you, sir." The crew member said.

Caius sighed. "Call our nearest outpost for a repair team; after they are done, we will head back home..."

"Yes, sir!" the crew member replied.

"Lucilia...seems you and this Ren boy bring more than meets the eye...question is, how long can you last against the Empire? That is something I wish to find out. Just how strong is your resolve...Lucilia."

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

 

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

5