Chapter Seventy-Eight: Back to Volaria
177 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Three months earlier*

"Princess, we are landing in about half an hour." Rumia said, looking at her tablet.
The ship was currently preparing to land on Lucilia's home planet, Volaria, after they had finished their talks with Tsukiko and made their alliance official. Afterwards, the ship hurried all the way back to Volaria in order to prepare for the official wedding between Ren and Lucilia. Excitement buzzed around the ship for the wedding, and Lucilia apparently had been in contact with elite dress makers on Volaria during the trip back, trying to help design the most perfect dress she could.

Ren, however, like most grooms, just lets his fiancé take care of most of the wedding plans. Not that he didn't try to mind you, but Lucilia basically told him to let her handle everything, and that was that. But while all that was happening, something stuck in Ren's mind.

Ren had been thinking about what Ivy had told him about possibly contacting the UNS Eternity, which Ren was definitely arguing with himself about. Would they welcome him back with open arms, or would they now consider him the enemy since he was the fiancé of the people they had been at war with all this time?

That's when the door to Ren's room opened, and behind it was Serenity, who smiled when she saw Ren.

"Hey Ren." she said while she waved.

"What's up, Serenity?" Ren asked, seeing her answer her smile with one of his own.

Serenity sat next to Ren. "I just wanted to let you know we'll be at the landing port on Volaria in a couple minutes."

"Oh, okay, is that all?" Ren asked.

"No, there is something I wanted to talk to you about." Serenity said before putting a serious expression on her face.

"Is something wrong?" Ren asked, confused.

"Well yes." Serenity said before looking at Ren directly in the eyes. "Why haven't you made a move on me yet?!"

This shocked Ren before he asked her "What do you mean?"

Serenity stood up, staring at Ren. "I've made it well known since we reunited that I had interest in you, and yet I watched as Lucilia, Scarlet, Ashastha, and Lily all joined your harem, yet me of all people is left out of it?!"

"Serenity." Ren said before clearing his throat. "It's not like I'm leaving you out of it; it's just time-wise, neither of us have really had the time to really talk about this."

Serenity smirked as she then sat on Ren's lap and said to him "Well, how about this? After your marriage to Lucilia, we both make time."

Serenity kissed Ren passionately, showing Ren just how serious about this she was. Ren, who was shocked, responded in kind and kissed her. The two took several minutes to separate, and after they did, Serenity didn't say a word as she left the room.

"What just happened?" Ren said.

Ren was already struggling with making time for the girls; he was already in a relationship, and now Serenity is adding her name to things. "Love is so complicated..." he thought to himself.

A few minutes later, the announcement went around the ship that they had arrived at the landing port. Everyone on the ship gathered in the hangar and prepared themselves to land. Once they did and the hangar doors once again opened, the cheers of the public immediately became so loud that everyone could barely hear anything else.

Lucilia grabbed Ren's hand as they walked out first and raised their joined hands in union, making the entire crowd cheer even louder.

Once everyone got back to Lucilia's mansion, they learned about what they had missed. Apparently, while they had been gone, the two were the faces of every tabloid Volaria had. Talks and rumors about the two became very frequent in daily conversation, and there was even a dedicated show in their media talking about the two. In fact, Lucilia's mail was filled with requests to be on daily talk shows and other events, which overwhelmed both her and Ren.

"Just wait until we announce our marriage ceremony." Ren said slightly teasing.

Lucilia's eyes widened. "Oh no...it'll never end."

Also, while they had been gone, Sienna and Octavia were both also sparking the fires of their relationship with the public with constant hints and teasing, most of which weren't even true, but they fed the media what they wanted to hear. Octavia, being someone who could see parts of the future mixed in some truth with her lies, after all, she had to make it believable, but that didn't stop the speculation from tabloid writers everywhere.

Everyone tried to calm down in the mansion before Ren also realized that he himself had mail. He looked at the mail on a holographic computer and read the titles of some of the mail: "Talk show, news show, hosting a game show, and a celebrity masked singing competition? I think Volaria is more like Earth than I ever considered..."

Lucilia laughed hearing this as she was nearby. "I never asked. Can you sing?"

"Uhm, I don't know; I've never sung with anyone to hear it before, so it beats me." Ren replied.

"Hm, maybe one day I'll be the first to hear that singing voice." Lucilia teased.

Ren laughed. "I'd rather not torture you."

Lucilia walked over to Ren and hugged him. "Ren, you could sound like a screeching beast, and I'd still love it if you sang to me."

Ren smiled and hugged her back. "Maybe one day, we'll see."

The two spent some time together chatting and looking at the emails they both now had. They talked about possible wedding plans, among other things. All of it ended up with the two cuddling in bed and falling asleep. It had been a long few months for both of them, and they felt like they needed this rest. But before they fell asleep, Ren leaned over to Lucilia's forehead and kissed it.

"I love you, Lucilia."

*Three Months Later*

"Captain Aurora, we have arrived at the meeting coordinates." a bridge hand said.

"That's fine; now we wait." Aurora replied.

Aurora was anxious after seeing the message she received containing her best friend's name. Only she and one other person who was thought dead should know.

She immediately ordered the UNS Eternity to head towards the coordinates inlayed within the message, and after some travel, they had arrived in a foreign system. The system itself was unknown to them, but it had two suns and only three planets, all three being gas giants.

"Ma'am?" a bridge hand asked. "Permission to speak freely?"

Aurora looked at the bridge hand before saying "Granted."

"Ma'am, we are in unknown territory, and for all we know, it is filled with hostiles. We came here without backup and without telling anyone, so our distress beacon is nearly useless. Are you sure this is worth the risk?"

Aurora nodded her head. "You're right. What we're doing is very risky and could go bad for us. But if the person who I believe sent this message, nothing bad will happen."

Then the door to the bridge opened. In came a girl with fair skin and long purple hair.

"Lena, report!" Aurora said, looking at her.

Lena cleared her throat. "Fireteams Alpha, Delta, Epsilon, and Iota are all ready to be deployed if need be."

"Good, wait for my signal." Aurora said.

Lena then turned around and started to head towards the door before Aurora stopped her. "Lena, don't you want to wait and see? After all, there is a chance you see some of your friends that you've been missing today."

Lena nodded her head shyly. She had thought that her friends were all dead, but with the message they received and what Aurora had told her, There was a chance that some of them were still alive. Even if it was slim, she had to see.

"Ma'am! Four unknown ships are approaching." the bridge hand said.

"Here we go." Aurora said as she looked outside her ship.

Four massive starships approached her, all of which had different designs, meaning not all of them came from the same planet. Then a message came through again, this time with audio.

"Hello, UNS Eternity My name is Lucilia Aria Caelum. I have someone who wants to meet with your captain. I will be launching a small shuttle towards your ship's hangar. If my people don't communicate every fifteen minutes with me, I will attack in order to get them back. Is that clear?"

Aurora nodded her head and responded "Understood, no harm will come to them."

The communications cut off, and Aurora saw the small ship head towards her.

"Please be on that ship, Ren..."

------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

7