Chapter 1
551 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let's start with an introduction. I'm an ordinary worker, who works in an ordinary company, with an ordinary and boring life.

By now you must be thinking, right? How boring, I'll find something else to read, or ok, I understood the reference.

I'm going to start in earnest now, hi, my name is Walacer, I'm 23 years old, I have a degree in IT and I also work in IT support in a company that's a little big for the area. I live in, my job is a bit boring but I like it then It's a victory since not everyone works on what they like, but let's go back to the introduction.

I know it's a bit cliché but I like reading novels and fanfics I don't like anime anymore, when I was a little younger I liked it a lot more now the appearance of the characters doesn't please me, there's no specific reason for that it just doesn't attract me. .. I don't know if you noticed, but I get a little lost in thought, so it may be that sometimes I travel a little.

Back to the subject, I like computer games, specifically it would be survival games, it could be post-apocalyptic or medieval survival, there are some other genres but mainly this and games for adults, yes, a typical fat 'nerd' although I'm not exactly fat or nerdy, maybe a little above average in both intelligence and weight…. Haha ha.

I understand that my life is boring for the most part, I know that you are here for the part of my life that gets really interesting.

This part of my life changed not only my life, but everyone else's on planet Earth, as if I knew another planet... I almost lost focus... it started one day in mid-November.

It was almost time for my assistant to go to lunch, I don't know if you know that the IT area is roughly divided in a company into three areas: system support, hardware support and developers, in the company where I work there is only one. there are two employees for every minus the developers who have four, physically in the company there are only six people, me and my assistant Maria, from hardware support Luis and Thales and the sector manager Lais and her assistant Talita.

This introduction is great, I know, but everything that has been presented so far is important, only time will tell as some are for good and others for bad. (small spoiler)

Maria's lunch time was at 11am and it was around that time that we started to notice some strange noises outside the room, as our room is a little further away from the rest of the building on the fourth floor and it is also a closed room. Windows because of data center security issues and others.

Normally before she leaves I go to the bathroom, at least one of us has to be in the department to answer the calls that are constant because of the company's shitty system, as soon as I left the door I saw several people with strange behavior that I already thought sector is strange and distant from other areas, as I like reading zombie stories, it clicked, I went back to the room without making a sound, I don't know what goes on in the heads of the protagonists who, when they see a problem, want to check their instincts and leave up close, at least and what I think is sensible to do.

As I came back very quickly, my manager Lais spoke to me, Lais.

"Walacer, is there a problem? Did you barely leave before coming back or did you forget something?"

Since I like the post-apocalyptic genre, I'm a little put off because come on, I just like reading, not real life, I replied to my boss.

"well, I think I saw something that wouldn't be very nice, but I'm not sure if I'm right, so I asked you to confirm that what I saw is right."

She looked at me a little strange because I'm not usually much of a talker unless it's important, but she talks anyway.

"what exactly should I see"

When we look through the door, the first thing I notice is that they are closer, perhaps because of our conversation or the smell, as is common in series and soap operas, as in real life, I don't know if fictional knowledge is real or not, yet I don't know. what they are attracted to.

My boss freezes next to me, yes she is a little scared, oh I was surprised, she stopped just when I was about to scream, she must have realized what they were as we stood in front of the door for a long time instead , others in the sector noticed the 'commotion' that was happening and Thales from hardware support spoke loudly, almost shouting asking what's going on, well you already know what's going to happen but for those who are new to this genre I think so It's hard to have anything, but anything is possible, yes, yes, I lost it again, let's start calling them zombies now, they are slowly starting to come towards the door.

As I saw that combat is inevitable, let's not be stupid to fight with our hands, everyone knows that they can't get hurt fighting zombies, at least I think that's common knowledge, even my boss ran to get the mosquito swatter racket. , so I also took the cake cutting knife... yes, you must be thinking that it's one of those knives without a point, but I haven't said that I'm not an idiot and a sharp knife with a point is just not very big, but it will serve the purpose purpose.

18