I may have seen red.
85 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27

(this part starts at the end of chapter 25)

Wallace's POV:

When I was about to enter I heard a click.

A human hurt what was mine, I felt such anger that I saw red.

I took a knife from my inventory and threw it with an accuracy that would have surprised me if I had been thinking straight and hit the shoulder of the arm that had the gun in its hand.

His arm fell uselessly and the weapon fell at his feet, that's when I was already passing the sword through his legs, then through his arms.

As soon as the threat was contained I looked at the girls, they had already disappeared behind the counter, I turned my gaze to the being who dared to hurt what I saw and I saw that he had already died, maybe cardiac arrest, I don't care.

I stabbed his head so he wouldn't come back as a zombie.

I picked up the gun from the floor and went to see how they are now.

(returning to the end of chapter 26)

Wallace's POV:

" let's change places "

I only get a nod in response from Talita, I see that she is blaming herself for the state that Maria is in, there wasn't much that could be done, I think even if I was caught off guard by a man with a gun it would be difficult to react.

When we change places, we don't exactly change because the talita is too small to hold Maria on her lap, they are sort of fitted side by side on the bench.

I start looking for a hiding place to stay until Maria gets a little better, if she doesn't wake up by tomorrow we'll continue anyway.

We're more or less halfway out of the city, this is more of a residential part than a commercial one, so finding a house to hide in until tomorrow is easy.

I chose a house with a fence, I could have chosen one with a wall but I prefer a fence to see the outside.

I stop the car at the cut where the girls are at the entrance to the house, and a small house will do the trick.

Talita was so tense that she is sleeping now, I see that Maria is waking up, now I can continue the journey now but let's stop for a while and eat she is pale from loss of blood.

She's looking at me a little apprehensively, I have an idea of what else I'm going to kill the zombies that were attracted by the car.

" after "

I don't wait for an answer because I already get out of the car, taking my sword from my belt, I'm keeping it there now and I practice more.

I quickly clear out the nearby zombies, take a quick look around the house as well before heading back to the girls in the car.

I see that Maria is struggling to get up from the car, she is stubborn but I like her spirit, even though she is reckless.

I come to her side and lift her into my arms, before she complains.

“but you are stubborn”

Maria; “I can walk”

“I know you can do it, but you don’t need it”

“I don’t want to be dead weight”

What was bothering her came out, unfortunately she is right, of course I won't say that so as not to make the situation worse.

“You did what you thought was best with the information you had at the time, and ended up saving your friend, she only got hurt in the process, it will take some time but it will heal, in the meantime you just need to trust us, ok? ”

She kisses me as simple as that, it was just lip to lip and something.

“I didn’t say, you always know what to say when I need it”

" I do what I can "

I took her home and put her on the sofa in the living room, I went back to get the talita that is erased from the world.

I also placed it on the sofa next to Maria who is already eating biscuits with water that she took from her storage, it's not the tastiest thing in the world.

“Since you're awake, is it okay to continue out of town? ”

“I don’t want to disturb you any more than I already have”

“Are you still in this?, nevermind, you were shot, not bitten”

“I’m not going to talk about it anymore, that’s okay”

“We'll probably reach the city limits by nightfall, so we'll spend the night in the car, it's not very spacious but we can fill the back of it with items we'll need later, get some rest”

“it’s okay, thank you for not abandoning me”

She said this a little tearfully, if it had been anyone else other than these two I would have done it without thinking twice.

“I’m not going to comment on that, take this, there’s only three bullets, stay with you, I’ll see if there’s anything we can take from this house”

I handed her the gun that only has three bullets left that I got from the guy at the store, the girls need more now I can react and I have head protection against normal weapons.

She looks at me a little nervous, but accepts the gun.

I go to what I think is the kitchen, I see some food items but I change my mind, let's stop by a market on the way and pick up new items while they still have them.

I eat something and go back to the girls who were talking, in fact I left the room to let them talk because I saw that Talita had been awake for some time.

" let's go? ”

Maria just extends her arms towards me, I see that she is fine now, while Talita goes ahead to the car.

Maria: “she’s jealous because I kissed you”

In my head they are already mine but the morals are still in force so it must not have crossed her mind that I would keep them both, I will put this idea in her head, I think Maria already knows that I will keep them both.

“I’m going after her too, you know that right? ”

“of course, protagonist”

I don't answer, I just give her a little kiss and go to the car with Maria in my arms.

10