Mutant mouse 1.
105 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32

I parked the car near the entrance of the house, I looked at the house again. I'm not entirely sure now that it's really devoid of life, at least I know it's not human.

From the noise I'm hearing now that I turned off the car, it sounded like the paws of some small animal, but there were a lot of paws.

During the night, in addition to being bored, I made an improvised earbud for one of my arms with a piece of resistant but slightly flexible plastic, the kind used to separate fruit on market shelves.

I made two holes to attach it to my arm with a rope, it's not very big, it's about fifty centimeters long and thirty centimeters wide, to prevent my movement and to be able to block the zombies when it's not possible to dodge.

“I can hear the paws of some small animal inside the house, I want to go in first so I can analyze one of them”

Maria: “we’re going with you, don’t even think about saying you’re going alone”

“I wasn't going to say that, I prefer you to be close to me, I just want you to wait for me to see what we're dealing with before you attack, ok? ”

Maria: “it’s ok, normally when characters separate in films something happens”

“We are experiencing a fictional scenario, let’s avoid following clichés”

I look at the Tavares couple, who haven't gotten out of their car yet, I'd rather they stay out of this, you can't trust them in a fight.

“stay outside while we check the condition of the house”

Janice: “right”

The front of the house has a balcony, a door with a grille and a window with a grille.

The door is half open with the grille completely open, the window has a curtain so you can't see through it without warning what's inside.

I'm going in front with the girls close to my back, I'm still a little worried about Maria's leg, I'll try to finish this as quickly as possible.

Through the half-open door I see what I think was a very large mouse, it looked more like a cat due to its size, how disgusting the nose was dripping with blood, analysis gave me this information.

Mutant rat lvl 2: a common rat found anywhere else that has mutated after coming into contact with the infection.

Nothing that couldn't be deduced except that the system isn't saying anything about whether it can infect or not like it did with zombies.

“The analysis didn't give anything useful, except that it's a mutant mouse and nothing else, it seems like it can't infect”

Talita: “even if it doesn’t infect, I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to get hurt”

Normally rats are fast and when you find one there are almost always more, let me see what this mutation did to them.

I'm feeling a presence behind the door.

I pushed the door open completely with my sword, the little pest that was in my field of vision was a decoy, because someone else jumped out from behind the door, if he had entered he would have jumped at me.

I've already learned two things from this, they are intelligent and can work together, apart from the fact that they are fast but not faster than before the mutation, this is a level two so it's not very strong yet.

“since Maria is still not 100%, I’m going to go ahead, I’m going to try to block so you can kill”

We entered the house after I received the affirmative answers, that rat who was baiting when their plan failed let out a high-pitched scream, probably alerting the others of our presence.

After the scream he threw himself at me with another trying to flank me, I blocked the one that came in front of me with the improvised shield, while Maria came to my side and blocked the other.

They are intelligent but not so much, as they were stunned after colliding with the shields, the girls killed one each.

Talita: “it was a bit anti-climactic”

Maria: “they are even more intelligent and just mice with supplements”

I almost couldn't contain myself, my sense of humor is strange.

I looked around where we were to get our bearings, on the left is the room that has the window that we saw from the outside and is quite large, facing the entrance is a door I don't know what and another staircase that leads to the top floor and a door that I believe leads to the back of the house next to the stairs, on the left there are two doors, one close to the entrance and the other close to the stairs.

I started walking around the entrance room, there are two 'L' shaped sofas, facing the wall on the left side of the house where there is a television, it seemed like there were some mutant rats hiding there.

There is what used to be a dining table that now only has two legs, leaning against the wall in the corner next to the door at the back of the room, where there are probably more of them.

On the sofas there are I think eight of them, this sofa is unusable, I'm not going to sit on it, it's red with rat blood, the odor is insurmountable.

There are two of them that are visibly bigger than the others, based on the information from the analysis, they are level four, I'm going to kill these two.

When we get less than two meters away from them, the smaller ones jump towards us almost at the same time, while the bigger ones each go to one side trying to flank us.

I quickly raise my shield, while Maria also comes to help me, four of those who jumped caught their shields and were stunned, the other two only hit their companions and are trying to bite my feet and Maria's feet.

I killed them first and turned to one of the big ones who was on my side, Talita is taking care of the other one, she doesn't need my help with him.

The mouse tries to run and bite me, unlike the smaller ones that jump, I only put my shield in front of it when it is very close to me, I hear a strong blow and I stab it with my sword.

Talita managed to kill the other big one, using the cut and dodge strategy, she needs protection for her arms, I see that they are quite unprotected.

While Talita was fighting, Maria took the opportunity to finish off the others who were armed.

6