Maybe I still have a heart.
52 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36

“ so do you want to look for her? ”

Talita: “I want to, but I’m not going to put an agent in danger, so I know she was putting a lot of faith in the wrong person”

“send a message to see if she still has her cell phone”

And funny how girls are forgetting the simplest things.

Talita: “I’ll ask her to call if she sees the message, to find out if it’s really her”

" wants to go back? ”

Talita: “we can continue, I’m fine now, these statistics work miracles”

“let's go back to see if there is an ax, so we can chop down the trees near the fences to have a better view of the surroundings”

Talita: “go back to this, yes, I thought it was to rest”

Actually, I was supposed to rest, but since she was fine, I changed my plan.

Outside the balcony is a small mountain of dead rats, I see Janice bringing two more to deposit on this mountain, she is dragging herself out of exhaustion.

Talita stopped her from returning to the house and made her sit down, and gave her a bottle of water.

I want to see how Maria is doing, it seems like she doesn't know when to stop.

In the room I only see blood stains where there were mutant rats before, I go upstairs where I hear movement.

In the main bedroom there is Maria and Nerlon struggling to move the rat leader, they must have moved about 50 centimeters from the place I remember seeing him standing.

Maria: “don’t just watch, come help”

She spoke angrily to me when she saw me standing there finding the situation amusing.

“Okay, I'm on my way, where do you want to take him? ”

Maria: “I’m joining those we’re going to keep in the room downstairs”

If we're going down the stairs, I think it's better to put it in the storage space, but it's longer than one meter, I'm just going to cut it, I could take the backpack with the talita, but it's going to have to be cut anyway.

I took out my sword, after the others moved away I started cutting, I took out the four paws and the head, I think it's okay now, Maria takes the paws and puts them on her belt and goes down the stairs.

I take the opportunity to look in the head and heart to see if there is anything different, unfortunately there is nothing, maybe only when it evolves, like in the novels, there are several similarities so far to disregard.

“later my girls and I are going into town to pick up some things, I would like you and your wife to stay and continue cleaning, we probably won’t be back today”

Nerlon: “I know it would be a lot to ask, but could I leave some sheets, we forgot to get them”

“No problem, we'll be more in the city, if you finish cleaning the house before we get back, can you start weeding around the house?, we've already checked the area around the house”

Nerlon: “okay”

I went downstairs after finishing this conversation and left the house, I'm going to get some water from the can to bathe, I forgot we don't have a bucket and the ones near the well are cracked from exposure to the sun.

From the well where I came to at least wash my arms and head, I see Maria coming out and talking to Talita, when I finish refreshing myself.

Talita: “walace”

Talita calls me, she and Maria are heading to our car, Talita stores the items from the back of the car in her backpack and goes back to the living room, dropping everything.

When I get to the car, still a little wet, the girls pass me.

Maria: “Wait a minute, wash my hair”

She got some shampoo from the house and went to the well with the talita as well.

I lean against the car to wait, it's still early and around ten o'clock in the morning, and I'm not in a hurry for anything either, we've already found a very good place to die.

It looked like it was going to rain, it was starting to create clouds in the sky.

Could it be that it was the rain that transmitted the infection?, the day it started it looked like it rained and the streets were a little wet.

‘congratulations, for being the first uninfected person to discover what caused the infection to begin’

‘you have a question that will be answered regardless of what it is’

I already have one question, what do you hope to gain from this infection?

‘It’s just time for this planet to evolve, I don’t expect anything, I’m just a means to an end’

That's good, we don't have any major invasion planned, even if that were the case I don't want to get involved, I don't understand protagonists with ambitions to rule the world, that's more work than it's worth.

First you run out of time for the main thing which is having sex, then comes the conspiracies, having to deal with the girls is enough and it's a lot of work managing a mini harem, I don't want any more work than that.

After it rains I want to analyze the water to see what it really causes, if it really is to evolve the world, I don't think it is just to infect.

The girls come to the car with towels on their heads, they smell nice now, it's better not to comment.

“ready? ”

Maria: “we can go”

Talita's cell phone rings, she quickly answers it, I see it's Lais, so she still has her cell phone.

Talita: “where are you?, (…), do you want to join us?, (…), let’s get there as quickly as possible”

We waited for Talita to speak after she hung up her cell phone.

Talita: “she is close to the barrier of the army we passed, it seemed like she was scared of something she saw and didn’t say what it was”

Maria is strangely silent.

Talita: “can we go get lais?, you had asked me before, I hadn’t answered”

Before answering, look at Maria, let's take Lais, but I would like to know her opinion so as not to generate conflicts.

5