Mutant dog.
58 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39

Maria: “There’s something bothering me, can I take it away? ”

I looked at her questioningly.

“What would that be?, can you? ”

She started to take off her blouse, which I wasn't expecting, as I said before, if there's something bothering you, you can 'take it off'.

Talita: “I may have agreed to this strange relationship, but I don’t want to see your breasts”

She stopped Maria from taking off her blouse completely, what a shame she wanted to see some breasts.

Talita started to complain, saying that no rules were established, I forgot about that, we should have talked about it last night.

We're getting close to a mini market, it's very small and it looks like it's been ransacked, I see a very large dog inside enjoying a package of dried meat.

For the record, the rain stopped a little earlier when we were talking.

Maria: “do you want to stop here?, there’s a really big dog there”

“We can go to another one, I didn’t seem to have much left, I’m just going to kill the dog since he gives me experience”

Mutant dog lvl 6: a normal dog that mutated after coming into contact with the infection, was lucky to find a constant food source to level up quickly.

“As I only gain experience with zombies or mutants above level 5, due to the system's limitation of only gaining xp with a maximum difference of 10 levels, I want to take advantage of the ones that appear since there won't be many at the beginning”

Talita: “since you’re going to kill him anyway, we can get what we need right here”

“I remembered something, Maria pass the treasure box to Talita, please”

Maria: “oh, I forgot”

When Talita received the box, she opened it quickly.

Leather pants: offered moderate protection against cuts and low-caliber weapons, immunity to infection one level above the user, increases one in all physical stats.

Same thing as the coat but for the legs.

“Can I stay?, I’m the one with the least equipment”

Talita: “you can stay, even with less equipment you are still the strongest…”

Maria: “power of the protagonist”

" thanks "

I preferred to ignore Maria's comment, the protagonist makes sacrifices for the greater good, I'm too selfish to do that.

I stopped the car a little far from the mini market, I asked the girls to bring the car when I killed the dog.

I'm not going to get too close, I'm going to try to throw knives at the dog from afar, I'd rather not face that up close.

While he is still distracted eating, I prepared a knife in each hand and I agreed, as he is bent down eating, he is only visible to hit his hind legs, at least I want to reduce his mobility.

I threw the two knives, and prepared two more almost instantly, I managed to hit one unfortunately it wasn't where I wanted, now he turned to me and ran with a limp.

Pretty quick for an injured dog, nothing I can't manage, I run towards him throwing more knives, hitting two more until he starts trying to dodge.

As I already hit him with three knives, when I got close he was almost out of strength, because I hit one of the main veins in one of his paws.

I just dodged his initial charge and cut a long cut on his side, he tries one last attack when I'm about to finish, I almost managed to catch my leg but with the tip of my sword I penetrated his head, keeping it a little away.

I see a treasure box so I know he's dead.

I quickly open this box.

Guide dog glasses: through the friendship of a dog and a man, the dog's will remains in this item, these glasses grant limited vision to a blind person.

I don't have much use for this item, saving it will be useful someday.

Maria: “What are the glasses? ”

The girls come to me in the car and stop in front of the mini market.

“gives sight to a blind man, nothing very useful to us”

Talita: “I would like this before all this, for my father”

“We will keep it in case we find a use for it in the future”

We entered the market to get what we found useful, the first impression I had was yes, it has already been looted, there are few things we can use.

There were only a few cereal bars, snacks and a few cans of soda, the rest was probably overturned on the floor by the dog.

There were some dead zombies on the floor, the dog's work as well due to the nail marks and it looked like one's head was pressed by a paw on the floor, not a very pretty sight at least no one vomited.

Maria gave me some gum, I see that she is stocking up on everyone on the counter, almost every day since I met her she has consumed at least one piece of gum or candy.

Talita: “There’s not much, shall we? ”

She's a little anxious, but she'll get there quickly.

" right "

I turned to leave and saw Maria with a packet of condoms.

Maria: “there are no extra large ones here, what a shame”

I won't say anything.

Maria: “at least there’s a morning-after pill, I’ve always wanted to try it without a condom”

I already said I'm not going to react to that.

Talita: “you are very vulgar”

Maria: “I’m not, you’re acting like a prude”

Talita: “just for the record, I’m still a virgin”

Maria: “I can’t believe it, you were dating for two months”

Talita: “he was preoccupying me, yes, he was thinking about it”

Maria: “oh”

The atmosphere has become a bit strange now, I don't really care if the girls are virgins or not, of course I'm happy if so who wouldn't want to be the first.

But if they don't cheat on me while we're in a relationship, I don't care about virginity.

It seemed like Maria cares, and of course she's not a virgin because she spent three years in a relationship, when I thought Talita wasn't a virgin everything was fine because they were on the same level, now I'm not sure if that changes anything, for me it doesn't. .

“I don’t care if you’re thinking about it, I only care if you cheat on me”

Talita: “you care about every single thing, Maria”

Maria: “my ex left me when he found out that I had lost my virginity to a cousin and not to him, long story later”

I didn't say anything else, I may not care about virginity but I feel uncomfortable when people mention their exes, I'm weird.

" let's continue? ”

This time I didn't stop until I got in the car and soon after we were on the road.

If you're curious, here's the status.

Name: Walacer Lima
Status: excited
Class: magic swordsman
Level: 15 (80/320)
Strength: 18+2
Stamina: 19+2
Agility: 26+2
Mind: 15+3
Skills: analyze lvl 2 (64%), agility up, boost lvl 1 (60%)
Equipment: Storage belt lvl 1, Goggles, Leather pants
Points: 0

Name: Maria Lore
Status: happy
Level: 8 (90/180)
Strength: 13+3
Stamina: 14+3
Agility: 13 +2
Mind: 11+1
Skills: abundant harvest lvl 1 (0%), empower lvl 1(62%)
Equipment: Porder Shield, Lvl 1 Storage Belt, Reinforced Leather Coat

Name: Talita Leite
Status: excited, happy
Level: 8 (30/270)
Strength: 10+3
Stamina: 14+1
Agility: 14+3
Mind: 12
Skills: knife lvl 2 (23%), inmate lvl 1 (29%)
Equipment: Power Glove, Light Boots, Leather Coat, Leather Backpack

4