Chapter 40: Danzo’s Crazy Criteria
420 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Who is Nara Shikaku? Konoha's greatest genius. The renowned strategist throughout the ninja world. If he has made a decision, then he will surely make it his main action.

The power of the Ino-Shika-Cho clans is not enough to worry the Hokage and the others. So, they decided to bring a few more families.

In Konoha, there are a lot of clans affected by Danzo's actions, that even with your eyes closed you can still find them.

In fact, given the current circumstances in Konoha, the power of the Ino-Shika-Cho clans is more than enough to give the Hokage a headache.

The Aburame clan.

Nara Shikaku took Choza and Inoichi to pay a public visit to the Aburame clan and was warmly welcomed by Aburame Shibi.

Although it was difficult to tell from their expressions, except for the jonin who were on some mission, the remaining jonin of the Aburame clan came out to greet them. This action was enough to show that the other party valued them.

“It seems that the Aburame clan has also made a decision.” Nara Shikaku has a smile on his face. He originally wanted to come alone, but unexpectedly, Aburame Shibi expressed his hope that the Ino-Shika-Cho clans would enter the Aburame clan through the main gate in an open and honest manner.

At this, Nara Shikaku was overjoyed. He knew that this was the other party's response.

Although Aburame Shibi’s expression was expressionless, he handed Nara Shikaku a list. After reading it, Shikaku’s brows twitched wildly, and his face twitched. 'Good Guy! Danzo is just a good guy!'

Inoichi and Choza also received the list that Danzo gave to the Aburame clan.

From the Akimichi clan, Danzo wanted only a few people. From the Nara clan, Danzo loved several of the members with great intellect. From the Yamanaka clan, he practically wanted a group of every age range, from teenagers, young people to middle-aged people. Who makes Danzo really like shinobi who play with minds.

Shikaku thought that the Yamanaka clan case was the most ruthless example, but after seeing Aburame Shibi's list, Shikaku truly understood that Danzo has no limit to how ruthless he can be.

The first name on the list: Aburame Shibi!

Damn! He's taking the clan leader!

The following names are all jonin of the Aburame clan.

So, are they restructuring the entire Aburame Clan so they can merge with the Root?

“Danzo, is he crazy?”

Inoichi saw it too and was speechless for a while. He then he thought: 'It turns out there are people worse off than me. What did I say before? Ah, yes... He wanted to resign as clan leader and have Danzo lead the Yamanaka Clan.'

Look, on the side of the Aburame clan, it almost came true. In an instant, Inoichi felt comfortable.

No wonder the Aburame Clan allowed the Ino-Shika-Cho Clans to enter through the main gate, no one could hold back in this situation!

What is the reason why these ninjas are based in Konoha? The family can thrive and develop in a peaceful environment. What does Danzo want to do? Do you really treat them as tools?

Aburame Shibi's calm voice sounded: "Is he crazy? I don't know. I was close to being crazy."

“Ahem!” Choza couldn't help but cough repeatedly.

Danzo is truly a talent to be able to force the 'Pride of Aburame', Aburame Shibi, to reach this point.

Aburame Shibi is no ordinary shinobi.

He is an exceptional ninja in Ninjutsu, Taijutsu and Genjutsu, as well as having a clear and calm mind in critical situations. He has almost no weak points. He is considered a perfect ninja by many Jonin and his position in Konoha is extremely high. He has completed more S-rank missions than Shikaku, Choza, and Inoichi combined.

If it weren't for his personality, he would be more famous than Kakashi Hatake.

Nara Shikaku took a deep breath and said slowly: "It seems that our choice is not wrong at all. Danzo has gone crazy!"

Aburame Shibi nodded slowly and said: "With the cooperation of the Aburame Clan along with the Ino-Shika-Cho clans, Danzo will not dare to make reckless decisions."

"It's not just four clans, it's five!" Nara Shikaku smiled slightly and said: "The Inuzuka clan also agreed to join our big family. Shibi, what do you think?"

Aburame Shibi’s fingers trembled slightly. Even though he was wearing sunglasses, Nara Shikaku could still feel the sharp gaze.

Just like the Ino-Shika-Cho clans, the relationship between the Aburame clan and the Inuzuka clan is also very good.

Although Shibi joined this alliance, he had secret connections with the Inuzuka Clan, using them as an ace up his sleeve, a form of mutual protection.

Now, Nara Shikaku has made everything clear.

Although I don’t know what Nara Shikaku relied on to persuade Inuzuka, it was obvious that special means were used to make the other party break the agreement with Aburame Shibi.

“Alright.” After a brief silence, Aburame Shibi said calmly: "The power of five first-class shinobi clans is enough to make the Hokage retreat, but Shikaku, tell me your true purpose."

“If you say you just want to protect yourself, I won’t believe it.”

Shikaku said jokingly: "If I said that I wanted to be Hokage, would you believe it?"

“I believe it.” Aburame Shibi said calmly: "But you are not worthy of the title."

Shikaku's face stiffened slightly, then he smiled and said: "Okay, let's be honest, I am going to choose a new Hokage, The fifth Hokage. The third Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen is already old."

“The Fifth Hokage?” Aburame Shibi nodded slightly and said: "Who is your candidate?"

Choza and Inoichi also cast curious glances. They knew that Nara Shikaku was planning to nominate a new Hokage, but they didn't know who it would be. Shikaku smiled slightly and turned his gaze to the burly man next to him.

"I?" Akimichi Choza pointed at his nose, his eyes full of astonishment: "Am I the Hokage?"

“Are you dreaming?” Nara Shikaku rolled his eyes and said: “I’m talking about Torifu-sama!”

Torifu? Everyone was perplexed. Torifu from the Akimichi clan? This is really an unexpected name. They thought Nara Shikaku would choose Jiraiya or Tsunade.

"What's happening?" Nara Shikaku said with a smile: "Do you think Torifu-sama is not qualified?"

Choza and Inoichi were silent. Naturally, they were in complete agreement. The fact that someone from the Ino-Shika-Cho clans became Hokage was beneficial for all three clans.

The tradition of the Hokage lineage monopolizing the position of Hokage seemed to be maintained, but in fact it was interrupted.

But, will Aburame Shibi agree?

The Aburame clan and the Inuzuka clan have a good relationship, with Aburame Shibi being the dominant one. If he gave his approval, the union of the five clans would be feasible.

After all, Akimichi Torifu is also a disciple of the Second Hokage. Additionally, he has connections with Hiruzen Sarutobi and Danzo, they are from the same generation.

Although he is slightly younger than Hiruzen Sarutobi, due to the Akimichi Clan's secret techniques, he has maintained his strength until now, and although he is not exceptionally powerful, he is still among Konoha's top ten.

Konoha is not Kumogakure. The Hokage does not need to be the strongest in Konoha. In terms of reputation, Akimichi Torifu is barely qualified.

"Impossible." Aburame Shibi thought for a moment and said without hesitation: "Torifu-sama is indeed qualified to be Hokage, but he is too old."

The peak of a ninja is maintained between the age of forty and forty-five, and then begins to decline.

Even though the Akimichi Clan's secret techniques slow that decline, Torifu is close to sixty now and his combat ability should be declining.

If he becomes the fifth Hokage, how many years will he be able to do so? Three to five years later, the Hokage will be replaced again, and Konoha will suffer another impact.

Aburame Shibi looked at Nara Shikaku strangely. He can think of all this, but Konoha's military advisor can't think of it?

"Well, what you said makes sense!" Nara Shikaku smiled slightly and said: "So, I changed my mind and recommended Jiraiya or Tsunade, but before that, Torifu-sama became the acting Hokage, how about it?"

The Acting Hokage? Hearing this, the people present were startled again.

Aburame Shibi said calmly: "Shikaku, is this your purpose?"

Nara Shikaku smiled slightly and said: "When Torifu-sama becomes the acting Hokage, we will send someone to find Tsunade or Jiraiya, so they can return and take over the true position as the Fifth Hokage."

"Alright." Aburame Shibi agreed decisively after thinking for a while.

Nara Shikaku was not surprised and said with a smile: "It will be a pleasure to work together!"

"A pleasure to work together!"

Becoming Hokage immediately, with the base of the Ino-Shika-Cho clans and Akimichi Torifu's age, was absolutely impossible. Unless Torifu was twenty years younger. Therefore, becoming the acting Hokage first would make it easier for other clans in Konoha to accept.

As for Tsunade and Jiraiya, whether or not they returned to take over as Hokage, that was their business. Meanwhile, Akimichi Torifu would be in charge of Konoha temporarily.

During this period, Nara Shikaku would have much more power to act. At least, the future fifth generation Hokage will have his shadow by his side. This is his real purpose.

The Aburame clan and the Inuzuka clan really don’t want much, and they don’t need to rely on the Fifth Hokage. With Nara Shikaku’s current status, he can help them complete it.

"What did you say?" The Third Hokage looked at Uchiha Funan in astonishment: "You have accepted a mission and want to leave the village?"

Seeing Hiruzen's performance, Funan complained in his mind: 'What the hell, that expression is so authentic that I give you ninety-nine points. She seems so authentic that I started to doubt Itachi. It's no surprise that in the Naruto Series you can trick Itachi until he's lame. You were able to trick Danzo into working for you for decades.'

'I am still too young, and sometimes my expressions cannot be so vivid, role-playing, and a bit exaggerated. Sarutobi Hiruzen, that's the role model to learn from! He fully explained what hypocrisy is. What does it mean to be shameless. I am still too serious.'

Then Funan started his own show using what he learned from Hiruzen. "Although I am the vice leader of the Uchiha clan and the captain of the Konoha Police Force, I am a Konoha ninja."

"Doing the missions that need to be done, not forgetting to serve Konoha, is what every Konoha ninja must do, without exception."

'What do you think? How was it?! Did my words move your feelings?'

"So, Hokage-sama, I will definitely complete this task seriously and not embarrass Konoha."

Hiruzen looked at Funan, who had a serious look on his face, and then looked at the D-level mission he had accepted.

Sarutobi Hiruzen wanted to ask: "Can you even cover the travel expenses with the reward?"

Although we have competed openly, still, you don't have to be so careless.

After a moment of silence, he still said: "Funan, having a ninja like you in Konoha is a blessing to this village. I'm proud of you."

'Damn, you can keep acting like this, you're really good! Okay, let’s see who can’t hold on first!'

Funan stood at attention and roared: "I will serve the village!"

Sarutobi Hiruzen gritted his teeth, determined not to admit defeat, and seemed to want to say something else.

[Boom!]

A ninja broke through the door and rushed in.

"What's up?" Sarutobi Hiruzen's brows frowned instantly.

Can the ANBU people be so eager to make the Uchiha rebel?

He glanced at Funan without leaving any trace. Chakra had already begun to flow in his body, and he could launch powerful ninjutsu at any time.

Who knows, Funan also looked stunned and alert, and said: "What's going on? Hokage-sama is here. Could it be that Danzo is dead... Ahem, have other Shinobi Villages come to attack Konoha?"

Hearing Funan's comments, Hiruzen scolded him in his mind: 'What the hell! I understand what you mean. You dream about Danzo and me being dead.'

The Third Hokage had no expression on his face. He looked at the ANBU and said: "What's going on?"

The ANBU came to the Hokage, leaned over and whispered a few words in his ear. In an instant, the Third Hokage's body trembled.

Funan looked at it with a question mark on his head. 'What's going on? The Hokage seems to be very angry! Have you encountered anything unhappy? Hurry up and say it to make me happy.'

---

I will post some extra Chapters in Patreon, you can check it out. >> patreon.com/TitoVillar

---

29