Chapter 43: Mangekyo Showdown
591 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After simply packing a few things, Funan was ready to leave the village.

At the entrance of the village, Yashiro stopped him again: "Nara Shikaku wants to see you."

"I won't see anyone." Funan refused without even thinking and said: “Just tell him I already left, and we’ll talk about it when I get back.”

'I'm about to leave the village, why would I want to see you? What are you thinking? Do you want everyone in the village to see that the Uchiha clan is connected to you?'

"Yes!" Yashiro left in an instant.

Just as Funan was about to leave the village, another person appeared.

Danzo! He was leaning on a cane and looking at Funan with cold eyes. A cold and gloomy atmosphere hung in the air.

Funan narrowed his eyes and said with a smile: "Hey, isn't this Danzo? I heard that you have been very unhappy recently?"

“Asshole!” A Root member who was beside Danzo became furious and exclaimed: "How dare you disrespect Elder Danzo?"

"Elder Danzo?" Funan touched his chin and said: "I remember that the Hokage already removed Danzo from all his positions, right? This 'Elder', where did he come from?"

"At least, can you hold that title in front of me, the head of the Konoha Police Force? What do you think, young Danzo?"

"You…"

“Okay, step back!” Danzo’s hoarse voice sounded. He looked at Funan and sneered: "You are so courageous that you dare to leave the village at this time."

Funan chuckled and said: "My guts are bigger than you imagine. If you plan to do something, you should hurry up, young Danzo. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. The Third Hokage would never do it."

After saying that, he turned and left.

Looking at his back, Danzo's eyes were cold, and his body was trembling slightly. Funan’s words hurt his heart. That was something he didn't want to remember in his whole life.

Until he disappeared, Danzo said in a low voice: "Act as planned!"

"Yeah". A Root member glared at Funan's back and nodded vigorously.

As Funan walked forward, he had a strange smile on his lips. "Danzo, Danzo, don't let me down."

Both sides have made their plans clear, and it’s just a matter of head-on confrontation.

At this moment, a hand suddenly stretched out from the void and slowly reached towards Funan's back.

Funan didn't seem to notice and kept moving forward. Hand touched Funan’s back.

“It’s done!” The owner of the hand felt happy, and the next moment, a dangerous aura rushed towards his face.

[Boom!]

Huge explosion swept across.

“Uchiha Funan!” A roar rang out as Obito emerged battered from the explosion, his three tomoe spinning in his eye.

"Do you need something from me?" A deep voice echoed behind Obito.

"Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique!"

The bloody fire ball surrounded Obito, but Funan frowned imperceptibly, stepped back quickly with force on his feet.

As if he had traveled through the void, Obito stepped out of the flames and looked at Funan coldly.

"Did you know I'd be waiting for you here?"

"I didn't know." Funan spread his hands and said: "But I know that when I leave the village this time, I am destined not to be at peace. Therefore, I have prepared many gifts for those who will come after me."

Thinking of the shadow clone and the detonating talisman just now, Obito's lungs almost exploded with anger.

The other party grasped the timing very well, it was exactly the moment when he relaxed. He was almost blown to pieces by the dozens of detonating talismans. This is not like the Sharingan at all, but more like... a Mangekyo!

Obito's pupil shrank, he quickly calmed down and looked at Funan with his one eye.

At this time, Funan was no longer using the Three Tomoe Sharingan; He had changed to the Mangekyo!

Obito narrowed his eye and looked at Funan, as he spoke in his gloomy voice. "Mangekyo? Have you been using the Mangekyo Sharingan this whole time?"

"What's wrong? Isn't it okay?" Funan said playfully. "You dodged my flames and explosives using a strange technique. Isn't it all thanks to the power of the Mangekyo?"

"Hmph!" Obito snorted coldly and stopped talking to avoid leaking his own information.

He took out two chains and stuck them on his left and right wrists respectively: "Uchiha Funan, I will give you a chance to surrender to me!"

Funan sneered: "An Uchiha with only one eye and you already think you're amazing!"

Obito rushed towards Funan fiercely.

Funan waved his hand, a Kunai flew out and continued to approach Obito.

Obito's body became hollow, letting the kunai pass through his head. He just stretched out his hand and grabbed Funan.

Facing the oncoming Obito, a ball of blood flames spurted out from Funan's mouth and passed through Obito's body again.

His hand also passed through Funan's body.

The bodies of the two people cross each other.

The chains behind Obito were wrapped around Funan.

Funan just took a look and spat out a flame of blood, causing the chains to melt.

Looking at the melted chains, Obito frowned slightly: "Blood flames? Is this a bloodline?" In addition to the Sharingan, Uchiha has given birth to other kekkei genkai? The already powerful clan is really going to become a clan of monsters.

Funan laughed triumphantly, hands on his hips. "You have envy?"

"Envy, what would I be envious of?" Obito sneered and said: "Funan, why do you only use Fire Release? Could it be that you focus on Fire Release and don't know any other ninjutsu?" He narrowed his eyes. This possibility was not non-existent.

Funan has been famous for a long time, but no one has seen him use other ninjutsu.

Funan sneered disdainfully and said: "To deal with you, Fire Release is more than enough. Also, do you mind that I only use Fire Release?"

"Do you have what it takes to show me a powerful Fire Release? Stop always relying on the Mangekyo, who doesn't have something like that?"

Obito wearing a mask: "..."

Funan sighed and said: "It's not wrong to say that you are a traitor of the Uchiha clan. The Uchiha are the best at Fire Release. You don't know how to do it at all."

"Don't be dissatisfied. Just blow a flame and show it to me. Come on, show it to me."

Obito took a deep breath, Funan's expression was really annoying. He had the urge to crush the mask and hit him with a Fire Release. 'Let me show you if I can't use Fire Release!'

"Um?" Obito was startled and hurriedly suppressed his impulse. With chakra flowing violently in his body, he stared at Funan and shouted: "What did you do to me? Genjutsu?"

Funan looked confused: "What?"

"So that's it." Obito's eyes were no longer the three tomoe, but the shape of the Mangekyo. "Uchiha Funan, is this your Mangekyo technique? In fact, you can influence me with mental suggestions."

If it weren't for the power of Hashirama's cells in his body, perhaps he could have been influenced at this moment.

"You think so much!" Funan smiled slightly and asked curiously: "To go through objects? Is that your Mangekyo's technique? And by the way, why do you always wear a mask? Do you have any strange preferences, like throwing fire in your face while using Fire Release?"

Fire Release, Fire Release, Fire Release again!

The Mangekyo in Obito's eyes began to rotate rapidly, and finally, in the distorted space, countless shuriken were shot towards Funan.

Funan's figure moved back and forth, avoiding all attacks.

In the next instant, Obito's body appeared behind Funan, reaching out to catch him.

"Hmm?" Funan's face changed slightly, a kunai appeared in his hand, and he waved his hand towards Obito's head.

Obito's hand reached through Funan's arm, turning deftly to grab Funan's hand. “I caught you, I win!”

Obito hasn't had time to be happy yet. Funan stared at him, the Mangekyo in his eyes starting to spin slightly. Obito's body suddenly stiffened.

[Bang!]

Funan hit Obito's abdomen hard with a punch.

"Ugh!" Obito opened his eyes in surprise.

"I'm not the Fourth Hokage. We're both Mangekyo users, who do you underestimate?" Funan's light voice sounded in Obito's ears. He formed a seal with one hand, and a large amount of chakra began to gather.

It’s Fire Release again!

…It’s too late to activate the Kamui! Obito looked frightened and angry, he felt the threat of death.

Just when Funan was about to launch a fatal blow, trees blocked him.

“Wood Release?” Funan's expression moved slightly, and he backed away like lightning.

Obito gritted his teeth and looked at Funan coldly: "You're not surprised by my Wood Release. Damn, do you know me that well?"

Even thinking about the battle just now, his heart suddenly sank.

"Arguably." Funan smiled and said: "On the night of the Nine-Tails attack, I was a spectator and saw several interesting performances."

'Oh I see.' Obito’s heart sank. No wonder the other party would say that he is not the Fourth Hokage. If Funan saw the whole battle between him and the Fourth Hokage, the other party should be quite familiar with his abilities.

"Why?"

"What?"

Obito said in a deep voice: "Since you were present at the time, why didn't you save the Fourth Hokage? With your strength, if you had taken action at that time, the Fourth Hokage might not have died."

"The way you say it..." Funan shook his head and said with a smile: "It seems that I am to blame for the death of the Fourth Hokage."

"Don't forget that the Third Hokage didn't take action, Danzo didn't intervene either."

"No one should find me, I am an Uchiha, an Uchiha who was ordered by the Hokage not to leave the clan. If I appear there, what would that mean?"

“Perhaps, I will be regarded as your companion and be besieged.”

"Or maybe you could say that I controlled the Nine-Tails. At that time, I couldn't even explain what was happening clearly."

“After all, Konoha’s top management is very experienced in this area.”

A name appeared in Obito's mind. Konoha White Fang: Hatake Sakumo! That ninja who, because of his companions, abandoned the mission. Funan gave up his companions for the sake of the mission. Both were scorned by the village.

No matter what they do, it will always be wrong. From another point of view, those with power can bend the truth.

The Fourth Hokage only had initial control of the power at that time, and the power was still in the hands of Sarutobi Hiruzen and others.

If Hiruzen and the others were determined to kill Funan, would the Fourth Hokage have risked stopping them? This is really a big question mark. After all, the Fourth Hokage also had his concerns, and his relationship with Funan was not so friendly.

On the eve of the victory of the Third Shinobi World War, Funan was knocked off the altar and became the object of everyone's disgust, which is enough to show the ill will of Konoha's senior officials towards him.

“After the Third Ninja War, I became the object of disgust to everyone in the village.”

Funan smiled and said: "At that time, Namikaze Minato didn't take action. At that time, he was already designated as the Fourth Hokage."

"It's impossible for him to not understand my affairs. Regardless of whether he had the power to decide or not, at least he didn't speak for me."

"As the heir of the Will of Fire, can he watch me be slandered and attacked? Then why can't I watch him die?"

Namikaze Minato had no great prejudices against the Uchiha. After taking over as Hokage, he even eased tensions between the Uchiha clan and the village.

However, the other party will not pay too much for Uchiha. He just chose to do what a Hokage should do.

Funan understood that logic. So there is also no reason to blame him for not intervening and rescuing him.

This is all mutual, and the relationship between Funan and Namikaze Minato wasn't that close either. Although the two had collaborated many times during the Third Shinobi World War.

If Namikaze Minato had spoken up for him when he was defamed, would he have gotten involved in the Night of the Nine-Tails attack? It is not known! There is no need to speculate about events that did not happen.

“Hahaha!” Obito laughed out loud suddenly. He seemed very happy, as if he had thought of something, and seemed to understand something.

Funan looked at him with a smile, but his fingers trembled slightly. He just said so much, mainly because he felt that Obito was actually unhappy.

'That's outrageous! You killed Namikaze Minato and his wife with your bare hands and now he's resentful?'

Obito's laughter stopped instantly, and he stared at Funan with a wary look on his face, saying: "Uchiha Funan, you are indeed very interesting, do you want to join me..."

"Ok!" Before Obito finished speaking, Funan interrupted him.

---

I will post some extra Chapters in Patreon, you can check it out. >> patreon.com/TitoVillar

---

30