Chapter 73: Funan’s Devious Designs
432 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hearing Funan's words, Kakashi fell silent. His breathing became labored, sweat did not stop running down his forehead.

Funan stared at Kakashi, smiled slightly, and said: "Looking at your expression, you have actually doubted this, right?"

"Yes!" Kakashi's voice was low and a little hoarse. "When Danzo smeared my father, the Hokage should have taken action to stop it. Others didn't know, how could the Hokage not know my father's temperament, but he didn't take action. This cannot be explained by a mistake."

"That's right!" Funan said with a smile. "Hatake Sakumo was originally the ANBU commander of Sarutobi Hiruzen. They are very close, and they understand each other."

Kakashi's eyes became cold again. "What do you want to say?"

"Don't you understand?" Funan was still smiling, but the words he spoke were extremely cold. “Two people who understand each other, there’s so much they can do.”

"As you just said, Sarutobi Hiruzen knew your father's temperament. Therefore, when Danzo was smearing him, he chose to stand by and wait for the news of your father's death."

"Your father also knows Sarutobi Hiruzen. When he was at home waiting for the Hokage to take action to help him calm public opinion, he found that the other party did not move. So, he knew that he needed to die."

"If he doesn't die, the Hokage will take action himself. At that time, maybe, Kakashi, you will die too!"

Kakashi's expression turned ferocious and violent in an instant.

Looking at the gloomy Kakashi, Funan said: "You may think I'm trying to sow discord, but many of the rumors circulating right now are my direct attempts to question the Hokage."

"Enough, I just want to know how you plan to treat me? Are you going to kill me or are you going to let me go?" Kakashi thought that Funan would probably let him go. The other party's purpose has been achieved. No matter how unwilling he is, he is destined to walk on the path Funan has chosen for him. He would never side with the Hokage.

Funan shook his head and said: "You wanted to kill me just now. If I let you go now, it would be too embarrassing for me. So, I'm sorry for having to put you through this."

"What do you mean...ugh!" Kakashi's eyes widened, and a bad feeling came over him. Just as he was about to speak, Funan had already knocked him out with a slap.

"Let's go. Let's go to the Uchiha clan." Funan looked at Kakashi's Sharingan and smiled slightly.

Suddenly, Funan turned his head sharply and threw a few shuriken to the side.

With a muffled groan, a man rushed out of the darkness with a shuriken on his shoulder.

"Hey, isn't this Gekko Hayate? Old classmate, long time no see." Funan threw the shuriken in his hand and smiled playfully. Today was a good day, Funan thought. The two people he wanted to find both appeared in front of him.

"Uchiha Funan! Where is Uzuki Yugao? Ahem!" Hayate stared at Funan with a solemn expression, coughing from time to time.

Funan ignored Hayate and asked: "Hayate, are you coming with me yourself, or should I invite you back? For the sake of my old classmates, I advise you to take the initiative."

"I have no choice but to fight you." Hayate glanced at Kakashi who was caught by Funan, slowly pulled out the katana behind him, and stared at Funan coldly.

[Bang!]

A shoe hit him on the back of the head. Hayate's vision went dark, and he fell to the ground.

Funan put on his shoes nonchalantly and murmured: "What are you trying to pretend? You're just a chunin. What gives you the courage to show me your teeth and claws?"

"Tsk, tsk, you are so different from Yugao. I remember Yugao is one year younger than us, but he is stronger than you." Funan shook his head repeatedly, held Hayate's foot in one hand, and left here in a flash.

After a while, ANBU members arrived.

Looking at the obvious traces of battle, the expressions under their masks changed constantly.

Kakashi opened his eyes and didn't know how much time passed. He was a little confused, and suddenly woke up when he saw Funan smiling in front of him. "Uchiha Funan, what did you do to me?"

Kakashi looked alert. After getting up from the bed, he stepped back and distanced himself. He looked around. It was a dark room.

The sound of pedestrians walking around could still be faintly heard outside.

Funan shrugged. "You can leave!"

Kakashi looked at him suspiciously. His body had clear signs of having been injured and healed, but other than that, it seemed like nothing else had happened. However, Kakashi didn't believe it!

Funan turned and left the room.

Kakashi checked his body again, then pulled down his forehead protector to block the Sharingan and left with a suspicious look on his face.

When Kakashi left, the whole room changed drastically. It was as if reality cracked. The room seemed to get darker. The sound of pedestrians walking disappeared. On one wall stood a collection of Sharingan inside glass jars.

Funan appeared quietly. He touched his chin and looked at Kakashi's leaving figure. A glass vessel appeared in his hand, and there was also a Sharingan in it.

"Obito, if you knew that the Sharingan you placed on Kakashi's body would be in my hands, what would your expression be like?"

"Well, I won't let you know."

"When you need that eye and take it from Kakashi, I hope to see your reaction at that time."

"You've attacked me twice, so I'm giving you one more chance." Funan took out the scroll, sealed the Sharingan, hid it in a safe place, and then walked into the secret room nearby.

"Uchiha Funan, what on earth are you going to do?" A scream sounded.

Funan looked up, his pupils having turned into the Mangekyo Sharingan.

In front of him, Yugao looked at him with fury and contempt.

Funan looked at her with his Mangekyo before smiling. "You know what? You no longer have the intention to kill me. This is a good start."

Yugao's face changed slightly. She also discovered this. When she was just captured, she thought about killing Funan and escaping from here all the time. Over time, this thinking has begun to change. She didn't know why, but she just felt that Funan was no longer so hateful. This change frightened her, but she felt it was natural.

Funan walked towards Yugao. As he got closer, she backed away unconsciously. Soon, her back hit the wall.

Funan gave her a wall-dong.

"You... What do you want to do?" Yugao was startled.

"Haha!" Funan smiled, stretched out a finger, gently lifted Yugao's chin and said: "Yugao, can you tell me why you are in the Root? I have verified that you do not have the Cursed Tongue Eradication Seal."

"No!" Yugao said without hesitation. "I will never betray Hokage-sama."

"Hokage-sama..." Funan pondered. "Then you don't work for Danzo..."

Yugao pursed her lips without saying another word.

"It doesn't matter." Funan chuckled and said to Yugao, “I think you will definitely tell me something next time. 'Under these eyes, under my eyes, you will eventually become mine.' Funan strode out of the secret room.

"Minister!" Two Uchiha came over and asked: "What should we do with Gekko Hayate?"

"What to do with him?" Funan thought for a moment. He caught him only because of his swordsmanship. Now that Funan had learned that skill, Hayate was no longer useful.

Kakashi...

Yugao...

Hayate…

After handling the affairs of these three people, Funan finally remembered that there was still a Jonin meeting waiting for him.

"Not in a hurry!" Funan looked relaxed. Important people always come last.

At this time, Hiruzen was very angry. He had already announced the upcoming Jonin meeting, what were the Uchiha doing?

Jonin meetings are generally not held unless there is something very important.

Konoha spread the news of the upcoming Jonin meeting several days in advance.

All Jonin rushed to attend the meeting.

Unexpectedly, the Uchiha trio arrived casually, and they sat down in front of the Konoha Corrupt Quartet.

They recognized that the Uchiha clan had the advantage recently and that the Hokage faction was slightly weakened. But...

Where is the leader of the Uchiha clan?

Making everyone wait not only disgraces all the Jonin present, but also disgraces Hiruzen.

Hiruzen had a grim expression, he was furious. The powerful aura from him caused many Jonin to murmur. "It seems like he doesn't have many years left..." They looked at Jiraiya with pity in their eyes.

They heard that everyone who wants to become Hokage will die. Take care, Jiraiya-sama.

Then, they looked at the Uchiha.

Although Uchiha Fugaku is here, they all know that the person in charge of the Uchiha clan now is not Uchiha Fugaku, but Uchiha Funan.

---

I will post some extra Chapters in Patreon, you can check it out. >> patreon.com/TitoVillar

---

25