Chapter 5: Seizing Power
590 0 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why? Yashiro!" Uchiha Fugaku looked puzzled, even a little confused.

 

First it was Tetsuhi and Komehi, and now even Yashiro...

 

These people were once regarded as his confidants, his right-hands.

 

Is he such a failure? One by one they all left him.

 

Uchiha Yashiro secretly smiled bitterly. He must stand up. He knew Fūnan was dissatisfied with Fugaku. If he didn't intervene soon, the leader of the Uchiha clan would be in trouble.

 

Uchiha Yashiro did not answer Fugaku. He stood up and said directly: "I, Uchiha Yashiro, am the Jōnin of the Uchiha clan and one of the four captains of the Konoha Military Police Force. I have held this position for more than ten years. I have noticed a major deficiency in the current Police Force.”

 

None of the Uchiha present spoke but looked at Yashiro silently. Waiting for his next step.

 

Uchiha Yashiro continued: "Let's not mention some minor problems for now. The most important point is that with the development of Konoha, the strength of the Police Force is obviously insufficient. Many areas are lacking personnel and management is chaotic. Therefore, I suggest that we expand the four divisions of the Police Force to eight.”

 

Uchiha Setsuna, Uchiha Soji and Uchiha Fugaku's expressions all changed.

 

The atmosphere became tense instantly. Expand the power of the Uchiha clan? And it is directly doubled? At this critical moment? Are you crazy?

 

At least Sarutobi Hiruzen and other high-level village officials will go crazy.

 

Fugaku looked angry, looked at Fūnan coldly, and asked: "Uchiha Fūnan, what exactly do you want to do?"

 

Fūnan said innocently: "What do you mean what am I trying to do? What have I done?"

 

"Stop talking nonsense!" Fugaku shouted: "Don't you know the current situation of Uchiha? You actually want to expand the armed forces?"

 

Uchiha has been targeted by the village. At this time, he actually wants to expand the strength of the Police Force? Is this an attempt to directly ignite the war between the village and Uchiha?

 

"Chief Fugaku, I, Uchiha Fūnan, as a member who loves Konoha Village, I wholeheartedly serve the village!" Fūnan looked aggrieved.

 

'To hell!' The same sentence appeared in the hearts of many Uchiha. Especially Fugaku, Setsuna and Soji.

 

The fierce gleam in Fugaku's eyes became even stronger. He is the famous Wicked Eye Fugaku. He is also a ruthless character on the battlefield. At this moment, his anger became more ferocious. Fūnan can't help but shrink his neck, looking pitiful and very scared.

 

"Ahem!" Uchiha Soji, the representative of the Dove Faction, coughed dryly and said: "Fūnan, this is a clan meeting, be serious!"

 

Do you really think anyone will believe you after all the things you've done? Do you think we don’t know how many times you and Danzō have fought overtly and covertly?

 

Fūnan blinked and said: "That's not right. Why are you all looking at me? It's not my suggestion. This is obviously the Yashiro brother's suggestion. Talk to him!"

 

Yashiro also cursed Fūnan in his mind and, said despite the many strange looks: "Everyone, my proposal is entirely based on overall considerations. Uchiha shoulders important responsibilities and maintains the security of the village. Now it is no longer possible to fulfill it. The dignity of the Uchiha name does not allow me to evade my responsibilities."

 

"That's enough!" Fugaku said coldly: "I will report this matter to Hokage-sama and increase some manpower appropriately."

 

A flash of anger flashed in Setsuna's eyes. Reporting to the Hokage again. When did you, Fugaku, become the Hokage's dog?

 

Always informing the Hokage about matters that concern the Uchiha clan itself, does he still remember that he is the leader of the Uchiha clan?

 

Immediately, Uchiha Setsuna, who was furious when he heard the word 'Hokage', said calmly: "I think what Yashiro said is very reasonable. Konoha is developing and the population is increasing. How can the Police Force remain in the same state as it was decades ago? I am in favor of increasing personnel and the number of divisions.”

 

Uchiha Soji smiled bitterly. 'This was going to be a problem.'

 

Once Uchiha Setsuna spoke, the nature of the situation changed completely. He is a representative of the hawks and an elder of Uchiha. His status is completely different. Furthermore, his identity is too sensitive.

 

Sure enough.

 

Fugaku's anger subdued, and he regained his composure, saying: "Elder Setsuna, do you agree?"

 

His words were calm, but there was a chill that seemed to freeze the soul.

 

A huge pressure hit Uchiha Setsuna. His complexion changed slightly in an instant. He has a lot of dissatisfaction with Fugaku, but he still quite recognizes his strength. He is definitely one of the strongest men in Konoha.

 

"Hehe..."

 

A chuckle rang out, and a stronger pressure appeared, pushing back Fugaku's pressure.

 

It was Uchiha Fūnan!

 

His gaze was hostile as he looked at Fugaku. 'Who are you? How dare you bully my old man?'

 

"Cough, cough..."

 

Uchiha Yashiro smiled bitterly and interjected: "Clan Leader, my proposal not only includes the addition of four divisions, but also the appointment of corresponding division leaders. Furthermore, it is also better to appoint a Deputy Minister of the Police Force who can also serve as the deputy head of the Uchiha clan to help the leader with his concerns and can resolve the chaos in management.”

 

Silence.

 

The room became completely silent.

 

Many people looked at Yashiro blankly, and then at Fūnan.

 

Damn it, isn't this getting out of hand? Deputy Minister and Deputy Clan Leader? Oh, be a good boy! Are you trying to usurp the throne?!

 

Most people’s mouths are so wide open that they can’t even speak.

 

"Haha!" Fugaku sneered after a period of silence: "Uchiha Fūnan, is this your purpose?"

 

Just when he thought that Fūnan would shirk again and kick the ball to Yashiro's head.

 

Fūnan said lazily: "That's right!"

 

"You……"

 

"However, no one can decide on such a big matter. How about we all vote by a show of hands? What do the Uchiha Jōnin present here think about Yashiro's proposal and do they think that I, Uchiha Fūnan, am suitable to be the deputy leader of the Uchiha clan?"

 

"If the majority of the Uchiha agree, then I will be the deputy leader. If you don't agree, consider me a joke."

 

At that moment, Fūnan was like a sharp sword, showing its edge.

 

Before Fugaku could refuse, brothers Tetsuhi and Komehi raised their hands first. Immediately afterwards, Yashiro raised his hand.

 

Fugaku sneered, and just as he was about to speak, several more people raised their hands.

 

In the blink of an eye, the number of people raising their hands actually exceeded ten. A total of eleven people!

 

Uchiha Fugaku was shocked.

 

Setsuna was stunned for a moment.

 

Uchiha Soji was shocked.

 

How was it possible?

 

There were only twenty-five Uchiha present, and eleven agreed to Fūnan becoming deputy clan leader. Is it close to half?

 

It can be said that except for the die-hard subordinates standing behind them, almost all other Uchiha agree with Fūnan.

 

Don’t forget, Fugaku, Setsuna, Soji and Fūnan, these four people can’t raise their hands.

 

Excluding the four of them, more than half of the Uchiha Jōnin present agreed with Fūnan!

 

Uchiha Setsuna was about to raise his hands with the hawks, but he was stunned in place.

 

Uchiha Soji preferred not to raise his hands but wanted to arrange for a few people to raise their hands to save Fūnan some face. After all, he was an outstanding junior in the family.

 

Okay now, the number of people is already over half.

 

 …It’s better not to raise your hand, to save some face for Fugaku.

 

But, this little brat Fūnan actually got so many people’s approval?

 

He is too...

 

Uchiha Soji looked at Fūnan in shock.

 

Fūnan chuckled and winked at him mischievously.

 

Uchiha Soji: "...You deserve a beating!"

33