Parents (79)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon was shining down blissfully. The ground was soaking in shadows. Trees, foliage, and clouds giving refugee to the night.

At a time when noise was at its lowest. Panting could be heard. Soon followed by staggered steps. No pattern could be felt as horror and panic set the pace.

A man at the front, a woman following behind. She was slower than the man. Even still, this didn't stop the man from turning around. 

Whispering and shouting, attempting to keep quiet as he needed to speak loud enough to hear, "Hurry up, or they will catch us!"

No reply came. The woman continued to run as breath after breath squeezed out her lungs. Her hair was clumping onto her face, sweat rolling down cause everything to stick.

Fear and panic started to overtake the once beautiful glint that shone in her eyes. The once gentle gaze she had used could no longer be seen. Now, looking at the man was hidden hatred and vexation.

Snapping and stomping. Once upon a time, it was so quiet. The only sound that could be heard was soft cries of insects and the wind. As if playing a cruel joke, the lady of the night switched everything around.

Nature was quiet. Panting and thumping of her heart was beating in her ear. Akin to a standing ovation for what lay behind them. For the night had silenced, and the creatures took over.

Howling could be heard behind her as her face drained of blood. A curse lingered on her tongue, if not for it slowing her down. She would have started spewing, every one she knew.

Looking back, she allowed her to see. That if the man turned around, she would be but a shadow. She wishes she could ask what shadows were stirring behind her. 

Not knowing was sometimes worse. However, she knew what was behind her. With a last glance at her chest, she tossed the bundle, the very thing that had been slowing her down.

Instantly, without the dead weight, her speed nearly doubled. With but a single pause, the crying didn't stop her for long. With her face down, her expression could not be seen.

As the bundle continued to wail. A few shadows broke off. Sniffing around, were three beastly shadows. Each five foot tall monstrosities. 

As the moon broke through the clouds. Blue coats with white sections of fur could be seen. As tall as they were long. It was difficult to imagine. Normal wolves were never this large.

Sharp teeth could be seen between opening maws. The bundle's eyes peeked through. It wasn't their appearance that spooked it. Instead, was the bloodlust and killing intent. Having been jolted when thrown, crying ever since.

Circling the bundle, the wolves closed in. When they moved but a foot away. An aura stopped them in their tracks. These wolves were special. They didn't have a pack leader.

These weren’t normal wolves. They were blue wolves from the Blue Wolf tribe. An aura of mana locked them in place. Not daring to breathe, the three lay down as flat as they could.

"Beat it." A cold voice could be heard. It was very cold. In fact, it didn't have any indication of a male or female speaker. Didn't even sound like a living being.

Soon, playing in front of the voice was a comical sight. Three large wolves, laying flat, soon started to try and scatter as they began to trip on themselves as they ran as fast as possible.

A giant shadow hidden in the dark watched without a single emotion. After speaking, everything became quiet. Dark grayish blue eyes had once glowed in the dark. 

Having appeared waist height. Lids fell, once opened they appeared far higher. A woman in fur strode out of the shadows. A wind blew at the bundle.

A baby could be seen inside. One looked up as another looked down. A soft laugh escaped one's lips as a frown appeared on the others.

In the dark of night, the moon had lost its luster. A coldness seeped out of the ground. A man was east while a woman ran west. Behind both were shifting shadows that seemed to glide across the ground. No matter how fast the two ran, it appeared a person could never outrun a shadow.

The cold seeped in, slowing both people down. Finally, this foul play came to an end. The shadows nipped at the heels. As the two tripped at different times. Possibly coming to understand exactly what she just did. While the man lay motionless, she continued to punch and kick.

Silence eventually overtook them both. As representatives of both parties came before a third party. A man with dark skin and a wolf coat hung on his head. His face hidden by the extremely vivid depiction of a wolf. Half-man, half-wolf, only once the figure spoke it became easier to see, this being was humanoid being with a mask.

Seeing both representatives shake their head. It was unknown what the figure thought. A man’s voice spoke beneath the mask, “Find it.”

The surrounding air turned gloomy as the moon came out as light spilled on his surroundings. Soon a second figure could once again be seen. A woman in fur was moving through the forest, she stopped just shy.

With a mask at its center. A magic circle sprawled out around him. Ice and frost layered the ground, as underneath the man was steam as the warm night air started to defrost the ground.

As blueish gray eyes met pure blue. A lingering silence followed. The first one to break the silence was the masked man, “Sister, what are you carrying?”

“A child. Their child, they abandoned it.” Her voice had become softer, while cold, it wasn’t nearly as frosty as before.

Seeing the look in the eyes, she couldn’t help but speak once more, “The sin’s of the father aren’t those of the son… Or do you think otherwise?” What was once softer and with a hint of warmth turned cold and icy once more.

Not waiting long, a reply quickly came, “Haha… Sister, surely you’re joking. How could I be guilty of doing that?” His once cold eyes turned warmer as he laughed awkwardly.

0