Grade B (81)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking a total of three months. Traveling neither fast nor slow. Average of fast walking pace, during ten hours a day. That was how long it took them to reach the periphery.

She knew the continent was large. Unlike this, Jessica was used to traveling east or west. While often camping, it was a personal choice. 

Having the option, even though she often found herself turning it down. That was the life. Perfectly adapting her and Saleh into a unit. Only after this amount of time were the pieces coming together.

Finally, a large number of pieces were finally conjoined to allow her to notice. Horrify, to say the least. While oddly comforting.

While having your behavior modified in such a way that you didn't even notice was scary. Knowing such a person was not doing anything negative, essentially being on your side was something else.

If only she could ask him for help. He had shown a caring side to her. Having taken a shine to her ways of helping Saleh. It wasn’t like she didn’t benefit, so she was given no avenue to seek aid.

Odd as it were. The entire journey, Everblood had been walking by their side silently. Coming and going like a ghost.

Now, he never left their side. Jessica was given a rude awakening as to why this was. She didn’t truly understand the caliber of Mercury City. That very quickly changed, though.

On average, a person would need to see a hundred thousand people. In that sea, a single individual of Grade B or higher might be there. 

In popular cities, it was said that out of every ten thousand. Each person only being counted once. You might come across a Grade B or higher. 

That wasn't to say they were more common. Even if you had seen them, you would never know. 

In large popular cities, those that do a lot of the work are average Grade C. Only popular cities don't just house the powerful. It is called home by a large assortment of other individuals.

This means there are numerous criminals. Regardless of the grade of the criminal. Sometimes, the crime is often not something you want the public to know.

From something that dirties the image. To something small that throws dirt, while other times it is serious. Crimes that could threaten the public safety.

If every single incident was released to the public, there would be mass panic. Cities would fail to exist if every time a suspected incident was reported to the populace. Not only would catching those responsible be hard, even stopping it in that panic. Would become a large question of if they could.

For this very reason. Grade B and above, generally Grade B, handle such cases. It is an unfortunate fact. The two correlate together, causing many headaches for cities, Mercury City was a very famous city. In terms of size, that was rarely spoken of. Though from the stories, Jessica knew it was large.

Mercury City had the same issues as other cities. From what she had been told about the city, there it was worse.

Nobody dared do anything unthinkable. Instead, laws were lax. Strong held power, weak bowed, or were forced to leave. 

The first time, she realized he stayed by their side. A man in a dark robe appeared at some unknown time. 

Having been moving in from the side, they hadn’t noticed him until it was too late. Once known, his presence was unforgettable. 

Very air around them felt like it was trembling. The very mana in the air felt compressed as air turned solid. 

Neither Saleh nor Jessica had any problems dealing with the pressure. It was simply scary. Soon, Everblood was noticed. 

With a bit of hesitation, he kept moving. Nobody said a thing the entire time. As they became close, the number of these situations increased.

None attacked them. Still, a large number didn't hide their mana. Saleh didn't seem to realize the sheer oddity.

If the normal, one in ten thousand to one and a hundred thousand was normal. You wouldn't even notice them. It just wasn't possible.

If a Grade B let their mana radiate naturally in a city with non-graded beings. There would be mass panic and most likely possibly casualties.

Now, even from afar. Every thirty or so people and groups. There was a Grade B. Jessica wasn't able to understand the difference above Grade B.

From that stage on. Each one was more terror inducing than the last. Every situation she had been in seemed to pale next to just that first encounter.

Obviously, she had experienced worse. Only these people didn't go out of their way to target her. 

Looking over, she saw Saleh also had a bit of a pale expression. This was a feeling close to suppression. Making one feel feeble, even.

Everblood wasn’t walking around how he normally did. He was wearing a spotless white travel cloak. It was not a cheap one. This was a protective cloak. 

Just traveling near him allowed her to feel a powerful presence that felt like she was being pushed away.

There was a hood, covering his face was a red wood mask. Half the face was smiling. The other was crying. 

Once a simple theater mask. Now, it was a mask one could see anywhere. However, there was a restriction. Nobody dared wear a red one.

Only twelve, possibly thirteen people, wore this edition. The twelve elders of the Adventurer's Guild. They were basically celebrities, only when they adorn the red mask. They were on assignment.

Everything was fun and games. Adventure's Guild wasn't anything impressive back then. Sure, they were big. 

Creating a city in the middle of a forbidden zone was a nice trick. That was all everyone believed it to be. 

They didn't attempt to persuade anyone otherwise. Which was a big red flag.

Two powers were constantly at war. Even still, the Adventurer's Guild had existed. Mercury City had existed. Neither the goblin kingdom nor the human kingdom made a move.

How could either of these two powers not wish to hold the secret to this power. Only after that event did everyone understand what this meant.

That event, looking down at her hand, had to do with Izic. The sealing of the famous finished products. 

0