Minotaur (111)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking over at the second 3F, she was now in a hesitant position.

Young. Grade D, heavily injured. Traces left behind when a party killed its parents. Party wiped to the young minotaur after being weakened by parents. Injuries confirmed by reliable sources. Scar from stomach to ear. Hunts in a savanna in the middle of boundary one, east forbidden zone.

Minotaur was also a creature she had never faced before. The information given was that it was similar to a human body with a bull head. Aggressive in nature. Often less aggressive as a child, though easy agitated. Said to become more aggressive as it ages.

Mainly due to lack of food. As a baby, they are already Grade F, eating things like fruits and vegetables or any edible plants. From adolescence, they reach around Grade E. The growth in size requires them to start eating meat. As they start to reach adulthood, they break through into Grade D.

By this point, the starvation from their rapid growth almost always causes them to attack anything for food. A baby is only the size of a normal human child, while adolescence takes them from human child to late teens. Once they start becoming adults, their size is well over a human adult, often over seven foot tall.

Even after they reach Grade D they don’t go off on their own. Only once they reach the middle phase or late Grade D do they reach a stage they no longer get support from the mother. That would mean this creature still being with both parents should maybe be around Grade E.

With only information from a single book, it was hard to tell how accurate the information was. There was no mention of the father. However, there was talk about how the need for food cuts into the mother's supply. This causes conflicts as the starvation reaches its limits.

It is likely that the father with lack of pregnancy will either leave immediately or stay until their starvation forces them to seek out more food. Most likely leaving the area entirely to allow mother and child to use that area.

In the beginning, the book talked about how the child doesn’t eat meat, therefore the two’s diet doesn’t clash. That was to mean that from adolescence, if she was right, was a horrible period for both the mother and child. Slowly, as the appetite of the child grows, the mother is forced to either hold back or starve the child.

From the description of the book, most minotaurs live in the far north. Because of their insatiable hunger, they will never be in large number. If their numbers grow too high, they would start infighting due to food. Minotaurs themselves destroy ecosystems for this very reason.

Even if she didn’t kill the minotaur, the request would be answered. It was too dangerous to leave a minotaur so close to the city. For the time being, it simply wasn’t too high of a request.

This could already be seen. Not only did they send people after the parents. When the original party didn’t return, scouts were sent to determine the situation. Only, without enough information. The gap left most hesitant.

There was only one book of information. While being fairly detailed, it clearly wasn’t enough. Since they weren’t locale, it wasn’t surprising there was little information on them. Still, discrepancies between confirmed grade of the child and information left her uneasy.

Subjugation unlike other requests did have some benefits. Due to how dangerous, the reward didn’t need to be talked about. Minotaur request itself was one gold coin. The most interesting part was that there was no time limit.

Being unique to Mercury City, she wasn’t sure if it was normal. Each of the requests would take up anywhere from one day to three days of time. That was to say, regardless of how long it took, it would only count against one to three days. While the rewards were all over eighty silver each. Most well over a gold coin.

Finally coming to a decision, she accepted the request. Ultimately, the decision maker came with the free time allotted to the subjugation. On the road, they had talked a lot, while some of the requests were deemed as suicidal. Subjugation was the hardest requests, though they gave the best benefits.

Unlike anything else, all subjugation requests came with free time. That was to say that once taken, they were given time to stay in the city, while counting as part of the quest time.

From what she was told, this was generally to gather last minute information, but mainly to return and resupply or gather things needed for a second attempt. At the time, it was confusing why there were so many benefits. Or why they talked so negatively about subjugation while all sharing similar desire for the benefits.

Now, knowing she was adventuring into a forbidden zone, she could understand why there was no time limit. Free time also made a lot of sense. To not abuse the rules, while free time could be seen as an insane advantage, if someone procrastinated it could spell doom.

She had been warned at the desk, if she was found to be evading her duty, she would be held accountable. That was to say, if she used up all her free time, and was found sneaking into a city to the north or south. That would be considered evading her duty, even if she was trying to get supplies.

Finally leaving, she noticed it was starting to get dark. Sighing, she realized it might have been a bad idea to accept the request so soon. Though it did give her the option to evade the dinner. Though at the same time, Joe dropped a bombshell that caused her to give up that option.

Charles was going to be cooking. It made sense, that was the excuse to come in the first place. However, she had only had simple breakfast. What Charles was going to make now was a complete meal…

How could she say no to that. Even more so, now that she was about to enter a forbidden zone. There was very little information inside the library, she had no choice but to seek help from Saleh or Joe to see if there was anywhere she could get that information.

Staring at the closed door of the gray two-story building. She could smell a delicious scent, she wasn’t alone. A number of people were stopping while throwing side glances at the building. Nobody tried to enter, it appeared everyone knew this building was a place they couldn’t enter without risk offending someone they couldn’t afford to offend.

0