Beginning Trial Part 3
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shit. The cops are chasing me." Nathan said with nervousness in his tone. As the cops closed the distance on him, Nathan responded by speeding up. Skillfully, Nathan maneuvered around the traffic as he sped up.

I'm sorry that those guys had to die...but I don't want to go to prison!

"You're pretty good at driving even though you don't own a car, huh?" The developer teased.

"Just because I don't own a car doesn't mean I don't know how to drive. Anyways, I need to shake off these guys." Nathan decided as he suddenly changed routes. This sudden decision was enough to split up the police cars as three of them missed the turn due to the speed at which they were going. The rest were still right on his tail, however.

"That sorta worked," Nathan said as he looked through the side view mirror. However, his body suddenly received a hard jolt. The closest police car had driven into the back of his vehicle. "Damn! I'd be pissed if this was my vehicle...good thing it's not." Nathan said as he sped up even more. He followed up by taking numerous turns to get rid of the cops.

"AHH!!!!" Screams could be heard by many civilians as Nathan drove past them, nearly hitting some crossing as he passed through.

With every turn, he damaged many properties on the sidewalks due to not perfectly turning with the level of speed he was going. Just like the civilians, other drivers were also at risk. Even something as simple as taking turns or driving at a green light was difficult for them as Nathan came darting through, disregarding the road code. Side view, mirrors, and other car parts of motorists had been damaged by Nathan's reign of terror.

SHIT! SORRY!

"Lol, Nathan, you're racking up a ton of property destruction, huh?"

"DO YOU THINK I WANT TO CAUSE THIS!?"

The reckless driving that Nathan was doing wasn't in vain, however. The erratic turns he took seemed to prove effective as the cops were no longer chasing him.

"Sigh...Finally." Nathan sighed with relief as he had finally lost the police pursuing him. "Let's get back to finding my way to the place you told me about."

Nathan began to drive slower as he checked the GPS on the stolen cell phone. As he checked, he heard the sirens from before.

"What! How are they here already!?" Nathan said as he checked the side mirror to see that the cops were in pursuit of him again.

"Look up." The developer suggested.

"Huh?" Nathan uttered with confusion. Even before looking, he could hear thrumming sounds overhead. He looked up at the sky through the tilted side-view mirror, and immediately, the reason the cops found him so quickly was made clear to him. What he saw was a blue and white colored aerial vehicle, with 'POLICE' on the tail end.

"Oh my god...a police helicopter," Nathan said with frustration. "I'm starting to think you did this just to make this unnecessarily annoying for me!"

"Nah, I didn't." The developer replied.

"Now that stupid chopper is gonna communicate to the cops my every location," Nathan said as he started to speed up again.

"Yeah, now you must shake off that helicopter...I'm excited to see how you'll do that." The developer said.

I HATE THIS GUY SO MUCH! DOES HE HONESTLY THINK MY SUFFERING IS FUN!?

Nathan entered a residential area and was now going over 100 mph, resulting in a high-speed chase. He had once again resorted to making numerous turns, which may have worked temporarily, but the cops would always find him. Like a bloodhound, the police helicopter never lost him once because of that bird's eye view advantage.

"He's making his way to 304 Delta Avenue...now he's heading over to 45 West Street. Take the left turn so you can catch him up, and don't let him get away!" The pilot of the police helicopter kept exposing Nathan's routes to the police cars through a communication device on the helicopter.

"DAMMIT! I can't lose them because of that chopper!" Nathan shouted as he kept speeding up. However, straight up ahead, he saw cops parked on both sides of the road, setting spiked traps on the ground.

"Shit!"

Behind Nathan were cops still chasing him as well.

"Oh my, what are you gonna do now, Nate?" The developer asked.

AH, SCREW IT!

Without responding, Nathan sped up even more. Without any hesitation, he drove right over the spikes. This act severely tore his tires, but he kept going. The police cars behind him stopped before driving over the spiked traps.

"Damn...wait, he's headed for the highway is just up ahead." the pilot of the helicopter told his comrades. Quickly, the police cars took shortcuts to catch back up to Nathan.

"With those tires, they'll catch you on the highway, Nathan." The developer warned him, but Nathan ignored it as he was focused, filled with adrenaline to the point of it showing on his expression.

It took less than a minute for the police officers to catch up again. The entrance to the highway was less than 200 meters from Nathan.

"I really hope this works..."

Nathan opened the window of his car door and stuck his hand out. Suddenly, the furniture, light fixtures, and other equipment from the courtroom, began to materialize into existence.

"What the--" An officer pursuing Nathan was immediately cut off by a large desk rolling into his vehicle. This strange occurrence caused some other police officers to take a drastic turn to avoid the debris, only to crash into their partners. The large amount of equipment caused a blockage in the road.

Nathan could hear the sound of clapping in the car.

"Amazing! What quick thinking using the stuff you stored like that...I'm so glad I chose you for my game!" The developer said as he complimented Nathan.

"COULD YOU PLEASE, SHUT UP!" Nathan ordered, clearly having enough of the developer's sadistic personality.

Nathan sped up even more. He was going over 130 mph now. The rubber covering the rear tires had fully torn off, accompanied by a trail of sparks emitting from them.

"Uh, Nathan, it's kinda dangerous going that fast with those tires, ya know."

"THIS WHOLE TIME I'VE BEEN DOING SOMETHING DANGEROUS, CAUSE OF YOU!" Nathan yelled. "Sigh...I'm taking a pretty big risk, I know too, but if I don't, I'll never get away from them," Nathan responded. He saw several cars up ahead also using the highway. Nathan caught up and then slowed down a little to drive at similar speeds to the driver behind the rest.

"Oh my, what are you planning on doing now?" The developer asked. "I'm sure the police helicopter already communicated that you're on this highway, so cops probably are waiting for you on the other side."

"If this works, that won't be a problem." Nathan assured him. What came ahead was a tunnel. Nathan immediately drove faster than the one he was following and went straight into the tunnel.

"Damn, I lost sight of him because of a tunnel in the highway." The police pilot said. "I'll wait for him to come out of it."

The rubber had now fully torn off from all the wheels, causing sparks to appear from the front tires. When Nathan reached the middle of the tunnel, he decreased his speed significantly and waited for the guy he was following to enter the tunnel, which he did not too long after.

"What the...is that guy's wheels sparking?" The driver wondered. However, as he was about to drive past, Nathan suddenly turned his car and came in the way of the driver. "WHAT THE HELL!?" The driver shouted as he slammed the brakes. With a loud screech, he managed to stop just a few inches away from Nathan's vehicle.

"Please let this work..." Nathan pleaded.

Just as he said this, the door of the driver flew open. A man in a white tank top and blue jeans exited. With balled-up fists, the driver had stepped out and angrily marched up to Nathan's BMW.

"HEY! What the hell is wrong with you!" The man shouted.

"It worked," Nathan said before coming out of the BMW and confronting the man.

"What if you had damaged my ca--" Before the man could finish his sentence, Nathan delivered a punch directly to his solar plexus, causing him to reflexively bend forward, all while coughing hysterically. Remorselessly, Nathan followed up by smacking him across the head with the handgun he stole from Officer Dan, immediately knocking him out.

Hyperventilating from the rush of adrenaline, Nathan hopped into the man's vehicle, reversed to gain distance from his original vehicle, and drove past the unconscious man.

"Oh my god, Nathan." The developer's voice was audible again on this vehicle's radio. "No way you just did that."

"Please...just shut...up..."

He quickly exited the tunnel with the new car.

"I see a car coming out." The helicopter pilot began using the communications device. "Wait, it's not the white BMW...He might be stuck in the tunnel because his tires were sparking. He has no other option but to be caught now. I'll wait here to see if he tries to leave on foot."

Roughly half an hour later, the cops finally got up to the tunnel. They were expecting to find Nathan as the helicopter pilot had not given any communication that he had run on foot. However, the only thing they found was the damaged white BMW and the unconscious man lying on the ground.

"What...the hell?" A cop said with a look of confusion.

And just like that, Nathan was long gone.

"You don't know how excited I am, Nate." The developer said.

"Why are you excited?" Nathan asked with a monotonous tone.

"I'm so excited to have someone as smart and quick-thinking as you as one of my game characters!"

"What the hell is this goddamned game you're talking about?"

"Don't worry, I'll explain when you get there."

Ugh...sigh.

"Uh-huh...I'm tired." Nathan said.

"Don't worry, you're almost there. Oh, also, there will be five other game characters."
"I see...sigh."

Only 5 minutes later, Nathan had arrived at his destination. He parked the car and got out.

"Huh, a warehouse?" Nathan asked, looking surprised.

1