Chapter 50 – Fourth Year 13.
345 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 1800 Words.]
Third Person POV
Konoha, Year 35.
...

...

The final day of final exams at the Konoha Academy had arrived, and much had happened this year. The war had started, but the conflict was still brewing, with only small-scale attacks here and there. For Minato, this day marked the beginning of a challenging period. From now on, he could no longer afford the luxury of training, with the war ready to erupt at any moment and the likelihood of being called up with his colleagues.

The atmosphere in the academy was thick with anticipation and nervousness among the students. Professor Fuuma, with his stern posture and strict attitude, distributed the written exams. Each sheet of paper represented a new challenge, testing the children's knowledge year after year.

Minato, seated at his desk, received his exam calmly. He quickly scanned the questionnaire, covering a range of topics from combat strategies and the history of the ninja world to questions on shinobi ethics and chakra manipulation. He began answering the questions with surprising speed, as he had in previous years, and once again, he was the first to complete the exam. When the exams were graded and the scores announced, Minato achieved the highest mark.

Professor Fuuma couldn't help but express a rare smile of approval when announcing Minato's result. Minato was an exemplary student and a role model for the class, with many following his calm and focused style.

After the written exam, Professor Fuuma began the next phase: the practical demonstration of basic jutsus in the classroom. The same test they had taken at the end of last year, one by one, the students were called to the front of the room to demonstrate their competence in the basic jutsus of transformation, substitution, and clone.

When it was Minato's turn, he stood up with the same calm and confidence he had shown in the written exam. He demonstrated the same amount of chakra and mastery of the jutsus as last year, taking first place again, even surpassing Tsuna and Kushina, who had more chakra but not as much mastery of the techniques as Minato.

"Perfect score!" Fuuma nodded in satisfaction.

Minato nodded and left the room for lunch with his lunchbox, soon joined by the girls.

"Did you hear? It seems we will have some people observing our performance this afternoon," Kushina said.

"My mother mentioned something like that. He arrived in Konoha a few weeks ago from the border to deal with some things with the medical teams and the hospital," Tsuna said.

"We are the class that the village has invested in the most since its foundation. It's very likely that the Hokage will appear, as this is our last year," Mikoto said.

"I agree with Mikoto, it's very likely that high-ranking people will watch us," Minato said.

After lunch, Professor Fuuma took them to a special field outside the academy used for Chuunin and Jonin training, as the next phase of the exam was physical and elemental ninjutsu tests. The students shared their expectations and anxieties about this part of the test, a crucial evaluation of their physical and combat abilities for their future careers. Professor Fuuma had emphasized the importance of these tests, reminding the students that they would be decisive for their final ranking and future placements as shinobis.

The professor gave an overview of what would happen, and an unexpected and exciting surprise occurred for most of the ninja academy students when they noticed the presence of the Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, accompanied by his students, Jiraiya and Tsunade. The appearance of the village leader immediately generated a buzz among the students.

"This year, Hokage-Sama will personally see your performance," Professor Fuuma said with a certain pride, exciting many of the children.

Hiruzen, with his imposing presence and serene gaze, watched the young future shinobis gathered. He raised his hand, asking for silence, and when the children quieted down, he began to speak.

"Dear students, the future of Konoha is in your hands, and it is important for me to see the progress you have made," said the Hokage, his voice resonating clearly.

He then made an announcement that raised the level of expectation and excitement among the students. "This year, we have decided to recognize the top performers in the final exams with special awards. It will be a way to honor the effort and dedication you have shown over the past years."

Immediately, eyes turned to Minato, whose performance was well known to everyone. The expectation was that he would undoubtedly be the top scorer.

Jiraiya, standing next to the Hokage, watched the scene with a particular interest in Minato, smiling at his future student. The students, now even more motivated by the Hokage's presence and the promise of rewards, prepared for the start of the physical and elemental jutsu tests.

The first physical test of the day was a challenging circuit, designed to be more rigorous and demanding than in previous years. Minato, with his exceptional physical ability and technique, navigated the course with a dexterity he had acquired from Might Duy in recent months, overcoming obstacles with ease and impressive speed. His performance not only confirmed his reputation as the best in his class but also left the onlookers, including the Hokage and the Sannin, deeply impressed.

On the sidelines of the test field, Hiruzen Sarutobi, Jiraiya, and Tsunade discussed Minato. The boy's physical ability was a topic of particular interest, especially given the rumors circulating about him.

"He is extraordinary, isn't he?" commented Hiruzen, watching Minato complete the circuit with almost inhuman ease. "He didn't even use chakra, it was just physical strength, he seems to have a special body like the Senjus... but his physical conditioning is also remarkable for his age."

Jiraiya, with a thoughtful look, added: "There are rumors that he has been using a clone to attend the academy, while the original trains with a gennin from the village, Might Duy, who is famous for not being able to use ninjutsus, only taijutsus. That would explain this level of physical preparation."

"Might Duy... It's unusual for an academy student to seek additional training with a gennin, especially the brat who could get help both from you, Jiraiya, or have asked for our help in the Senju clan, since he is a close friend of Kushina and my daughter. But if Minato is seeking to train with this gennin, Duy must have something special."

Hiruzen nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, this is intriguing. Perhaps I should pay attention to this Duy?" The Hokage posed the question to himself.

As the conversation continued, Minato completed the circuit and prepared for the next test, unaware of the special attention he was receiving from Konoha's higher echelons. The next test for the young Academy students was kunai throwing.

Minato positioned himself confidently, holding the kunais with precision that reflected years of practice and dedication. He threw each one with impeccable technique after much training, hitting the target with unwavering accuracy. His score was an impressive 100%, a notable improvement compared to his first year, scoring 40% hits, recorded when he joined the academy more than three years ago.

After Minato's exceptional performance in the kunai throwing test, other students also demonstrated notable skills. Tsuna Senju, daughter of Tsunade, showed impressive precision, hitting 100% of the targets. Mikoto Uchiha and Akuma Uchiha, both from the prestigious Uchiha clan, equally achieved 100%, demonstrating the dexterity and rigorous training of their clan.

Kushina Uzumaki, on the other hand, scored 80%. As she collected her kunais, Minato approached the girl. "Kushina, you did well, but let me give you a tip to improve your score," he said, gently showing her how to adjust her grip and posture for a more efficient throw. Kushina, who trusted Minato, accepted his help.

As Minato helped Kushina, the Hokage observed the scene with growing interest. He noticed Minato's closeness to Kushina, who would soon become the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi. Hiruzen saw this as a strategic opportunity. 'If Minato continues to be close to Kushina, it could ensure his continued loyalty to the village,' he thought. 'With Minato's talent and potential, he will be a crucial shinobi for Konoha's future.' Hiruzen watched with a calculating look as Minato gave advice to Kushina.

In the next test, the students were challenged to demonstrate their skills in ninjutsu. The students showed different levels of mastery among the jutsus they had received. Some failed to have even minimal control due to their low chakra pool or energy control, while others demonstrated the jutsu with moderate to perfect mastery.

Finally, it was Minato's turn to step forward and perform his jutsus. Starting with the fire element, Minato executed the "Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu," creating multiple fireballs that he accurately launched at the targets. He then transitioned to the lightning element. With a quick series of hand seals, Minato channeled lightning chakra into his hands and unleashed the "Raiton: Jibashi," creating an electric discharge that hit the designated targets. Lastly, Minato focused on the wind element, the most challenging of all. He performed the seals with incredible fluidity and precision, and then released the "Fūton: Reppūshō," creating a powerful gust of wind that not only hit the targets set by the instructors.

"The boy has an impressive talent for ninjutsu, three elements? Even with natural affinity, it's extremely difficult. He even reminds me of the time I sweated to master all five elements," the Hokage murmured with satisfaction as he watched Minato's performance.

He didn't possess the crystal ball technique at this time, so he only heard from the teachers about the prodigy's performance, and seeing it in person was satisfying for the village's greatest ninja in such a dark time.

As soon as Minato finished, the test that everyone had been eagerly awaiting was about to begin: the sparring matches.

"Now, something quite interesting," Jiraiya spoke, looking at the children, eager to see how they would fare with their new jutsus in a real combat.

The air was electric with anticipation as the academy students prepared for the sparring matches.

"Let's start the sparring matches," announced Professor Fuuma. "Remember, this is a test of your skills and knowledge. We want to see how you apply what you've learned in a real combat situation."

The professor spoke and announced the first match.

"Namikaze Minato vs. Uchiha Mikoto!" He declared, and everyone wanted to see this fight. Mikoto had surpassed Akuma Uchiha this year, making her one of the top students, tied with Tsuna Senju. Now, she would fight the most talented student in the class and her precious friend.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 30 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 15 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

22