Chapter 59 – Last Year 04.
377 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV
Konoha, Year 36.
...

...

Minato began to concentrate his chakra again, creating a vortex of energy with wind chakra. 

"Keep more chakra flowing to your hands..." Hanabi commented a few meters away, watching Minato's jutsu attentively as her hair was thrown back by the wind. 

Hearing Hanabi, Minato continued to add more chakra, the sound grew more intense as he tried to maintain consistency. 

"That's too much, reduce the chakra flow a bit." She spoke while keeping the Byakugan on Minato's jutsu. 

"I'm losing control..." Minato murmured as he saw his jutsu explode in his own hand. 

*BOOOOM!* 

He was once again thrown back, getting up and returning to his spot as if nothing had happened. He received an intense look from Hanabi, since Minato didn't even have a scratch, but since this was the boy's secret in front of her, she kept her tongue tied. 

The attempts continued, and Minato tried to maintain an adequate chakra flow to create the jutsu without destabilizing it, under the guidance of someone with Byakugan. This lasted for hours, and at one point Minato started to get the hang of it. 

"I'm almost out of chakra, but I believe this is it." Minato commented, quite tired and with dirty clothes after so many explosions with debris and dust. 

In his hand was a Rasengan with wind style chakra spiraling around it in a mesmerizing manner, the sound was more unstable, but still sharp and loud, creating the same whirlwind. 

"Is this the jutsu you wanted to create...?" Hanabi asked, looking at Minato's hand. 

"It's not ready yet, I need to get used to the stability and try to expand it, and now I'm out of chakra for that, but I've made great progress, it would take a week to do this if it weren't for you, so I owe you one." Minato spoke as he canceled the jutsu. 

"You don't owe me a favor, I did it because I wanted to." She said softly with Minato raising an eyebrow. 

"It's getting late, you haven't trained because of me, let me at least take you out to eat something." Minato suggested, he wouldn't be so ungrateful either. 

"I..." Hanabi seemed uncertain. 

"Come on, it's just ramen, it's the least I can do." Minato had greatly improved his opinion of Hanabi, she went from an arrogant person with all that talk of destiny to someone friendly in Minato's terms, and he didn't want to owe her anything. 

"I can't do that, my clan is quite strict about members going out in public places." She commented. 

Minato raised an eyebrow and sighed. "How about coming to my place, I know how to make some really tasty food, how about that?" Minato tried another approach. 

"If it's not too late..." She commented, and Minato nodded. 

"Then let's go, you'll be the first person to eat my cooking, I hope you like it." Minato smiled, he had moved in a few days ago and despite having knowledge from another life, he had never made food for someone other than himself, Hanabi would be his first guinea pig. 

He and Hanabi jumped between trees and houses until they found Minato's apartment in a middle-class area, they entered the place and Minato welcomed her. 

"Welcome to my little spot. Make yourself at home." He said as he took off his sandals. 

Hanabi just nodded, and Minato quickly began to take out pots from the cupboard and gather ingredients with 3 clones, while one started to prepare the fire with rice, another shredded some beef from the fridge, and another made a special sauce. 

"Did you get this place from the village?" Hanabi broke the silence while watching Minato prepare dinner. 

"Yes, the Hokage released it to me." Minato responded without looking at the girl. 

"So you left the orphanage then." He commented, though obvious Minato still asked, "You knew I was in an orphanage?" 

"Of course, how could I not know about the greatest talent that has emerged since the village was founded, everyone just talks about you, even in the Hyuuga clan." She commented, sitting at the table. 

"Really? I didn't know that even such a talkative clan would bring my name up for discussion." Minato joked.

"You talk as if you like your popularity," she murmured. 

"Less than you might think, it's true it opens many opportunities, but there are also many eyes on you too," Minato commented as he began to put the meat in the frying pan. "The world is full of geniuses... but few of them manage to survive," Minato concluded. 

"You're quite different from what I imagined," she murmured. 

"Why do you say that, you don't see how I act with others," Minato asked, a bit confused, he always acted friendly and was never arrogant. 

"In fact, I have seen, but I never paid attention, I'm not a person who has friends, so everything for me is just thinking about getting stronger and not disappointing my family," she commented. 

"That talk of destiny again?" Minato murmured, disliking that. 

"In the Hyuuga, we have our destiny marked from birth, from the moment we put this mark on our forehead," she said, showing the mark to Minato, he found her a beautiful girl, but that mark was repugnant, not that he blamed her for it. 

"You know, of all the clans in this village, the Hyuuga are the ones I hate the most," Minato spoke disdainfully. 

"..." Hanabi didn't say anything but was surprised by Minato's words. 

He continued to cook while the atmosphere turned silent, the only sound was of Minato cooking at that moment. He and his clones continued until he dispelled them, and only the original continued at the stove. 

With the main ingredients ready, Minato focused on the sauce. He combined fresh ingredients, balancing flavors to complement the shredded beef. A pinch of sugar to cut the acidity, a bit of soy sauce for depth, and a touch of garlic and ginger for an extra flavor. The aroma that began to fill the kitchen was inviting and promised a delicious dish. 

When everything was ready, Minato skillfully assembled the dishes. He placed a generous portion of rice on each plate, topped it with the shredded beef, and drizzled with the homemade sauce. The result was a visually appealing and aromatic dish that promised to satisfy any palate. 

He placed the dishes on the table, along with some chopsticks, and called Hanabi to join him. "I hope you like it," said Minato with a modest smile, but confident in the quality of the meal he prepared. 

Surprised by the smell of Minato's cooking, Hanabi joined him on the other side of the table. The first bite confirmed what the aroma promised: the dish was delicious. The meat was juicy and flavorful, the rice was just right, and the sauce tied all the flavors together harmoniously. 

Hanabi brought the fork full of meat and rice to her mouth, and the flavorful sensation quickly filled her mouth, making her eyes open wide. "What is this, I've never eaten anything like this before..." she murmured a bit dazed. 

"I'm glad you liked it," Minato commented with a smile, glad she enjoyed it. "Make yourself at home." 

Hanabi did not hesitate after the first forkful, the aroma and taste of Minato's food were so inviting that she began to eat with an enthusiasm she rarely showed. Each bite seemed better than the previous one, Minato looked satisfied and began to eat his part, both ate in silence, though Hanabi seemed the noisier of the two as her fork clanked against the plate. 

She finally finished, repeating what Minato had left in the center of the table and was satisfied in the end, she looked at Minato staring at her with a smile and a blush appeared on her face. 

"Sorry about that," she said, embarrassed. 

"Relax, it's just us here, you can be at ease, I'm glad you liked my food, you're the first to try it," Minato commented with certain enthusiasm. 

"That was really good, I've never eaten anything like it," she said, still reminiscing the taste. "You're an excellent cook, Minato. Have you ever thought about leaving the life of a ninja to open a restaurant?" she asked with a smile, making a joke.

"Haha. You even know how to make a joke." Minato had to comment, and the girl seemed more embarrassed. Minato continued. "But can you tell me about the taste you felt, the sensation?" Minato asked some peculiar questions, and Hanabi, a bit hesitant on how to respond, started talking about what she thought. 

"Hmm... interesting... this is good, maybe a bit more salt and seasoning..." While Hanabi was speaking, she didn't look at Minato, but now seeing the boy, she saw him jotting things down in a small notebook. 

"What's that?" She asked curiously. 

"This is my recipe book, I like to mark down everything I do and get feedback, you're my first guinea pig, so it's good to hear your opinion." 

"I see... Anyway, thanks for dinner, it's getting late and I better go." she said, standing up to leave. 

"Of course, you're welcome," Minato responded, walking her to the door. "Until next time." 

"Don't you want me to walk you to the Hyuuga compound?" He asked at the door, it wasn't late, but it was already night. 

"No, I can go by myself, anyway, thanks for everything." She said a bit timidly. 

"Sure, what are friends for?" Minato commented at the end, leaving her a bit surprised and she started to walk quickly to her home leaving Minato a bit surprised and confused by that. 

"Why did she leave so hurriedly?" He scratched his head. 

"Young people these days..." Minato heard a voice and on the other side of the apartment, a lady appeared at the door. 

"Hm? Hello?" Minato was once again confused by this woman. 

"This is the second woman you've brought home, these young people are so active these days..." She commented with a little laugh.

"I'm 11 years old... Can't you see I'm a child?" He murmured to the clueless woman as he tried to close the door. 

"If I were about 40 years younger, I'd make you fall in love with me, handsome boy." The old woman commented with a toothless smile at Minato while licking her lips and staring at Minato like prey. 

'Who is this crazy woman?! Even if she were 40 years younger, she'd still be old!' He screamed in his mind and quickly closed the door, thinking he had moved into a place with a lecherous neighbor. 

That night, Minato created a clone to stand guard at the door. 

"What?! You want me to stand guard while you sleep! That's unfair!" The clone complained. 

"Just do it! It's a matter of our dignity!" Minato ordered, leaving no room for negotiation. 

Meanwhile, Hanabi entered the clan's compound. 

"I'm home," she announced. 

"Hanabi...? Did you sneak out to train outside the clan again... But why so late...?" An elder appeared. 

"Hello, Grandpa... I... made a friend... I think..." She said, a bit surprised. 

"A friend? That's new, I hope you're not too strict... it's good to relax a bit." The old man had the Uchiha clan's eye and was quite old, but he looked at his granddaughter somewhat happily that she had mentioned making a friend, which was new. 

"I'll try..." She murmured and went to her Japanese bed, she couldn't help but dwell on Minato's last words. 

"Friend... so this is what it's like to have one?" She murmured a bit before falling asleep. 

---------------------

Raccoon here: 

What do you think, is Hanabi's development too rushed?

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

26