Chapter 74 – Bell Test 04.
311 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 1900 Words.]
Third Person POV
Konoha, Year 36.
...

...

Hanabi gazed intently at Jiraiya, she prepared a kunai in one hand and dashed towards Jiraiya, throwing the kunai at the man while he dodged with ease. She quickly closed in with her palms, using the Hyuuga style, but her opponent was still Jiraiya.  

"She's not going to fare well..." Minato murmured, watching the fight from a distance. The Hyuuga style was quite lacking when they used hand-to-hand combat, while Minato and Mikoto had a good arsenal for more distant combat, but with Hanabi, her elemental jutsus were at most medium range.  

Jiraiya began to engage in taijutsu combat, dodging all of the girl's attacks. She dodged while chakra emanated from her palms.  

"It seems the Hyuuga aren't so impressive after all..." An Uchiha commented, looking at the girl with some disdain.  

Hanabi became frustrated with this; unlike Minato and even Mikoto, he was conducting a level of fight so inferior that Jiraiya needed only to move his body.  

"Can you do better than this, little girl?" Jiraiya commented.  

Hanabi switched her attack to distance herself, while she began to make hand seals, Boar → Ox and a few more seals. "Doton: Retsudo Tenshō" Hanabi touched the ground and it began to tremble and break. Jiraiya saw this with a smile as he jumped away and started creating hand seals.  

Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger. "Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu" Jiraiya spat fire over the girl.  

Hanabi saw this fire and began to spin chakra around her hands. "This?!" Hiruzen was surprised what the girl was going to do.  

Jiraiya also saw this with satisfaction, as the flames enveloped the girl, and she wrapped her body around a circle of chakra, protecting herself from the flames.  

*BOOOOMMM!!!*  

The flames finally ended, and Hanabi was a bit tired while in the middle of the flames. She looked still somewhat frustrated; she clearly did not have a good arsenal to fight against Jiraiya.  

However, before she could realize, Minato appeared above the girl and before she could react, he picked her up by the waist and jumped to the forest.  

"Hm... What is he planning now..." Jiraiya commented watching Minato disappear.  

Meanwhile, Hanabi wanted an answer for this. "What are you doing?" She said, looking at Minato jumping between the trees.  

"Be quiet, we're going to meet up with Mikoto." Minato spoke and continued towards Mikoto in a corner of the forest.  

He headed for that corner while Mikoto could not stay hidden from Minato, who had detected her the whole time, so she calmly waited until Minato landed in front of her.  

"What are you doing?" She asked.  

"Listen." Minato spoke, placing Hanabi in the tree, "This test is more than it seems." He began.  

"What do you mean, it seems simple to me, we have to get the bells and only two of us can pass." Hanabi spoke with a tone quite frustrated still.  

"..." Mikoto was silent.  

"You're wrong... there isn't a test that only passes 2 people and fails the third. In fact, Jiraiya put this condition so that we compete against each other... but this exercise serves to work on our teamwork overcoming our difficulties, do you really think we can fight individually against an elite jonin?" Minato spoke, of course, if he wanted to get the bells, it would be quite easy with his light fruit, but what would be the point of exposing himself in this way and not being able to mature his future companions?  

Mikoto was silent along with Hanabi listening to Minato, "Do you think we can do this together?" She asked.  

"Yes... Listen well, we have to make a plan." He started.  

Meanwhile, in the destroyed training field, Jiraiya stood calmly and to the new spectators, he seemed to have everything under control, but this could not be said of his interior. 'Damn, I spent so much chakra on these brats... I'm at my limits already. If I were on a battlefield, I'd have to use that ugly appearance of sage mode.'

Now he could finally breathe after facing all those little monsters, even though Hanabi knew advanced techniques from her clan that she shouldn't be using at her age or because she was from the secondary family. He hoped the kids would stop pressuring him as they had been.

He was murmuring internally when he felt something in the vegetation hundreds of meters away, and a shuriken flew towards him, spinning in his direction. He jumped, dodging it, but the person who threw it from the forest clenched their teeth and pulled their hand, showing for the first time wires connected to the weapon. The weapon disintegrated, and Jiraiya, anticipating this, began to move his body in the air, dodging the projectiles coming towards him.

The two projectiles passed by Jiraiya, but soon transformed, and smoke revealed two Minatos, surprising the jonin as they approached Jiraiya.

"That was a smart move." Hiruzen looked on with a raised eyebrow but pleased. "But they are working together..." he observed.

"Hello, Sensei!" Minato announced with a smile and punched Jiraiya in the air, who caught Minato's punch, but the latter made a move towards him, while grabbing the other hand and placing it on the hand where Jiraiya held the sack, pulling towards him.

"Hm?!" Jiraiya found himself being pulled, creating an opening for the other clone, who was going for the attack, but Minato could do nothing but punch Jiraiya, which wouldn't be very effective. However, Minato had anticipated this and with a slight smile, something happened.

With a flash, while Jiraiya was looking at the clone expecting the attack, it disappeared, and another person took its place.

"That's it!" Jiraiya was stunned as the palm flew towards him. Hanabi hit Jiraiya's shoulder without him being able to act while still caught with the other clone, feeling his left limb becoming numb as he lost the ability to move on that side.

"What was that?!" An Anbu asked, a question that everyone had since Hanabi appeared out of nowhere.

Even Jiraiya, still dazed with his arm being affected by the Hyuuga technique, was also wondering what happened there. This technique was unique to Minato, as he had managed to develop the Flying Thunder God to level 2 in recent weeks, being able to switch places between his originals and a person with his seal, which was the case for Hanabi with the seal planted on her body before Minato acted with his original.

He had teleported to where Hanabi was, next to Mikoto. However, as soon as he appeared there, he felt a great exhaustion in his chakra and even his physical body was affected as he fell to his knees.

"Minato?!" Mikoto asked worriedly, approaching as she crouched near him.

"I'm okay... I think..." He said with some difficulty. After some effort, he managed to get the strength to stand up, Mikoto quickly helped him up gently.

Minato was thinking of something else to notice the girl by his side. 'This jutsu... it's really hard to execute... I almost passed out.' He murmured a bit frustrated, but relieved that his plan had worked. He received the memories from his clone that had grabbed Jiraiya after being hit by a kick from him while disappearing into the distance.

Jiraiya landed on the ground with a limp arm. Looking at this limb in surprise, he turned to Hanabi, who had landed on the ground still with her Byakugan activated, ready to continue the fight. "Since when can you Hyuuga put a limb to sleep?" He asked, a bit surprised.

"This is a technique that I developed myself. It not only hits the chakra point but creates a great stress in the muscle area, the effect is this, you won't be able to use both hands for jutsus." She spoke calmly, this was her unique work.

"Incredible... This girl may not be as outstanding as her companions, but she is certainly a genius as well." Hiruzen commented with interest.

Jiraiya recognized this too, he was in a bit of a difficult situation at the moment, and saw other movements coming towards him.

"I'm out of chakra, so we can take advantage while sensei can't use seals with both hands, let's fight with our taijutsu!" Minato said as he advanced with Mikoto by his side, Hanabi was not left behind, following her two.

Jiraiya found himself surrounded by three genin fighting him in close combat with one useless arm, feeling pressure from all sides, after all, he was fighting against two dojutsu users who could even predict his movements, the Sharingan much more so than the Byakugan, and there was Minato who had this ability naturally, better than the girls and without any other explanation, after all, Minato had always been a mystery to everyone.

"He's in trouble..." An Anbu commented.

"It's true... Haha." Hiruzen had to laugh as Minato used his legs and his only arm to deal with a bunch of kids jumping on him like flies and making him retreat. When he conducted this same test, it ended with Jiraiya trying to play a bunch of tricks and failing miserably, with only Tsunade and Orochimaru getting the bells. But he was seeing a different outcome here, after all, they were all working together, although it left many open questions in the Hokage's mind, like how Minato had swapped places with Hanabi, but he just appreciated the youth of the leaf, even though one was an Uchiha.

'This way I'm going to lose...?!' He thought, retreating while receiving a kick from Minato in the back and a palm strike from Hanabi in the stomach along with an elbow from Mikoto, making him fall back rolling before getting up.

But as soon as he expected more attacks from the trio, he found himself free for the first time and looked at a distance, they weren't moving anymore while displaying satisfied smiles.

"Hm?!" His hand instinctively went to his waist, finally feeling the absence of something important, his gaze returned to Minato smiling and raising his hand with the two bells.

"These kids... they managed it in such a short time..." Jiraiya admitted, but opened a satisfied smile.

He approached still with his limp left hand, "Well... you did it... however, Minato has both bells..." He began, looking at the girls. "Who will pass with you Minato, you have to choose one of the two." He said in the end.

Mikoto and Hanabi were not bothered by this, while Minato just shrugged and tossed the two bells to each of them. "You see sensei, they have the bells, if we don't pass together, then I'll go back to the academy. You can fail me." He spoke, crossing his arms.

"Why am I still playing this, it's obvious you already know about the real test..." He admitted with a sigh and turned to everyone with a satisfied smile.

"Anyway, congratulations, you've passed the test, welcome to Team 7!" Jiraiya declared with all the spectators at a distance listening to this with some emotion. Whether it was the surprise of all 3 being incredible for their ages, the mystery and inexplicable questions in the middle of the fight, or even the teamwork effort that the young ones executed.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

23