Chapter 0: The Devils World
16 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Limbo. 

 The den of evil where monsters and devils lay. Humans daring to adventure deep have been slayed by these monsters. Their flesh eaten, blood drank and, bones used as decoration.

 Stories have been told of a grand tournament each century where these devils fight and conquer human lands in an act of worship to their King. Seven centuries have passed since the start of this tradition and six devils have won gaining prestige and fame. This is the story about the 7th champion and her adventure and struggles as the only(?) human to compete amongst High-Ranking Devils.

***

"Catholic Bernadette, of 25 winters. You have been chosen as the representative General of Eldlǫnd, the Village of Flames. Come forth, for I Vinsea de Trand your loyal advisor for this round shall award you with the Eternal Contract. Sign it and your path to glory shall begin."

"..."

"Catholic Bernadette?"

"Can I forfeit?"

"Nope."

"Why?"

"If you do forfeit, the whole village will be incinerated... I also forgot to choose a backup representative so I would also get executed, ehe~"

"..."

"..."

"Sure I'll do it."

"If you leave right now you'll hav- wait you accept? ...That's weird usually they would immediately back out before listening to me..."

"It's not like I have to anything hard right? Just lead some troops to invade some farms, castles, that stuff, right?"

"Haha, yes, that is basically it except before you are able to lead the troops given to you, showcasing your dominance over them by killing them in a battle is tradition. I'd be surprised if you even get past that."

"...Vinsea... my dear advisor we truly are made for each other it's like we're (platonic) soulmates."

"Oh, of course M'lady, it really feels like it."

"..."

"..."

"...Soooo"

"No. Sign it."

A TRY AT BEING COMEDIC!

"Darling~ please hurry. "

"Just wait for a bit."

"Ahn~ the white stuff got on my face, can you help me wipe it off darlin'?"

"...Here I am baking strawberry cake for a competition with the literal incarnation of lust who's making this sexual by straight up moaning and worse is how I can't just kick him."

"Darling, it's so thick, its gotten into my mouth." 

"Calm down it's just cake batter. Here, wipe it yourself."

"But darling, I want you to wipe it for me and maybe even kiss it off~"

"... Screw the rules."

"Oh? Ah! Wait, Darling! Put down that knife! Violence is off limi- urgh."

LUSTFUL SUITORS!

"Huff- Puff, Supreme General!"

"Yes? Why are you in such a hurry?"

"Joyuk-, Lord Joyuku, h-he has taken over Fort Uranium!"

"What! How could he have gotten past the Wall?"

"M'lady!"

"Again? Vinsea, Is there something wrong?"

"Yes! Your dam-kouff, your darling took over the orphanage and is sacrificing the humans!" 

"...That flirt, so that's how he got past the Wall."

"..."

"..."

"Haaah, Vinsea! Call all the Generals, have them come to the meeting room."

"I hear, M'lady!"

Fwoosh

"And you!"

"Eeek! Yes, Supreme General!"

"What department are you from?"

"The logistics, Supreme General!"

"Hm... Then go help them!"

"Ah! Yes! I hear, Supreme General!"

DOES THIS LOOK SERIOUS?

"Something wrong? You've been staring at me for hours."

"You punched the Crown Prince!" 

"What! I did?"

"Yes! How could you not remember the man who appeared outside the mansion carrying a bouquet of flowers and a carriage full of gold just to propose to you?"

"You mean that sad, depressed looking man that looked as greasy as the oil I use for cooking and also the same man who acts like those 'Cold/Hot/Dominant Ceo' from those cringey novels?"

"...I won't get executed if I say yes right now, right?"

"Maybe..."

"Whatever... Yes! Him, that is the Prince you punched!"

"You can't blame me, I just couldn't stop it, my bodies natural response to ugly people. I was actually surprised I didn't punch you at first sight."

"...Once this is over, I will kick you."

"Hey! Don't steal my gimmick. I'm the one who's supposed to kick you over being annoying."

"...That just doesn't make sense."

DO YOU SEE ANY SARCASM HERE?

ALL THESE IN THE NOVEL 

SAVE ME OH LORD!

1