Chapter 1
98 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This engagement banquet may not be grand, but it's low-key luxurious. Gu Yanfeng truly lives up to his title as the Movie Emperor."

"Heh, what's there to envy about selling daughter?"

"Weren't they engaged from an early age? How did it turn into selling and buying?"

"All lies. Big stars can do whatever they want. It's indeed buying wife for five million."

"Oh my, Jiang Mi is only eighteen..."

Jiang Mi leaned against the cubicle in the restroom, rubbing her head while overhearing several women outside, discussing about her with enthusiasm. She felt like she was about to explode.

Having just finished her final college entrance exam, she wanted to use the restroom. However, after closing the door, everything started spinning, and she fainted.

When she woke up, she was still in the restroom, but in a different world and a different body.

She transmigrated, becoming the vicious supporting female character with the same name from an entertainment novel she had read.

The original host, just coming of age, was engaged to the Movie Emperor, Gu Yanfeng, who had a hidden illness.

The original self was playing the minor villain role, meeting a tragic end, a cruel fate.

Now, Jiang Mi found herself in the hotel restroom where the engagement banquet was being held.

The people discussing outside were her relatives.

Jiang Mi couldn't accept this flavorful transmigration, but the memories suddenly added to her mind were not fake, and the discussions outside were somehow really real.

After the dizziness subsided, Jiang Mi gritted her teeth and pushed open the cubicle door.

Regardless of what was happening outside, she had to face it.

"Jiang Mi…" Three middle-aged women were still chatting at the sink. When they heard the noise, they all turned, stunned.

Jiang Mi stood in front of the sink, placing her hands under the sensor-activated faucet, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Because of her young age and good skin, she only wore light makeup for the engagement ceremony. With a small melon-seed face, a pair of sparkling peach blossom eyes, and a small dimple at the corner of her mouth, she was genuinely beautiful, but it wasn't her original appearance.

Jiang Mi closed her eyes and rubbed her fingers, feeling the engagement ring harshly against her skin.

"Mimi, just now we..."

"It's not selling a daughter," Jiang Mi suddenly spoke with a calm tone. "I'm a fan of Gu Yanfeng and really like him. Being engaged to him is something I've dreamed of."

"No, didn't you cry and scream about hanging yourself just yesterday? Why are you..."

"Today, I found out he is Gu Yanfeng, and I'm willing."

After saying this, Jiang Mi turned and left.

In truth, what those people said was not wrong. The so-called engagement was indeed selling a daughter—for five million.

For an ordinary family, it was not a small sum. But for the Movie Emperor Gu Yanfeng, it was by no means a large amount.

After the original body owner’s death, Gu Yanfeng wanted to avenge her, but ultimately met an unfortunate end himself.

The book mentioned that Gu Yanfeng sought revenge for the original body owner out of pride. Jiang Mi felt that regardless of the reason, Gu Yanfeng was more reliable than the original body owner's parents.

Jiang Mi lowered her head to look at the pigeon egg shape diamond on her finger and the white satin dress on her body. She also touched the crown on her head. Just this outfit today cost more than five million.

Walking through the corridor of the bathroom, she could see the hall where they were hosting the banquet today.

The scene was predominantly in shades of pink, with exquisite decorations that showed they had put a lot of thought in this small ceremony. Rose petals were strewn along the flower path, and the nine-tiered cake on the stage was still intact...

"Mimi." A middle-aged woman in a bright red festive outfit rushed over, her fat body blocking Jiang Mi's line of sight and trapping her against the wall. "Mom has something to tell you. Tonight, you must go home with Gu Yanfeng, understand?"

This was the original body owner's stepmother, Zhu Xiuchun.

Yes, the original body owner was not her biological child.

"I won't." Jiang Mi refused according to the original body owner's character. "This is an engagement, not a marriage. Do you know what it means to go home with him?"

"Consummation, what else could it be?" Zhu Xiuchun sneered, not caring at all, even a bit disdainful. "You are his wife now. Whether you consumate early or late, you have to sleep with him. So, you must go with him."

"Yes, you must go." Before Jiang Mi could speak, the original body owner's father, Jiang Tianyuan, also came over, revealing yellow teeth. "Otherwise, don't think about continuing your education. If you want to go to art school, obediently listen to me, understand?"

The original body owner disliked Gu Yanfeng; she liked the male lead, Bai Mo.

Bai Mo was the original body owner's classmate, debuted at the age of fifteen, and is now a very popular artist.

For him, the original body owner applied to the film and television academy.

Because of her outstanding appearance, the original body owner's exam results were good, with a high chance of being classmates with Bai Mo.

Today is May 5th, the original body owner's birthday, just one month away from the college entrance examination.

The household registration and ID are in the hands of the parents. The original body owner had no choice but to comply, venting her anger on Gu Yanfeng in the end.

But for Jiang Mi, she had read the entire book and knew the content that followed, so she naturally had a different choice.

However, she didn't comply immediately. "I'll go ask Gu Yanfeng . I'm his fiancée; he can't refuse, can he?"

"Then we'll go tell him about your liking for Bai Mo," Zhu Xiuchun immediately suggested.

"I can go." Jiang Mi pretended to hesitate, pondered for a moment, and then gritted her teeth. "Give me the household registration and ID."

"You go first." Jiang Tianyuan urged. "I'll give it to you tomorrow."

"No, give it to me now." Jiang Mi didn't back down. "If you don't give it to me, I'll go tell Gu Yanfeng that I was forced. I bet even an actor like him cares about face. The remaining payment probably hasn't been settled, right?"

"You, you, you..." Zhu Xiuchun was so angry that she raised her hand to slap, wanting to hit someone.

"Hit me." Jiang Mi approached her, "See if Gu Yanfeng cares."

Outside the corridor was the hall, and at this time, the guests were leaving. Gu Yanfeng was at the door, greeting.

Jiang Tianyuan hurriedly pulled Zhu Xiuchun and said to Jiang Mi, "I'll give it to you, but you're not allowed to cause trouble."

"Don't worry." Jiang Mi sneered, "As long as you don't look for trouble, I'll be satisfied. I don't want to offend Gu Yanfeng either."

After discussing with Zhu Xiuchun, Jiang Tianyuan gave Jiang Mi his ID card, "I didn't bring the household registration book with me, so take the ID card for now. You follow Gu Yanfeng home tonight, and when we receive the money tomorrow, we'll give you the household registration book."

"Okay." Jiang Mi shook the mobile phone in her hand, "I recorded it, see you tomorrow."

Without caring about the couple's grim faces, Jiang Mi turned around and went to find Gu Yanfeng.

At the entrance of the hall, Gu Yanfeng wore a well-tailored, pristine white suit. Broad shoulders, narrow waist, long legs, and a straight posture, even his back was impeccably handsome.

Jiang Mi watched, slightly distracted. Suddenly, an elderly person with white hair appeared in her line of sight. Perhaps the floor was slippery, and the old man slipped.

Jiang Mi hurriedly rushed over to help.

Today was the engagement ceremony, and the original host wore a pair of thin high heels. However, Jiang Mi was not accustomed to such shoes. While normal walking was fine, in a hurry, her footing was unstable, and she twisted her ankle severely.

Fortunately, she didn't fall directly to the ground. Enduring the pain, Jiang Mi held onto the old man, "Director Qi, are you okay?"

This old man was a respected director. The first movie for which Gu Yanfeng won the Best Actor award was directed by him.

In today's engagement ceremony, the old man was the officiant, indicating his significant position in Gu Yanfeng's heart.

Jiang Mi now possessed the memories of the original host, remembering that the host had behaved very unpleasantly during the ceremony. Although she didn't dare to do anything overt, Director Qi's eyes were the most penetrating, so he probably didn't have a good impression of her.

"I'm fine." Director Qi shook off Jiang Mi's hand, "Don't bother with this old man. You should go and greet the guests."

Jiang Mi could guess his thoughts, but her ankle was hurting too much, so she found a chair nearby and sat down.

Director Qi frowned and walked towards Gu Yanfeng.

Jiang Mi couldn't afford to care about him right now. She lowered her head to look at her ankle.

At this point, the problem was not yet apparent, but it was indeed very painful. It was likely that a tendon was injured.

Suddenly, the light in front of her was blocked, and a tall figure stood in front of her.

"Twisted it?" Gu Yanfeng's voice unexpectedly gentle and calm.

Jiang Mi raised her head, stunned.

The original book didn't describe Gu Yanfeng's appearance much, basically just one word: handsome.

Of course, to become a Movie Emperor, the appearance conditions must be outstanding. The original host's memories also included this person.

But when Jiang Mi truly saw him in person, she was stunned by his handsome appearance. Distinctive features, deep eyes, a well-defined nose—photogenic without the need for any retouching.

Gu Yanfeng didn't get a response, thinking she was dazed from pain. He crouched down directly.

His long, fair fingers rested on her ankle, and only then did Jiang Mi react, subconsciously pulling her foot back.

"Don't move." A gentle and comforting tone, yet with an unyielding force, "Let me take a look."

Jiang Mi looked at the man's focused expression and dared not move again.

"Does it hurt?" The pressure on his fingertips increased.

Jiang Mi made a hissing sound, her eye turning red.

Gu Yanfeng looked up at her, stood up, and said, "Looks a bit swollen. Probably a sprain. I'll take you to the hospital."

Before Jiang Mi could react, Gu Yanfeng bent down again, one hand supporting her back, the other passing through her knees, lifting her up.

Suddenly airborne, Jiang Mi was startled and instinctively hugged Gu Yanfeng's neck.

Gu Yanfeng's steps paused slightly, and he glanced down.

The girl seemed embarrassed, her earlobes turning red, her eyelashes trembling. She mumbled, "I-I can walk by myself..."

Gu Yanfeng chuckled and didn't say anything more. He directly placed her in the car, saying gently, "Wait for me."

In a few minutes, before Jiang Mi could finish inspecting the decorations inside the luxury car, he returned, accompanied by a driver.

"Let's go, to the hospital," Gu Yanfeng said to the driver after getting into the car.

Jiang Mi looked back at the hotel, feeling a bit uneasy. "There are still guests..."

"It's okay," Gu Yanfeng smiled, "Your parents will take care of it."

"My parents..." Jiang Mi tugged at the corner of her mouth.

Gu Yanfeng seemed to know what she wanted to say and interrupted her unfinished words, "My manager is here too, nothing will happen."

Jiang Mi stopped talking. In fact, she still didn't understand why Gu Yanfeng treated the original host so well.

They had never interacted before, and it wasn't like they were fond of each other.

In the original book, the author also mentioned that Gu Yanfeng didn't like the original host and only married her because of a hidden illness.

As for the specific illness, the book didn't mention it.

What kind of illness could it be?

Since it was referred to as a hidden illness, it meant it wasn't convenient to talk about.

Hidden... Jiang Mi suddenly remembered that the original book seemed to mention that Gu Yanfeng and the original host had never consummated their marriage!

So, could it be... impotence?!

"What's wrong? Does it hurt a lot?" Gu Yanfeng noticed Jiang Mi's abnormal expression and asked with concern.

Jiang Mi raised her head, looking at the handsome man with a gentle smile on his face, feeling complicated.

Gu Yanfeng: "..."

What did this inexplicable sympathy mean?

5