Chapter 8
51 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiang Mi followed Liu Rui Lin to the office.

"Wait outside," Liu Rui Lin tried to stop the bodyguards and the driver.

"No." Jiang Mi directly refused, "I'm afraid you'll bully me."

Liu Rui Lin: "..."

Having been an educational director for many years, Liu Rui Lin had encountered many disobedient students. If they were initially tough or came from a privileged background, he could understand. However, Jiang Mi, who was clearly weak and easy to bully, suddenly becoming assertive was a bit hard for him to accept.

"How can you speak like that?" Liu Rui Lin was displeased, but looking at the icy gaze of the female bodyguard, he felt a bit uneasy. "How could a teacher bully a student?"

"Then why are you afraid of them following us?" Jiang Mi retorted.

Liu Rui Lin opened his mouth, but in the end, he fiercely waved his arm and did not stop them.

Only then did Jiang Mi enter the office.

The driver took out his phone, shamelessly starting to record again.

Liu Rui Lin's head was pounding. "What are you recording? Jiang Mi, what do you want to do?"

"Teacher Lu, you called me to the office," Jiang Mi reminded him.

Infuriated, Liu Rui Lin took a deep breath before saying, "Jiang Mi, I called you here to discuss the matter of you assaulting and bullying fellow students on campus. Unrelated individuals shouldn't be present. I let them in because you're a young girl. How can you allow someone to record a video? Hurry up and turn it off, or I'll call security."

"Teacher Lu, we're just being cautious. If you are fair and just, I guarantee this video will never be leaked." Jiang Mi wasn't afraid at all. "If you want to call security, I have no objections. I believe our conversation should be 'open to all.' However, whether others record it or not, I cannot guarantee."

"Who is supporting you?" After reaching the limit of his patience, Liu Rui Lin calmed down. If possible, he'd snatch the phone later.

Jiang Mi was still a student of the school; worst case, they could expel her. Regardless of what happens to her afterward, it would no longer concern the school.

The key now was to figure out if Jiang Mi's toughness was genuine or just a bluff.

If she had a powerful backing, her background will change, and the previous incidents of bullying would come to light.

If she had no backing, was that car fake?

"What's the meaning of your question, Teacher Lu?" Jiang Mi asked with a sly smile. "Do you want to see someone bow down?"

"Don't use a term if you don't understand it." Liu Rui Lin naturally couldn't admit it. "I just want to know, since you've injured someone so severely, you should compensate for medical expenses, right? Whom should I approach for reimbursement?"

"Come to me." Jiang Mi said, "Bring the receipts, and I'll reimburse everything."

Seeing her speak so lightly, Liu Rui Lin couldn't figure her out more and frowned. "This is not as simple as reimbursing medical expenses. Zhou Hao has parents and family. You attacked him for no reason. How could his family let you off? You're over eighteen, right? If they sue you for intentional harm, you'll go to jail."

"Teacher Lu, are you already giving them ideas?" Jiang Mi's tone was mocking. "Do you want to see them settle the score with me?”

"Young as you are, being a girl, if you end up in jail, what will happen to your future?" Liu Rui Lin continued in a seemingly concerned tone.

"I understand the law too. Zhou Hao's injury doesn't meet the criteria for imprisonment. Besides, it was in response to his verbal insults. What do you think will happen to me? It's more about Zhou's family. They raised such a son; aren't they afraid of being criticized?" Jiang Mi was not at all frightened by Liu Rui Lin's words.

Liu Rui Lin guessed that if she dared to openly assault someone, she probably had a plan for retreat.

However, hearing Jiang Mi speak this way still surprised him.

He carefully assessed Jiang Mi once again.

Still possessing the same beautiful face, the timid and humble demeanor of the past has faded away. Now, the young girl standing before him showcases clear features, a resolute and daring gaze, emanating an aura of invincibility.

---

"There's more." Without waiting for Liu Rui Lin to respond, Jiang Mi continued, "Since I entered this school, Zhou Hao has harassed me a total of 687 times, verbally insulted me 523 times, and physically bullied me 149 times... Adding it all up, I face bullying every day while at school. I've meticulously documented each incident. If he wants to sue me, he might find himself facing a lawsuit from me first."

Liu Rui Lin was stunned.

In fact, as the head teacher, he initially aspired to manage students effectively and build a successful career. However, the nature of this school destined it to be a place where survival of the fittest prevailed, not only for students but also for teachers like him. Those affluent families—how could they genuinely concern themselves with teachers like him?

As time passed, on one side were the affluent individuals he couldn't afford to offend, and on the other side were those lacking wealth, power, and possibly struggling academically.

The imbalance was significant, weighing much more heavily on Liu Rui Lin's conscience, so he gradually grew accustomed to it.

Handling matters in this school was straightforward—apply pressure on the weaker party, and most of the time, things would resolve themselves.

As for the consequences, as long as no one lost their life and it didn't attract major headlines, the school could conveniently choose to remain oblivious.

Even someone like him, hearing the number Jiang Mi reported, was still shocked.

He wasn't sure if Jiang Mi's words were true or false, but the reason he knew Jiang Mi was that she was often the target of bullying, and also someone he frequently pressured. So, he knew that even if the number wasn't accurate, it wasn't too far off.

"Teacher Lu, if I win the lawsuit against Zhou Hao, the school can't shirk its responsibility either," Jiang Mi said calmly, "For a school like this, who would dare to send their children here in the future?"

Liu Rui Lin certainly knew.

He remained silent for a while and asked, "Can you handle the Zhou family?"

He still didn't dare to offend anyone, didn't want to lose his job, so he hoped that Jiang Mi's backing was stronger than the Zhou family's connections.

Jiang Mi smiled, "Teacher Lu, you've misunderstood. I don't want to have any relationship with the Zhous. I can take responsibility for the medical expenses in this matter. But as for the Zhou family, you should handle the explanation, teacher. I know teachers are best at doing this kind of thing. Don't worry; I'll provide you with some evidence and send it to your email later."

She didn't want Gu Yan Feng to negotiate with the Zhou family; it would insult him too much.

Liu Rui Lin said, "Jiang Mi, don't go too far."

But he said it with extremely little confidence.

The Zhou Hao family wasn't particularly powerful, especially those who were bullying; they were afraid of tough resistance. Jiang Mi believed that Liu Rui Lin could handle them.

After thinking for a moment, she said, "How about this, Teacher Lu? You settle things with the Zhou family, and I'll write a self-criticism. I'll admit my mistakes in front of the students to help you save face. What do you think?"

Liu Rui Lin hesitated for a moment and felt a bit tempted.

Pressuring behind the scenes was simple; making disobedient students admit their mistakes publicly was too difficult.

"Teacher Lu, there's only one month left until the college entrance exam," Jiang Mi hinted, "I just want to study well."

Liu Rui Lin didn't know how he agreed, but after Jiang Mi left, he came to his senses and couldn't help but regret a little.

He didn't even figure out who was behind Jiang Mi, and he was easily fooled by a little girl. This shouldn't have happened.

But soon, Liu Rui Lin received an email from Jiang Mi.

Without saying a word, he went to the hospital.

Jiang Mi returned to the classroom, instantly capturing the attention of all her classmates.

The incident of the fight had spread throughout the school, and now, her classmates were both curious and afraid of her.

No one dared to approach her.

The original owner's seat was at the back, and she sat there alone.

This was originally a rejection, but for Jiang Mi, it was something she couldn't wish for more.

Right now, she needs time to study well.

Even the teachers who were teaching that day gave Jiang Mi a few more glances, but no one spoke to her until the end of school.

Jiang Mi didn't care at all. As soon as school was over, she quickly packed her bag and went home.

Gu Yanfeng had already prepared dinner and was waiting for her: "How was school today?"

"Sister Xiaohe didn't report to you?" Jiang Mi deliberately asked.

Gu Yanfeng shook his head: "No. I told them that if there's something they can't handle, they should contact me."

Jiang Mi was a bit surprised: "Are you so confident in me?"

"Facts have proven that you are worthy of my trust, aren't you?" Gu Yanfeng said.

Jiang Mi's heart softened a bit.

"I asked Sister Xiaohe to help me beat someone today." Jiang Mi talked about what happened to Zhou Hao.

Gu Yanfeng didn't comment after hearing it, just asked, "Which Zhou family? Do you need me to handle it?"

"No need, I've already taken care of it." Jiang Mi shook her head.

"Oh? How did you handle it?" Gu Yanfeng was slightly curious this time.

Jiang Mi explained everything in detail and took out her phone to show Gu Yanfeng: "Just now, Teacher Lu sent me a message, saying that the Zhou family has been appeased and won't trouble me again."

Gu Yanfeng, seeing that Liu Rui Lin mentioned spending more than 20,000 on medical expenses, said, "I'll take care of the medical expenses."

"I have money." Jiang Mi hurriedly said, "You gave me so much yesterday."

Gu Yanfeng transferred the 4.46 million returned by Yuan Ze, saying that the number didn't look good, so he rounded it up to 5 million directly, considering it as Jiang Mi's pocket money.

Gu Yanfeng said, "I'll cover the medical expenses. Let's consider this something we do together, okay?"

Jiang Mi felt that there was definitely nothing Gu Yanfeng couldn't accomplish.

After dinner, Jiang Mi went to the study to do her homework, and Gu Yanfeng followed and asked, "Is there anything you don't understand?"

Jiang Mi smiled and shook her head: "I'm writing a self-criticism."

"Why do you need to write a self-criticism?" Gu Yanfeng curiously approached, took a look, and then smiled. He took the pen and crossed out two places, made some modifications, and said, "This way it's more rigorous."

The next day, before the morning meeting, Liu Rui Lin found Jiang Mi: "Where's the promised self-criticism?"

Jiang Mi took out a stack of paper from her hand: "It's ready, several thousand words."

Seeing her good attitude, Liu Rui Lin finally became happy.

At the end of the morning meeting, he called Jiang Mi to the stage for self-criticism.

Jiang Mi was slowly assisted by the female bodyguard to the stage, looking at the seat beside her, "I'm sorry, my foot is not convenient. Can I sit down and speak?"

That was the seat for speaking to leaders.

Students giving self-criticisms should stand... but Jiang Mi's swollen foot was not fake.

Liu Rui Lin: "...Sit."

"Respected teachers and classmates, I am Jiang Mi from Class 6 of the third year. Regarding yesterday's fight incident, I'll explain it to everyone." Jiang Mi sat down and adjusted the height of the microphone, "According to Zhou Hao's medical case, I calculated that the speed of the punches from the young lady was approximately 60 kilometers per hour, and the force was about 200 kg..."

"Jiang Mi!"

"In this way, Zhou classmate doesn't exercise much usually. His reaction speed and tolerance can't even keep up with a girl. Based on this, I make a profound self-criticism. While we are studying, we should also exercise our bodies well to avoid being bullied on campus..."

"You've said enough!"

"Okay, only then can we become talents useful to the country and the people..."

"Quickly turn off her microphone!"

6