Chapter 6: Underhwhelming Encounter
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SLASH…

Cutting down the last zombie soldier of the floor, I let out a sigh.

They were surprisingly much more difficult than the Ogres, having much more speed, brains and most of all, zombie mages.

It had been at least days since the bastard Zed tossed me here.

Though I can't tell exactly how many, I think a week should have passed at least. 

It didn't take me long to figure out that I was thrown into something like a dungeon.

Since I am an Angel, I naturally feel nauseated to any dark type magic, and far better or worse, this place is teeming with it.

If my body was that of a normal Human, I am sure I would have thrown up almost every 5 minutes.

Forget that, I would have died in just a day if this body needed more than just holy energy.

Damn You, Zed!

Sigh…

I guess I did uncover many of my abilities and even gained a few, so it isn't all that bad.

I already had some useful abilities like 〘Light Manipulation〙, 〘Material Creation〙, 〘Possession〙 and 〘Omnilingualism〙, but in the dungeon, I discovered more.

Now, you may be wondering why am I naming my abilities as if I am in a Video Game. The answer to this question is I'm bored… Just kidding.

Apparently, I can set some pre-programmed instructions for an ability, and make it function unconsciously and faster that if I tried to myself on the set instructions.

I mean, before, I had to use one of my Racial abilities, 〘Biology Manipulation〙, to reform the wound, but after I programmed it to heal any wound I might have, I gained passive Regeneration. 

How can I do that you ask?

Apparently, Amira's gift gave me a bunch of gifts and not just one. And of them just happened to be a system that allowed me to appraise something, adapt, and even evolve.

However, the system was customizable, something that helped me pass some days before I could passively regenerate and had to rest and do the healing myself.

I created a panel which displayed all my abilities for convenience, though I never actually had to use it, I mean having a perfect memory was pretty handy. 

During that, I found about the 〘Archive〙 inside the system, which could be used to story information. 

I didn't understand what it would be useful for at first but after a bit of tweaking, it became a damn cheat.

The 〘Archive〙 could not only store information but also alter what's inside it. 

Using that, I could add create commands for my abilities so I could do specific tasks without focusing on them too much, boosting my ability to multitask. 

This also helped me fight better, since I could do much more things at the same time and only spend a single moment to activate a load of abilities at once. 

Not to mention, I even got an inventory, though the system called that that ability 〘Sub-Space Creation〙.

How cool is that?!

"Wait… Is my chunibyo narrator side showing up again?" 

I shook my head viscously, lobbing the embarrassing thoughts out my mind. 

Buzz…

Huh?

My eyes fell upon the crystal, or to be more precise, crystals the goblin just dropped. 

One of them had an unusual purple glimmer instead of the regular red, shimmering in this dim back drop as it pulsated occasionally.

{Appraisal}

I thought in my mind, before a familiar monotonous voice sounded in my head.

〚The Object has similar properties to the barrier of the dungeon〛

Okay Renzer.

I thanked my system, or Renzer, as I had begun to call him these days.

Wait, if this crystal has similar properties to the barrier, can it help me get out?

I thought, my mind flooded with enthusiasm.

Running back to the place where I knew the entry to be, I kept the crystal in my subspace.

Stopping just below a hollow column, I gazed up, and jumped up, using all the might I could muster in my legs.

SWOOSH…

I zoomed through the pillar, landing in a familiar area.

It was the 3rd floor, where I fought a bunch of big bears, but that's a story for another time. 

Each floor was separated, with the only way to cross them being a vertical tunnel which extended up to almost 50 meters.

As I reached the column leading to the, I stopped as my gaze fell to a smother corner near the first Bear I encountered.

That was the place where I sat yesterday, reminiscing about my time with Mom and Dad hours at once.

I nippily shook the thoughts away. 

I was about to get out of this damn place, it brought a smirk to my face, wanting to explore what this world had to offer. 

With these thoughts in mind, I quickly jumped up to the 2nd floor and then the 1st, my heart jovial in delight.

"Huh?"

My voice resonated with my thoughts, as I found myself in the presence of a bunch of… humans?

Their number was 20, which I picked up instantly, along with their strength that clearly overpowered mine.

Wait, they came here, and doesn't look like it was unintentional. Then that means…

"FINALLY SOMEONE CAME"

I threw both of my arms up, making me look stupid, not that I cared.

"Hey, do you know how to get out of here?"

They remained quiet, as an eerie silence fills the air. 

"What?"

Huh?

I quickly jump aside, dodging a Fireball aimed at my head by the red-haired chick.

What the hell? That was way faster than the Fireball.

〚Magic Spell 'Fire Bullet' has been successfully replicated〛

So, that's a different spell. Well, thanks to 〘Magic Replication〙, I did copy it but I don't want to fight them, nor do I think I can, given how fast that one spell was.

"What are you doing, Emberhand?"

I hear the white haired knight roar, putting his hand in front of her, as if trying to stop her.

"Buzz off, that guy's definitely not human" 

The knight turned to me, eyes wide open, as he swiftly prepared to jump within a split-second.

!!!

I shuddered as I found his blade just stopping just an inch before my eyes.

My eyes widened, before they fell upon the hand that stopped it for piercing my head.

"I think that's enough"

A low, yet foreboding voice made a way to my ears, prompting me to look at my savior, not that this blow would have killed me but he did save my body nonetheless.

The person had long black hair that extended to their waist, with blue eyes that gleamed with a visible glow…

Wait, I know him.

That damn bastard came; Wait, does that mean that I have been here for a whole ass month?

I had an urge to punch him right here and now but I still had to deal with these people.

Speaking of that, why didn't they keep attacking? Is it because they were scared of Zed? I wouldn't be surprised since he is a Spirit Dragon.

Just as I had thought, the group were all on their knees, as if they just saw something monstrous before their eyes.

"Isn't that a bit much?"

I was not the type of person to care about some strangers, but their horrified faces were just too much for me to bear.

Zed sighed, turning his head.

"Nah, they're fine. A bunch of S rankers should at least be able to handle that much"

Are you kidding me?! Half of them are already knocked out!

Seeing his oblivious smile, it was clear that it was no use arguing.

Still, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't hold my own against a S-Ranker, but I knew that it was asking too much; especially for a Principality.

However, I had a questioning to do.

"Hey umm… white-haired guy, why did you attack me?"

He turned his head towards my savior warily, who gave him a quick response.

"Just speak, if I wanted to kill you, I would have done that"

He gulped before turning towards me again.

"You were in the Dark Dungeon, which is not accessible to anyone other than the dragon-kin. You also didn't have a Dungeon Gem, so you can't be an adventurer. You didn't have protective gear as well, and nor were you a human. This made us think that you were a Devil"

The white-haired knight, who I had appraised to be 'Clover Grandvale', blurted out. 

Seeing that he was now the only one who wasn't knocked out, I decided to ask him stuff about the world outside, which he gave out pretty easily.

Apparently, this world is going to through an increased activity of dungeons, just like the one I was in and if one of them breaks, all of them do at the same time and monsters can begin their onslaught without being hindered by the barrier keeping them in. 

Also, to enter and exit a dungeon, you needed to have a Dungeon Gem, which was apparently the purple crystal I had picked up earlier.

And because of this, the 4 Great Nations, which were the 4 major kingdoms here, sent a bunk of S-ranked adventurers.

No wonder they were stronger than me, or at least faster. Still, if they are S-ranked, then why are they fainting at Zed's Aura, a Spirit dragon can't be that strong...right?

As if hearing my thoughts, he turned to me with a punchable face adorning a smug grin.

"Hmm... Nothing"

Damn bastard?!

SIGH...

Ignoring a certain gut feeling telling me that something bad is going to happen, I consider my next step of adventure in this new world.

I guess the next step would be to go the outside world at last----

2