Chapter 18 – A week later
220 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Whoops, got carried away. I had this chapter almost ready a day or two ago so i finished it today hope you enjoy and have a nice read

I also made some decisions that i think will make this segment more interesting in regards to this universe, so it is not exactely a marvel universe, but it is kind of a few things  AU

Inanis waited, each day "sleeping" and "waking up", going to the homeless shelter and talking with Bruce then wandering the city, but as she had money this time, she made a few purchases, but they were mostly foods and a few small decorative items so she put all of them in her inventory and went do her business.

The day her documents would be ready soon came around, and she could just teleport to the identity dealer from across the entire city, but she choses to go the the alley to the side of his bar on foot and then teleport inside the room from there, and she did exactly that.

Despite the fact that the identity dealer named Richard have been through this two times previously, he still got a scare this time, specially because of the fact that it was 23:51 in the night, and the only reason he did not get a bigger scare was because he was expecting her arrival.

It would be a lie if it was said that she did not enjoy his reactions a little, but she only came for business and did not tease him further, she approached Richard's desk and he took a package from a drawer in his desk with somewhat shaky hands and said to her with pride in his work.

"It's all here, birth certificate, ID, school diploma, passport and the essential documents, the online side of things is also done, we put a picture of a woman with similar features as you, but... i think it will not become a problem"

Inanis took the package and examined the documents, Richard was tense because she seemed to be examining the documents as if she was an expert in the subject, but after a minute or two she was done and did not say anything about the quality of the documents but instead asked about new documents.

"How much it would cost to make documents for a newborn child, and also put it in the official systems?"

Richard chose to be honest and said "15k"

From Richard's point of view Inanis simply reached behind her back and pulled a handful of cash and proceeded to place it on his desk, his thoughts on this were 'This woman for sure is a mystery '

He wasn't going to doubt or question her, but it was just his nature to try to not be a fool during business, so he checked the money and there was in fact 15k there, and after he finished counting Inanis said "Her name will be Frida Revna, put her as being my daughter that was born a month ago"

Richard simply nodded and Inanis continued "It's very likely that i will come here again to sell more gems to you as our business went well, but on another note, just out of curiosity, someone with connections like you wouldn't know somebody that sells buildings such as small hotels, without asking too many questions?"

Richard was almost smiling from ear to ear in response to this opportunity to make business and connections at the same time, he responded her with "Actually, fortunately i also have a real states business, and luckily i have a few good building available right here" He said as he got up and searched documents into a file cabinet to his side.

After a few seconds of searching, Richard seemed to have found 7 specific files the which he put on top of his desk, presenting them to Inanis before sitting back down on his chair. At some point the documents Inanis was holding vanished without Richard noticing, so Inanis proceeded to analyzing the documents, they were just were documents detailing things about a few available hotels to buy, their cost, the number of rooms and the like, Inanis was searching for a relatively small one, one that would not bring much attention and that was somewhat cheap, and she did find the perfect one, it was a 10 stores high hotel that had a entrance into a alley close to the city center, it costed 975k, despite being not so small and not so cheap, it was quite discrete, which Inanis liked, so she said to Richard "I will be taking this one", she put the file on his desk and bent down in front of his desk as if picking something up just out of his vision, to Richard confusion she indeed picked something up, a briefcase that she opened and showed to him, it was filled with 100 dollar notes and despite Richard swearing that there wasn't a briefcase there moments ago he chose to ignore it and did a superficial count of the money, his calculations came to around a million, the price of the building.

"Please wait just a moment, i will get the building's documents" Richard said while he got up and started searching in a file cabinet close to his desk.

He retrieved a few documents and keys and gave them to Inanis, he added "You can use the building right now, but it will take 2 days to update the systems, and something i almost forgot to mention, is that the child's documents will be ready in a week"

Inanis said "Thank you for your work, if you need me i will be in the hotel, see you again in 7 days" and then leaved Richard's bar, while Richard relaxed his tense muscles and was making preparation to go sleep, Inanis went to the hotel building she just purchased and upon arriving, instead of making a [Gate] to her dimension she just entered the reception room with her keys and made her usual sleeping set of bed, sheets and pillow and proceeded to "sleep" at the reception room.

...

Soon came the next day, 11/07/1996 to be more precise, it was 07:00 on a winter morning when Inanis woke up, she immediately started the preparations for the day, she removed her sleeping set and went outside the hotel, she closed the doors behind her and conjured a [Gate] right in front of the door of the hotel without leaving a centimeter off, it had the appearance similar to the hotel's doors so if anybody entered it, they would think they are just passing by the front doors, it has the appearance of a double door made of dark wood with wooden handles and having intricate carvings across it's length, it was exiting right to the wall of the reception room in the [Personal dimension] where the doors to the grass plains where, so when open, people would be facing the reception room like if they were entering from the normal doors maintaining the illusion.

She opened the double door and took out some plant vases and put them to the side of the doors on the alleyway, deciding that the entrance was rather empty and lifeless, she made a doormat that said "welcome" which seemed to make the suspicious alley more welcoming.

But as she was going to enter through the [Gate] she noticed two suspicious groups of people entering the alley through both end at the same time walking towards Inanis, this on itself is suspicious but what made more intriguing to Inanis was that they were in another dimension, or to be more accurate, they were in another "layer" of this dimension, and as if that wasn't enough, each of them seemed to have souls stronger than an average human, with minds that were fortresses fortified with arcane arts and magical energies, and despite their bodies being mostly hidden by the robes they were wearing, they couldn't hide their strong bodies that belonged to seasoned warriors from her piercing gaze.

{four minutes earlier}

A woman was calmly drinking tea in her room when a man suddenly barged in and said with urgency and seriousness in his voice:

"Master! We just detected a passage being open to a unknow realm, it was detected close to the city center! From what we analyzed the dimension seems to belong to a unknown powerful entity, but luckily it seems like it did not have any huge impact as no commotion was detected until now"

This so called "Master" put down her tea and said "Prepare the necessary and let's depart, but as always, let's use a more diplomatic approach, it must have been done by someone, if they have done it with nefarious intentions we strike, but if they did it with good intentions we can work together if necessary, but be vigilant, to open such portals you always need something valuable as sacrifice"

Then both of them went to the halls of their building where many different people dressed similar to them were waiting in formation, strangely, all of them had a face full of calmness and resolve without a shred of fear or doubt, contrary to the behavior of someone would have if they were about to go face a unknow person or group of people that supposedly opened a portal to an unknow realm with unknow variables, they seemed to be ready to face any unknows situation at hand and also seemed to be quite adept in dealing with the strange situations as they seemed to be treating this as a everyday occurrence.

The "Master" said "Let's depart!" and a orange portal appeared in front of her and another appeared in front of the group in formation, which they entered without hesitation and proceeded to vanish from this world one by one.

At the same instante they entered the portals, they exited in another location, a street close to their destination, they separated into two groups, one led by the woman and the other led by the man from earlier, their destination was a alleyway that granted passage between a few buildings, each group entered with caution by each side of the alleyway without being noticed by the people walking by the street, as if they weren't there.

And instead of a ritual site, or a bunch of crazy cultists they were expecting, there was only a tall woman looking around in front of a door in the middle of the alley, they still remained tense but approached nonetheless.

Most of the newer members relaxed a little as there was no alien god, a rift in space, or dangerous people around the area, but they tensed up again as they noticed that the lone woman was following their movements with her gaze, something that should not be possible as they were in another layer of reality, contrary to their expectations, the woman did nothing for a few dozen seconds and only looked at each of the groups, but again the newer ones and some of the more experienced took a battle stance as the woman broke the silence by talking to them, which again, should be impossible, for a normal person that is.

"Well, if you guys aren't going to talk, this is going to last the entire day, so, how can i help you?" The woman said

Without leaving the peculiar layer of reality, the "Master" spoke as a representative of the groups:

"We detected a passage being opened to a unknow and possibly dangerous realm in this area, and in almost all the similar cases, something bad tries to pass through it to enter our realm, and i don't know who invoked something like you, but i would like that you return to you realm"

The man from previously said in confusion "Master?", but before he could ask further, the leader of the group made a gesture with her hand and the eyes of the member from both groups glowed with a orange light momentarily, and it was obvious that they were shown something, something that scared them, as their response was to tighten the grip on their weapons, take a step back and cast magical shields, and despite most of  them believing that the shield would be useless against what they saw, they did it anyways for a false sense of security.

The mysterious woman response was to jokingly try to cover her intimate parts and say "Rude! Now i have to deal with a bunch of perverts!" but she immediately dropped the act and said "Jokes aside, despite the misunderstandings, i have a good idea as to what you are referring to. I wasn't summoned here by anyone, but it was me who opened the passage, you don't have to worry about the other side as it is a empty realm so no big scary monster coming here, the passage is the door behind me if you are want to look at it" she pointed to the door behind her 

she continued before putting a smartphone like device on the ground that nobody saw where she got it from and entered the door that leads to a unknow place "I will be in the reception desk if you want to talk some more. I believe you know what a smartphone is, so i will leave it here, my number is in the contact list as "Inanis", and feel free to enter the hotel, or to analyze the door with whatever means you have, i don't mind"

After The woman named Inanis entered what she called a hotel, the group leader scanned the device from a distance by making hand gestures and creating a few magic circles in the air, and after confirming the device poses no apparent danger she walked to it and picked it up, after examining it for a few more seconds she put it in her pocket and went to the doors, she did the same examination to the door and gestured for the other people to do the same, after a few minutes of examination they found nothing out of the "normal" so the leader gestured for the groups to enter through the door, the which they did with tense muscles expecting the unknowable or dangerous environment they will encounter, but their expectations were betrayed, what they saw was a simple reception room with a few couches a reception desk where Inanis was sitting behind it, a corridor that made a turn to somewhere and curiously, a door that seemed to lead to a grass plain to the side of the door they entered, the group leader gave a few silent commands and a few members of the group separated and went to explore the corridor, the leader again gestured for the rest, but to sit in the couches this time while she went and talked to Inanis at the front desk.

Upon getting to the reception desk the leader directly asked Inanis "If you weren't summoned, how you arrived here? And what business someone like would have here? as beings like you are somewhat uncommon in this realm, things that would warrant you attention are even more uncommon".

Inanis responded by saying "I simply moved here on my own, but my business here are very simple, my wife ended up here, so i came to see her, but for a reason or another i decided to open this hotel, by the way, you and your disciples are welcome to spend a day here, it only costs 8 dollars per day! per person of course".

The woman in robes was not so surprised by the fact that the mysterious woman talked as if she knew who she was, as she is quite famous in many different groups, but just out of curiosity she asked "You talk as if you knew me?"

Inanis responded again "I do know a little about you, and many other things- a fun fact: some people like to call you "TAO" as "The ancient one" is too long", the reaction from TAO was only a amused look, but her gaze remained focused on Inanis, ready for anything.

She came here to investigate the situation surrounding the mysterious realm so she asked Inanis a few more questions:

"I have a few more questions, are there others like you in this realm or that are going to go to earth? You wife, is she human? And the most important one, will you be a danger to earth and it's inhabitants?"

Inanis seemed to be enjoying this talk a little, but she did not let it show that much and answered honestly

"As i said, this realm is empty, and it is protected so other can't enter without my permission or they can't enter if not through that door", she pointed to the door that the TAO group entered from and continued speaking "Probably there is others of my kind out there somewhere, but i never seen one and i don't know if any will ever come to this earth. My wife is human, from what i saw. I won't go around actively causing trouble, but if i find someone worthy of death, then i will probably kill them, but no innocents will die in my presence"

TAO was satisfied with the given answers as if she could detect lies and she said "For now that will all the questions" then she proceeded to sit on one of the couches with her apprentices, and after 7 minutes the apprentices who went explore the corridor returned without visible problems, they approached TAO in the couch and each gave a report on what they discovered and after the reports were finished TAO said the the group "Let's return", some were hesitant to leave that being roam their realm freely, but followed their master's orders nonetheless, they exited the hotel and then opened the orange portals that lead to somewhere close to their base and Inanis was left alone at the reception desk.

While Inanis was sitting at the reception desk she took the opportunity that her realm was now connected to the outside and started working on making computers that had access to the internet and also making "smart TVs", she also started on updating her [Silk] smartphones to have access to not only it's own global network but also have access to the internet and telephonic network, but as she already made a global network to the... well, it would be somewhat rude to keep referencing to Freya's world as "the previous world" or "Freya's world" as it would not be making justice to the incredible world that it is, so let's call it by one of it's most famous cities, "Carônél" the capital of the central continent. Getting back on track, she already did a global network for the [Silk] devices in Carônél so making one for this was as easy as baking a cake.

At the same time, she started making business cards with the hotel name and address, she decided to name the hotel "Revna Hotel" as a homage to her wife, but to also make people think it was just named after her own name, it took no time at all to make a few hundreds cards, so she made a clone and started making a uniform for the hotel staff, that is... only her, it ended up looking like a normal formal suit with a symbol of a circle with arrows piercing it while pointing to it's center on it's left chest, the symbol was almost identical to the logo of a certain organization, but as she would not encounter them nowhere in the near future she thought that it was ok to use it for the time being.

...

After 5 hours she was finished with the computers and the [Silk] phones, in fact, she only took so long that she got carried away and ended making games for the pc, both with a normal version and "VR" version where the user becomes unconscious and "dreams" the game but one feature she added was that one hour in the outside world would be 10 days in-game, she ended making a few of the popular games from her Earth.

But now that she finished her chores she again thought of something, advertising the hotel, she chose to use a more discrete means and ended making a few posters that had the address of the hotel with a drawing to clarify the location, the name of the hotel and the price for a day, and a few texts to make it more appealing, the read as the following:

"A safe place where the innocent is welcomed, a place free of judgement or prejudice, for only 8 dollars per day you will have a place to call home"

"Free food! As long you are a paying customer."

"1 room alone is enough for a family of four! It has everything you need!"

"Security is not a problem, you could drop a nuke on the hotel and it would be safe!" 

As the posters were made of [Silk] she put an effect that allowed for anyone to understand the posters, she then made a clone wearing the hotel uniform and made it go around the city sticking the posters to light poles and on a few walls of some alleyways, but she wasn't expecting much from the posters in regards to the amount of clients they would bring so she was thinking that she would get most of her clients through direct invitation and from clients spreading info about the hotel to their friends, and she already had  someone in mind that she would invite.

5