Chapter 23.1 – A whoopsie
93 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Surprise! A new extra something, it isn't exactly a chapter but more of a cool detail for the story.

I did it mainly because of a suggestion of a reader but also because I thought it would fit well with what happens on chapter... 26... if I am not mistaken(I am quite forgetful), this is a obvious foreshadowing and also because I thought it would be cool, but yeah, have a nice read ^3^

Have you heard of the term “go down in history”?

If you don't know, it refers to something that will be remembered for generations and/or had an impact that will be documented and passed generation after generation.

Normally, when a big enough event happens it indeed “goes down in history”.

but oftentimes such events are hidden from the public, they still “go down in history” but not the public one.

Those events that are hidden from the population are almost always supernatural in nature

an angel's descent becomes nothing more than a rumor or lie, a demon summon that results in dozens of deaths becomes the work of a serial killer or crazy cult.

A wizard battle that destroyed a building becomes a gas leak that explodes.

Spirit possessions become mental disorders.

The supernatural have been on earth even before humans did, so humans had to adapt to it.

Through human history they often got together and formed groups, religions, cults, organizations and the like to combat, become or hide the supernatural. 

These groups varied from a wizard, mage or sorcerer organization that combated the forces of “evil”, to a corporation that did supernatural services for money.

In ancient times kings and emperors always had one of such groups working for them, sometimes they themselves created such groups for their domain, sometimes the organization just sent some of their members to help the king or emperor.

You must be wondering why I am telling all of this to you.

The reason is simple enough.

Someone did a woopsie that won't be forgotten for some time.

By that i meant that a huge supernatural event happened and the person who caused it might not even know it.

And the secret supernatural organizations that keep an eye on the world at all times couldn't not miss it even if they wanted, in fact, almost everyone outside of your normal human became aware of this event.

At exactly 08:16 of 12/07/1996 of the New York time zone, across multiple secret organizations sites, a spike in a specific type of energy was detected all over the world at the same time, that energy was associated with emotions and anger more specifically, another emotion was detected in equal amounts but it wasn't identified quite clearly which one it was.

The curious thing is that the weaker detection equipment got fried immediately and the more robust ones also got fried but some managed to record the energy spike for a single second or less, and as those organizations often kept each other informed about important things, the news got around fast.

But those human organizations weren't the only one who noticed this event.

Every mage, wizard, sorcerer and especially the empaths in the entire world immediately felt the emotion that came from somewhere and everywhere at once.

Most were confused as to what it meant but still believed that it was bad news to have anyone this angry at something, or being capable of emitting anger on such obscene levels for that matter.

And the older organizations like the sorcerer order The ancient one runs thought it was even worse news because they knew that to emit such anger on such levels, said being needed to be at least on the level of a elder god, yes, those that were banished from the earthly plane long ago, so their immediate response was to check the world barrier that kept the likes of Dormammu from invading Earth for any breach or damage and make preparations for the worst.

But the ones who got it the worst were the magical and supernatural beings across the entire world, specially the fae.

There are many supernatural communities on earth with millions of inhabitants.

But the moment the absurdly pure and dense anger was detected by the supernatural and magical creatures, their first instinct was to freeze with the stronger ones being the exception, they stopped in the middle of walking, talking, eating, they even held their breath in fear.

Instead of panicking, they stayed frozen mostly in anticipation, being the most sensitive was good as it is bad, while the anger hit them the hardest they also could feel that there was something holding back the strange emotion they were being assaulted with. 

They also could feel that the anger was resisting this something that was holding it back, and they were praying to their elders and gods that the anger didn't win against this unknown savior.

Being the least sensitive, the normal humans were clueless to their imminent doom, the only side effect they had was that the global population became a little more docile for a few moments.

But to the relief of every person who could feel the supernatural anger, it suddenly stopped a few moments after it appeared.

The magical community gave a collective sigh of relief as the world wasn't showing any sign of ending nor it appeared that an apocalypse was approaching.

The ancient one’s order were both relieved and confused in equal amounts as the world barrier was intact and strong as ever and this unknown elder god didn't show up.

The supernatural creatures returned to normal as if released from a stasis spell, they could feel that what was holding back the anger had somehow won, everyone knew that a party to celebrate surviving this was basically obligatory and for sure their leaders would be bombarded with questions about this event.

Things on such a scale normally would go down in history quite easily, but as it was mostly unknown why? The where? The how? And the who? Of this event, it would still cause waves across the magical and supernatural world but would not be something widely known for generations to come like events on such scale tends to be.

You might have noticed something.

I said “mostly unknown”.

While the equipment got fried and couldn't get a proper reading at the energy, it still identified that the source was somewhere in New York.

The stronger supernatural creatures like true dragons, royal vampires and obviously the higher member of the fae courts could tell where was the anger's source, because if people as strong as them couldn't tell the source of the strongest emotion wave that was felt in the last 10 thousand years that wasn't even trying to hide itself, it would be beyond embarrassing.

The worst of it all?

It was that the anger was so pure and dense that it was quite literally spilling into the neighboring dimensions and realms, which didn't go unnoticed by a few beings who were keeping an eye on Earth.

The only good thing was that while it was a pure and dense anger that spilled over Earth's neighboring dimensions and realms, it actually didn't go far beyond Earth's limits, in the earthly realm where it happened, it could still reach to around a little over the moon's distance and nothing more.

The only reason it could be felt across the entire world and don't have any bad consequence like people dying from the emotion pressure was that while it overcompensated with density and purity it lacked a lot of quantity

because if such anger so pure and dense were to be released in huge quantities in a place like New York, it would literally obliterate the souls of those nearby, the amount of damage would depend on the quantity of the emotion, it could go from a city being lost, to the entire continent or maybe the world, and it would for sure obliterate ants, dogs, humans, fae, basically anything even remotely close by without discrimination. 

To give a better perspective, if a normal calm human anger quantity was 0 and an angry one was 10, the quantity of anger that was emanated by whoever caused this event would be a measly 26, just to give an idea how little it was, but it for sure compensated in density and purity.

It might seem a lot but remember that it is using a human as comparison, even humans themselves can feel far more than 26 in the anger quantity scale.

Whoever was the source of that anger for sure was going to receive a few visits from a few interesting people in the near future.

3