Chapter 16
338 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The plaza buzzes with excitement as families gather, many accompanied by children around 10 years old. In the center of the plaza, a stage has been set up, drawing the attention of the arriving crowd. Two individuals sit on the stage, facing the eager children and their parents, guardians, or mentors. The atmosphere is filled with anticipation, suggesting that an event or performance is about to begin.

"Many children aspire to become full cultivators," a man stated.

"There are more compared to the previous gathering," was added by the elderly man beside him.

"You're right, Elder Master Yu Yan," the man acknowledged.

"Alright, let's start so we can finish; I have something else to do," Elder Master Yu Yan responded.

With that, one of his aides was instructed to sound the gong, signaling the beginning of the spirit root, bone marrow, and bloodline scanning. The aide ascended the stage and positioned himself in the center with the gong—a circular metal percussion instrument with a turned-down rim. Once set up, the gong was struck.

Gong... Gong... Gong... Gong...

The resonating sound filled the plaza, capturing everyone's attention. People were drawn to the stage by the sound. When the gong finally ceased, the man rose from his seat, signaling the next phase of the event.

The town's lord, dressed in flowing crimson robes adorned with golden dragons, commanded attention with his imposing stature and ornate jewelry, signifying his regal authority. A magnificent crown rested atop his head, symbolizing his noble lineage and commitment to the town's prosperity.

"I am Lord Sun Hao," he declared, gesturing to his right.

Beside him stood Elder Master Yu Yan from the Flaming Sun Sect, a towering figure draped in crimson and gold robes. His eyes blazed with the intensity of fire, and his silver hair flowed like molten metal. Wisps of flame danced around him with every step, enhancing his fiery presence. He wielded a scepter adorned with blazing gemstones, symbolizing his authority over fire.

As he introduced him, Elder Master Yu Yan raised his right hand slightly, acknowledging the crowd's attention.

Lord Sun Hao continued, "I know, and you know as well, why we are gathered here today. Today marks the scanning of spirit roots, bone marrow, and bloodlines for children aged 10 who aspire to become cultivators, and Elder Master Yu Yan will explain the importance and significance of these elements in a cultivator's body."

The old man immediately stood up from his seat and took center stage to explain the benefits of the scanning that would take place later.

....

....

Far from the plaza, three individuals are walking towards it. One of them is holding the hands of two children, and the two children are following her while holding her hands. When they arrive at the plaza, the three stop.

"Hushhh..."

"It looks like we got here just in time," said the lady while looking at the two children.

"You're right, big sister," Li Lu replied to her, while Madara just nodded in response to his sister.

"Even though I've explained things to you already, still listen because not everything I've said and taught you is complete, okay?"

The two children immediately responded to her and focused their attention on the elder on the stage.

....

....

After the elder explained why it is important to know and understand the significance of having these qualities in a cultivator's body, he added more to his explanation:

"Now, here is the basis for determining the grade or rarity of your spirit root:

Uncommon Spiritual Root: This is the baseline level, indicating that the individual possesses some degree of spiritual talent, albeit not exceptional. They may still be able to cultivate and progress, but they might face more challenges compared to those with higher-tier spiritual roots.

Common Spiritual Root: Slightly better than uncommon, but still not extraordinary. Individuals with common spiritual roots may find it easier to progress in cultivation compared to those with uncommon roots, but they are still considered average in the grand scheme of things.

Rare Spiritual Root: Rare spiritual roots are significantly better than common ones and are sought after by many cultivators. They possess above-average talent and potential, making cultivation smoother and faster for those who possess them.

Exceptional Spiritual Root: These are spiritual roots that are exceptional, even among rare ones. Cultivators with exceptional spiritual roots possess remarkable talent and potential, allowing them to advance rapidly in cultivation and achieve great heights.

Peerless Spiritual Root: This tier represents spiritual roots that are unparalleled and almost mythical in their rarity and power. Cultivators with peerless spiritual roots are destined for greatness, often becoming legendary figures in the world.

....

And here is the rarity and grade of nature affinity in the spirit root and the possession of two or more nature affinities in the spirit root:

Uncommon Nature Affinity: Wind, Wood, Water, and Earth

Common Nature Affinity: Fire, Lightning, and Metal

Rare Nature Affinity: Light, Darkness, and Ice

....

Uncommon: having one-nature affinity

Common: having two nature affinities

Rare: having three or more nature affinities in the spirit root

....

"Now, let's discuss the basis for determining the grade or rarity of your bone marrow:

Ordinary Bone Marrow: This is the baseline level, indicating average bone marrow quality. Cultivators with ordinary bone marrow may still possess some degree of talent, but they are not exceptional in this regard.

Refined Bone Marrow: Slightly better than ordinary, refined bone marrow indicates that the cultivator's bone marrow has been cultivated to a higher degree through special techniques or training. This results in increased resilience and the potential for further enhancement.

Strong Bone Marrow: Cultivators with strong bone marrow possess above-average resilience and vitality. Their bone marrow is more robust and efficient at absorbing spiritual energy, leading to faster cultivation progress and a stronger foundation.

Exceptional Bone Marrow: This tier represents bone marrow of exceptional quality, surpassing the norm by a significant margin. Cultivators with exceptional bone marrow have innate advantages in cultivation, allowing them to achieve greater heights with relative ease.

Peerless Bone Marrow: Peerless bone marrow is extremely rare and coveted by cultivators. Those who possess it have unparalleled resilience, vitality, and compatibility with cultivation techniques. They are destined for greatness and often become legendary figures in the world.

....

And finally, the possession of a bloodline:

Common Bloodline: This is the baseline level, indicating a bloodline that is relatively common and unremarkable. Cultivators with common bloodlines may possess some minor advantages or abilities, but they are not considered exceptional in the cultivation world.

Uncommon Bloodline: Slightly better than common, uncommon bloodlines are rarer and may grant their bearers more noticeable advantages or abilities. Cultivators with uncommon bloodlines might have unique traits or talents that set them apart from the average cultivator.

Rare Bloodline: Cultivators with rare bloodlines possess bloodlines that are highly sought after and coveted by others in the cultivation world. Rare bloodlines often grant significant advantages or abilities that can greatly enhance a cultivator's strength and potential.

Exceptional Bloodline: Exceptional bloodlines are even rarer and more powerful than rare ones. Cultivators with exceptional bloodlines have innate talents and abilities that surpass those of the majority of cultivators, allowing them to achieve remarkable feats and accomplishments.

"And you might wonder how to determine if a cultivator has a rare or peerless spirit root, bone marrow, and bloodline. It's with the help of..."

Elder Master Yu Yan immediately took out the Divine Eye Mirror from his storage ring and explained its function. The people were amazed to hear about it. After that, he spoke again to the children who aspire to become cultivators.

"Don't expect the Divine Eye Mirror to be wrong or to have errors because it has been used for a thousand years and has never failed. If a cultivator has an uncommon spiritual root, ordinary bone marrow, and common bloodline, expect that they will have a hard time getting accepted into a sect. If they are accepted, consider it a blessing; otherwise, maybe it's not destined for them to become a cultivator."

"But remember that success in cultivation is not solely determined by the rarity of one's spirit root and bone marrow, but rather by the cultivator's dedication, perseverance, and inner strength."

"Cultivators can rise to prominence, achieve enlightenment, and leave a lasting legacy through their contributions and accomplishments in the cultivation realm."

"Alright, everyone, let's keep our spirits high. If there are no further questions, let's begin."

Immediately, he directed the group of ten-year-old children to form an orderly line beneath the stage. They moved quickly, responding to his instructions with discipline and obedience.

....

"Madara, Li Lu, please line up with the others," Xiao Yun's instructions were clear and firm as she gestured towards the queue.

A look of confusion crossed Madara's face as he glanced at his sister. "But, sister, where will you go?"

"I will be heading to one of the shops to sell some medicinal herbs," she responded.

With curiosity evident in her eyes, Li Lu asked, "Big sister Yun, why weren't we shown the herbs when we arrived?"

Xiao Yun smiled mysteriously, revealing a small storage ring. "They are right here. I will explain later how everything fits inside; for now, just focus on joining the line."

Understanding dawned on Madara and Li Lu, who quickly complied, making their way to join the orderly queue.

12