Chapter 21
306 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That morning, Xiao Yun was baking snacks for her little brother in the kitchen because she knew he was pondering which cultivator he was.

"Hushh," she whispered, wiping the sweat off her forehead with her right hand.

"Finally finished. Let me taste if it's just right."

So she took one and put it in her mouth.

"It tastes just right, and I'm sure he'll like it."

She prepared it and went to Madara's room, carrying her cooked food. When she reached his room, she knocked three times.

"Knock, knock, knock..."

"Madara, it's your sister, Xiao Yun. Can I come in?"

He immediately answered his sister's question. So she opened the door, while one hand was holding the food she was carrying. Upon entering, she noticed her brother was lost in thought, as if pondering deeply.

"Have your favorite spirit fruit pastry and celestial tea."

....

"Spirit fruit pastry," made from the delicate flesh of the spirit fruit found in the nearby forests. These pastries are filled with sweetened fruit preserves and baked until golden brown.

"Celestial tea" is made from rare herbs and flowers gathered from the highest peaks. This tea is said to align one's qi and promote mental clarity.

....

She said this as she walked toward the desk. When it was placed, Madara took it and immediately ate it. While he was eating, Xiao Yun glanced at the notebook where she had put her food.

Out of curiosity about its contents, she took it slowly, and when she had it in her hands, she looked at her little brother.

"Can I see what's inside this notebook?"

Madara nodded as he ate the spirit fruit pastry.

Upon opening it, it contained the two cultivator types and their explanation. And she thought this might be what her brother was choosing from, so she looked at it again.

"Are these the two cultivator types you think would suit you?"

He just nodded because his mouth was full of fruit pastry.

"I know you're confused about which of these two suits you, so do you want advice from me?"

After finishing the food and drink prepared by his sister for him, only then did Madara speak in response to her question.

"Can you, sister?"

"Of course, but after I explain it to you and you can decide which cultivator you want to be, and if you realize it is not suited to you, don't blame me in the end, okay? "

Madara nodded at the warning his sister gave him because he couldn't decide between the two.

"Let's start with the sword cultivator and discuss its advantages and disadvantages, and of course, I'll share based on my experience and also from my peaceful father, who is also a sword cultivator."

....

~Advantages of Choosing to Be a Swordsman (Sword Cultivator):

"Swordsmen often focus on intricate techniques and forms, allowing them to exploit weaknesses in their opponents' defenses with precise strikes."

"They can wield various types of swords, each with unique abilities, granting them versatility in combat situations."

"And they prioritize speed and agility, enabling them to swiftly maneuver around opponents and evade attacks."

"While primarily specializing in close combat, swordsmen can also engage in mid-range combat, utilizing their swords to strike from a distance."

~Disadvantages of Choosing to Be a Swordsman (Sword Cultivator):

"Swordsmen heavily rely on their swords for combat, making them vulnerable if disarmed or if their weapon is damaged or destroyed."

"While skilled in close combat, swordsmen may struggle against opponents with superior strength or martial arts skills in close-quarters combat."

"Some sword techniques may require the consumption of spiritual energy or cultivation resources, making prolonged battles potentially draining."

....

"This information came from my father's friend, who is a body cultivator. My father told me about it because, like you, I also ended up in a situation where I had to choose between being a sword cultivator or a body cultivator."

~Advantages of Choosing to Be a Body refiner (Body Cultivator):

"Body cultivators focus on enhancing their physical bodies, granting them immense strength, endurance, and resilience to withstand attacks."

"They excel in close-quarters combat, relying on their physical prowess to overpower opponents with brute force and martial arts techniques, and they can fight effectively even without weapons, relying solely on their fists, kicks, and body techniques."

"Also, body cultivators often rely on their internal energy, requiring fewer external resources for combat."

~Disadvantages of Choosing to Be a Body refiner (Body Cultivator):

"They may struggle against opponents who specialize in long-range attacks or magic, as their focus on close combat limits their ability to defend against such attacks."

....

While Xiao Yun was discussing it with him, Madara quietly analyzed the advantages and disadvantages of the two cultivator types if he were to choose one.

"They are both good, of course; all cultivator types have their advantages and disadvantages to consider. But I noticed that my sister is only focusing on the strengths and weaknesses of these two types. She's not focusing on who the person is using them, like their status in life, whether they come from a powerful or prestigious family, or if they come from a simple and unsupported background."

"Hmm... status in life, prestige, and power."

"They end up in that state because they have enough resources to meet their needs."

"Resources?...wait..... that's it."

"If we base this on resources, since all cultivator types need resources to expedite their cultivation or to sustain the cultivation type they've chosen."

"I'll just wait for my sister to finish what she's saying so I can ask her about it."

....

"While powerful in close combat, body cultivators may lack the versatility of swordsmen, who can employ a variety of weapons and techniques."

"Body cultivators, especially those who prioritize strength and endurance, may be slower and less agile compared to swordsmen, making it harder to evade attacks or pursue agile opponents."

....

After she finished explaining, Madara then asked her about it.

"Sister, who needs the most resources between these two?"

"I don't know, but..."

"Sword cultivators heavily rely on high-quality swords and other spiritual weapons to enhance their combat prowess. These weapons are often crafted from rare materials imbued with spiritual energy, requiring significant resources to obtain or create."

"They require access to cultivation techniques specifically tailored for swordsmanship. These techniques may be passed down through martial sects or obtained through rare scrolls or manuals, which can be valuable and sought after."

"Many sword techniques and abilities require the use of spiritual energy, which can be cultivated through meditation, absorbing spiritual essences from the environment, or consuming spiritual pills or elixirs. Gathering and refining spiritual energy can be time-consuming and resource-intensive."

"On the other hand, body cultivators often require rare herbs, plants, and other natural ingredients to concoct pills, elixirs, and medicinal brews that enhance their physical strength and cultivate their bodies. These ingredients are often difficult to find and may require dangerous expeditions into remote or dangerous areas."

"They need access to specialized training grounds, cultivation chambers, or training manuals that focus on physical conditioning and martial arts techniques. These resources help them strengthen their bodies, refine their techniques, and unlock new levels of power."

"Injuries sustained during intense training or battles can hinder a body cultivator's progress. Therefore, they often require access to spiritual medicine, healing pills, or regenerative elixirs to aid in recovery and ensure they can continue their cultivation without setbacks."

....

"That's all I know regarding your question, Madara. I hope it helps."

He simply nodded at what his sister said. And when she saw this, she continued her explanation.

....

"And lastly, their power output."

"In terms of attack power, it's difficult to definitively say whether swordsmen or body cultivators have the highest output, as it depends on various factors such as the cultivator's level of cultivation, their mastery of techniques, and the specific circumstances of the battle."

"Swordsmen can deliver devastating attacks with their swords, utilizing precision strikes, techniques, and sometimes even elemental or magical enhancements."

"Their attacks often focus on targeting vital points, exploiting weaknesses in defenses, and delivering swift, lethal blows. Some sword techniques may also have the ability to unleash powerful energy waves or elemental attacks, further enhancing their offensive capabilities."

"And body cultivators rely on their physical strength and martial prowess to deliver powerful blows using their fists, kicks, and body techniques."

"Lastly, they can exhibit incredible feats of strength and speed, capable of overpowering opponents with sheer force and agility. Through cultivation, body cultivators can enhance their bodies to extraordinary levels, allowing them to unleash devastating strikes that can shatter defenses and break through barriers."

....

"We'll end the discussion here. I hope it helps you decide which cultivator you want to be, Madara."

As she gathered and placed Madara's plate and cup on the tray, she remembered something else she wanted to tell her brother.

"Before I forget, while I was out earlier, I heard that a lot of people admired and enjoyed what you played. Because of that, you've become famous in our village because you played the flute the other day."

"Don't worry, I told Li Lu not to reveal that it was you who played that day."

"And whatever decision you make, I'll always support you," she said with a smile as she left Madara's room.

Madara couldn't help but smile at what he heard from his sister. After a few moments of silence, he refocused on what he would choose between the two.

"From what I heard from my sister, both of them require resources."

"But what stands out between the two is the body cultivator because it requires rare herbs, elixirs, spiritual medicine, healing pills, or regenerative elixirs."

"For others with a luxurious lifestyle or connections, it might not be a big deal, but for us, it's hard to get these things because we're not rich or well-connected."

"Moreover, body cultivators may be slower and less agile compared to swordsmen, making it harder to evade attacks or pursue agile opponents."

"Additionally, I don't want to rely solely on my bloodline (Sharingan) just to dodge fast attacks. Plus, I don't even know when my bloodline will awaken."

Madara fell silent momentarily as he pondered.

"Looks like I've made my choice..."

 

 

9