Chapter 25
197 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While in deep meditation, Madara couldn't shake off thoughts of his battle with the direwolf.

"I didn't expect my fight to last so long. What if I were to face a cultivator next? Would the outcome be similar? Let's say it's possible, but I don't believe in chances, especially when facing a well-experienced or trained cultivator. It looks like I need to train harder."

As he meditated with crossed legs not far away, Xiao Yun shifted her attention to Li Lu. "And now, Li Lu, are you ready?"

Li Lu responded with determination. "Big sister, I'm ready."

Just as Xiao Yun was about to reply, she felt something approaching in their direction, prompting her to comment instead.

"It seems we don't need to go far to find a direwolf."

Li Lu was puzzled by her big sister remark, but before she could ask, Xiao Yun spoke first.

"Li Lu, prepare yourself. Another direwolf is approaching your direction, probably drawn by the scent of its dead companion's blood, so it's hurrying here."

Upon hearing this from her, Li Lu responded and quickly assumed a stance position. Shortly after, a direwolf emerged from the thick vegetation, leaping towards her position. Due to Li Lu's alertness, she swiftly dodged the attack. As she fought against the direwolf, Xiao Yun placed the dead direwolf into her storage ring to prevent the scent of blood from spreading.

Li Lu employed the same strategy in battling the direwolf as she had seen from Madara.

....

After several hours, Xiao Yun returned to the resting place where Madara was. Upon opening his eyes, Madara noticed Li Lu piggybacked on Xiao Yun's back, prompting him to ask.

"Sister Yun, did she manage it too?"

She glanced at the sleeping Li Lu on her back and replied, "Yes, she did, but she lost consciousness after the fight, so I'm carrying her."

And she redirected her attention to him, asking, "Are you okay?"

Madara quickly responded from his seated position, "I'm okay, Sister Yun, I've recovered."

She nodded upon hearing this and she told him to prepare because they would be heading home soon since it was getting dark in the forest. Madara stretched as he stood up, and he wore new clothes while Xiao Yun packed the belongings of the two children, along with a direwolf Li Lu had slain, into her storage ring.

Afterwards, they left their resting place, and as they walked for a few minutes, Madara noticed some white little deer hiding in the trunk holes of a tree not far away. Seeing them, Madara remembered the white deer's fate at the hands of the direwolf earlier, so he couldn't help but feel sorry for them, knowing that their parents were dead, unbeknownst to them.

While walking, Xiao Yun noticed that he wasn't following her, so she turned around to see what he was looking at. When she saw it, she approached him and spoke about what she had witnessed.

"That's how the world goes. The weak are pitied and always taken advantage of by the stronger ones. That's why you need to train, Madara, so that you can protect yourself or your loved ones."

Upon hearing this from his sister, Madara looked back and saw her smiling at him. In response, he spoke up.

"I will train hard so that I will be able to protect you, Sister Yun."

She smiled at Madara's words and she urged him to continue walking because it was difficult to navigate the forest at night.

When they emerged from the forest, Xiao Yun instructed him to go ahead to the house, as she would accompany Li Lu home because she was still sleeping on her back. And after an hour, Xiao Yun arrived home carrying ingredients for dinner, which she would cook. 

After cooking and serving the meal, Xiao Yun announced that she would be gone for 4 days to sell the two direwolves they had slain and the medicinal herbs she collected from the forest. However, he still needs to continue his training even without her, and don't worry because she will leave enough food for the 4 days she is gone.

She also mentioned this to Li Mei about it. After the discussion, they proceeded with their meal. Once finished, Madara went straight to his room, carrying his sack and wooden sword.

As he lay down on his bed, he smiled slightly, knowing that tomorrow he would have time to test and study the techniques he had chosen from the Narutoverse. In the midst of his excitement, he didn't realize he had fallen asleep.

In the early morning, after finishing breakfast and grooming himself, Madara headed straight to their old training area near the waterfalls. Upon reaching their training area, he observed the surroundings to see if there was anyone and when he was sure there was no one. He set aside the sack he was carrying and his wooden sword on a nearby tree.

Afterward, he began warming up, and after a few minutes of warm-up exercise, he took out a piece of paper from his sack. As he stood in the middle of the flat grassland serving as their training area, he read the paper, and the first technique he wrote was the "Fireball Technique" or "Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu."

"I remember the fireball technique involves exhaling a large, concentrated fireball from the mouth, which can be used for offensive purposes against enemies or to create diversions in battle."

"To make it effective, I need a target object or dummy for this technique."

Because of this, Madara made a target dummy from tree branches, leaves, and plants he found near the training area. After making it, he placed the dummy on the ground and positioned himself in the middle of the training ground. Afterward, he sat cross-legged to comprehend the technique using his mind. After comprehending it, he stood up.

As he stood up, he exhaled deeply, and when he was about to release it from his mouth, he concentrated his fire affinity on his mouth. With the help of his qi, he easily manipulated it, and upon release, he created a fireball directed towards his target dummy. Unfortunately, it veered left instead of going straight towards the dummy.

Upon witnessing the result, Madara sighed deeply and commented on his attempt: "Not bad for a first try; at least I know that the technique from the Narutoverse is compatible. Plus, it doesn't require hand signs to perform the technique."

Afterward, he took and reread what was written on the paper. "Next is the "Body Flicker Technique" or "Shunshin no Jutsu". What I remember about this is that it allows one to move at extremely high speeds, effectively disappearing from one location and reappearing in another in the blink of an eye. This rapid movement is achieved by focusing chakra (qi) into the feet or other parts of the body to enhance speed and agility."

After understanding how to perform the Body Flicker Technique, he sat cross-legged again to comprehend it. After a few minutes of sitting, he stood up from his seat and walked towards the center of the training ground. Once he reached the center while standing straight, he exclaimed,

"Since the dummy I made didn't break, I'll use that as my target object. I need to get close to it."

He then began releasing qi (silver color) into his two feet while in a running position with his eyes closed. When he opened his eyes, he released his qi from his feet, and in a blink of an eye, he disappeared from his current location. Upon reappearing, he was surprised to find himself facing a tree, and because of his speed, he collided with it and fell to the ground.

As he observed the leaves falling from the tree he knocked down, he sighed and commented, "It seems I'll have a hard time, but I believe that perseverance pays off."

While lying on the ground, he noticed someone standing at his head, and the two of them stared at each other, and after a few seconds, the person standing spoke.

"Madara, where did you..."

Before Li Lu could finish speaking, Madara quickly stood up from his lying position and approached Li Lu swiftly to stop her from speaking. When Madara approached, he used his right index finger to cover her mouth, causing Li Lu to stop talking. Because of this, Li Lu's cheeks turned red from what Madara did, but he ignored what he saw in her changes and quickly asked her.

"Did you just arrive here?"

Li Lu responded when she heard it.

Since she saw what he was doing, he decided to keep it a secret.

"Let's keep this between us, okay? I don't want my sister to know about this."

Li Lu nodded, indicating that she wouldn't tell anyone about what she witnessed. So Madara removed his index finger from her lips. But out of curiosity, Li Lu asked him about it.

"Madara, how did you disappear and then reappear in a different direction?"

Madara paused slightly when he heard the question and answered it later.

"Because of the technique I'm studying."

And again, she asked again. "Besides that, do you have other techniques?"

Madara just nodded when he heard Li Lu's question. When he realized that she had no more questions, he desided to left but he stopped because he felt someone pulling his clothes. When he looked back, he saw Li Lu standing behind him, pleading with him with puppy eyes, so he asked her.

"Why?"

Li Lu gently and questioningly looked into Madara's eyes. "Madara, can I ask for one technique? Just one technique, and I won't tell anyone that you gave it to me."

Because of Li Lu's expression, Madara asked her. "How can I believe that what you're saying is true?"

Because of that, Li Lu took out the wooden sword tucked into her waist. When she took it out, she released sword qi on it, and she slightly cut her left palm. Because of that, blood came out, and she squeezed it using her left hand and put it on her chest. Then she spoke.

"My name is Li Lu, who will not spread the secret I witnessed or the technique i'll receive from Madara, so..."

Li Lu was about to speak, but Madara stopped her by patting her head. "Okay, okay, I believe you now," Madara said with a slight smile.

"All right, Li Lu, do you have paper, a brush, and ink with you?"

She answered, so she quickly took it out of her sack, and she quickly gave it to him, and when he got it, she asked him.

"Madara, why do you need these?"

When he started writing, he answered Li Lu's question. "Because I'll write the technique and guides here."

Li Lu was amazed by what he said to her. In wonderment, she didn't ask where he got or learned about it. After finishing writing, he gave it to her.

"The technique I gave you is written there, so take care of it."

Li Lu nodded while smiling, then she spoke, "Thank you, Madara."

He just responded to what she said to him. And when she moved away, she opened the paper as it was folded, and she read the first thing written on the paper. "Adamantine Sealing Chains."

And when he saw her heading towards the top of the waterfall, he took out the paper tucked inside his clothes. When he got it, he read the next technique. "Next is Wood Clone Technique or Mokuton: Bunshin no Jutsu."

 

2