Chapter 110 – The Fiery Figure
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silent River who was facing a dual onslaught of both mental and physical attacks from the blue dragonfly, didn't immediately notice the incoming orbs, but even when she did, it was already too late as there was no time to dodge.

Fortunately for her, she didn't face the brunt of the two attacks, otherwise she'd have been done for. One of the orbs landed on the dragonfly's exoskeleton, and the other on her back.

The two orbs exploded at the same time sending terrifying razor-sharp wind blades in every direction, but mostly in the direction of what made them explode in the first place.

The blue dragonfly's tough exoskeleton couldn't save him this time as the wind blades left very deep cuts in several parts of his body, and his wings were cut off from their root, but even through all of that, he didn't let go of the bird clutched between his legs.

Silent River's back was also grievously injured, and what made matters even worse for her was the fact that she was falling to the ground at a very fast rate due to the dragonfly not letting go. Thus, in a fit of both fear and rage, she closed her beak and coated with destructive Qi and she started fiercely pecking the dragonfly's eyes, head, and face.

In less than than five attacks, the dragonfly was no longer able to hold on and his firm grasp with his legs was undone as he fell weakly. The dragonfly let out a slow whimper of pain and resignation as he fell, in those last moments his eyes flashed with something different, emotions.

By that time the whole group had already reached the Red Minnerade, and thus his body made a huge splash as it fell in a body of water.

This time, there was no terrifying Peak Foundation Establishment monster from behind to provide protection, and so all of the nearby monsters greedily approached the quickly dying dragonfly to devour him.

Silent River's body was riddled with deep cuts and injuries, and her light blue skin could be seen under her removed feathers, and as she stabilized her flight several drops of blood landed on the water with dripping sounds.

A crazed look made its way into her face as she observed the running three insects, and so she continued her chase, unwilling to let them go. The fact that they hadn't found Golden Eye thus far had already vexed her, if she couldn't vent her frustrations on his subordinates then she'd go mad.

Due to the fact that she noticed how the small mosquitoes that had released their attack first didn't join the duo for the second attack, she concluded that it must have been a one time use skill. After all, she had never heard about weak monsters being able to store the abilities of those stronger than them, and so for some limits to exist was only natural.

Thus, as she chased after the three, her body gradually descended until it was but an arm's length away from Red Shadow.

Slowly, she increased her speed step by step, until she could feel the light breeze generated by Red Shadow's fluttering wings. Opening her beak, she stretched out her neck and was about to crush her lower abdomen and kill her.

However, just as she was about to do that, two orbs of wind like the ones from before appeared in both directions aiming for her.

Just as she noticed how the orbs of wind were smaller than the previous ones, they had already arrived and landed on her face.

Both she and Red Shadow fell backward due to the impressive force generated from that explosion.

Red Shadow immediately fell into the water, but Silent River was stronger and so quickly stabilized her flight, although, on both sides of her neck, new open wounds were visible, gushing with red blood.

Just as she was about to start surveying her surroundings to see where this new insect came from, a high-pitched grating sound echoed throughout the dark Red Minnerade scaring most monsters.

Even those at the back who were slowly slithering and swimming toward the dying blue dragonfly retreated in fright.

The sound seemed to ripple through the void as visible waves could be seen targeting Silent River directly from both sides, and the moment those sonic waves entered her ears an intense aching pain soon followed, however, it didn't end just there. The aching brought with it a disorienting feeling that made her no longer able to differentiate between her own senses, she didn't know where her left wings began or where her beak was, which resulted in her flight slowly becoming chaotic as she started falling down.

At the corner of her eyes, she saw two golden dragonflies looking at her. Seeing this sight, she was immediately awakened by the intense emotional reaction generated in her heart and started using her own Qi to shield her against the sonic attacks.

Her body landed with a slight thud above one of the few solid grounds in the area close to a thin tree just when she started stabilizing her mental state.

At first, she thought that she saw Golden Eye, hence the fear and hate. However, when she opened her eyes she was certain that there were indeed two of them and she wasn't just hallucinating.

Just as she was thinking about what to do in this situation because even one Golden Eye was dangerous for her, and two were even more difficult, she felt a sharp pain in her legs and glanced down to look.

But before she could even take a look, she felt her body slowly tilting to the left and she lost her balance and fell, and to her shock, she could no longer feel her left talon.

She flapped her wings to fly and the moment she put a distance between her and the grounds below, her eyes caught sight of her left leg down below amidst a small puddle of blood.

A small Red Mantis with a devilish look continued jumping away from the scene, his color and size also began to gradually change until he landed on one of the tall stalk red grass close to the dragonfly duo.

As she was processing those emotions of shock, loss, and pain the two moved using everything they had and started releasing a barrage of wind attacks at the owl.

One of the brother's first attack missed, but the other one landed taking advantage of her momentary pause. Understanding the seriousness of the situation Silent River immediately reacted and started her counterattacks as well.

Fortunately, the duo seemed weaker than Golden Eye otherwise this would have been a losing fight. At the same she realized something, these dragonflies gave her the same feelings as those two small insects she sensed by the river the last time, it was just that the difference in appearance was like heaven and earth.

The duo started releasing their orbs of wind aiming for Silent River, but she who understood that she had the advantage both in speed and constitution only dodged and she speedily followed after them.

Red Shadow and the two mosquito siblings took advantage of this opportunity and went in to see whether the small blue dragonfly was still alive. Fortunately, when they arrived there they found that the water he fell in wasn't very deep and thanks to his transformed size he was able to continue breathing even though he was unable to move.

They gently carried him toward one of the nearby solid grounds beside a tree, and then put him there to rest. His life and death now were only a question of luck.

Red Shadow now felt very anxious and vulnerable, in front of her the golden dragonflies were fighting with Nevas helping from the ground, and behind her, an even bigger fight unfolded whose shockwaves could be felt from her place, although they had made enough distance between them.

Due to Silent River's previous injuries which managed to consume a lot of her Qi to help recuperate and the fact that the duo were still targeting with their sonic attacks that needed even more upkeep. Her situation was gradually turning for the worst, and though she first assumed that she had better speed than the two when she really attempted to catch them, she wasn't able to and they would always narrowly dodge her claws and send a volley of wind blades allowing both injuring her and allowing them to escape.

Understanding that her approach to this fight was unsustainable, a cold light flashed in her eyes, and she began to retreat.

She decided to go inform the viper queen, and that was the only plausible way she could exact her revenge.

The three insects she was fighting with immediately sighed in relief when they noticed that she was retreating, unaware of the dangers that would follow.

However, to them, this was already a very good result because Silent River wasn't just any low-stage Foundation Establishment monster, she had spent a lot of time there and accumulated a lot, and they realized that if they made just a slight mistake they'd be done for.

The three quickly approached the other insects by the tree and began talking to them.

On the other hand, Silent River's eyes shone with hatred, and an anticipatory smirk appeared on her face when she thought of what was going to happen to them once the viper queen got the news.

The whole reason The viper queen was fighting with that group to begin with was because she was under the impression that the golden dragonfly was captured by them, if she were to hear the news she would immediately drop the fight and retreat.

Maneuvering around the tree branches at a low altitude after she left the red wetlands behind, Silent River's heartbeat quickened even more, both because of how soon what she had in mind would happen and because the ongoing fight was indeed too much for her.

Suddenly, she felt a tremendous force hitting her from the right, the power behind it was so strong that she heard some of her bones breaking as she started falling to the side.

Before her body could even land on the ground, she felt an intense heat approaching, and soon she was completely engulfed in scarlet red flames that sent an onslaught of pain to her brain, making her screech in response.

She quickly flapped her body in an attempt to both escape from the fire and ease her pain, but whenever she retreated back the flames would follow.

With her eyes fixed on the ground below as she did her best to escape, she caught a fiery figure at the corner of her eyes, and so she reflexively looked up.

0