Chapter 112 – The Viper’s Move
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Most strangely, however, was the fact that the monster seemed to be going through something. Its body movements seemed erratic and crazed. With his back against the grassy ground, he was aggressively rolling as if it was trying to get rid of some intense itch.

However, suddenly, his movements became completely still. A stark contrast against what it was doing just a few seconds prior.

Lei Yan realized that they were noticed, he swiftly ordered the others to fall back, and he took out the Ravenous Dragonfly Totem from his spatial ring. With the knowledge of how the technique should be executed in mind and the two dragonfly offspring behind, he began the process.

Instantly transforming into the golden dragonfly form from the mosquito, golden energy began to seep out of him and into the totem. The energy was then transferred from the totem to the two dragonflies behind him, and soon a synergy seemed to be forming between all of them.

With every passing second, the energy's movement accelerated as the three poured down more of their Qi, and soon a figure began to form. Initially, it was but a small dragonfly made of golden light, the size of a palm, but as time went on it considerably increased in size until it became as huge as two meters in height, and several long.

Lei Yan's eyes had already closed shut, and now he was feeling himself in a very unfamiliar body. It felt empty, light, but immensely strong. In fact, stronger than he had ever been.

Its wings beating faster than could be seen, the Golden Dragonfly Apparition darted toward the beast. A shockwave blasted out when the two figures collided, the chaotic energies tossing the surrounding insects like leaves in a horrendous tornado.

'Damn,' Lei Yan thought, 'This monster is tough.' Noticing how it was only bounced back a little. At the same time, he knew that the first attack wasn't exactly what one who was sneaking around should do, afraid of alerting anyone nearby.

Thus, as he lunged at the armadillo once again, he avoided colliding with the monster. When the figures were close to one another, he just jumped and planted his sharp feet deep into whatever crevice he could find, and his mandibles aimed for the monster's throat.

Now, that his body felt perfectly safe in the back, he was emboldened and went for a more physical fight. But he soon regretted it. The armadillo's body began to vibrate with a peculiar form of energy that sent shivers down his spine, and the pain could be felt even in his main body.

'Shit!' He cursed, and tried to attack using his mandibles once again. The monster barred his teeth in a growl and went for the same manner of attacking. The two faces resulted in a gruesome sight as the violent French kiss was planted. Fortunately for Lei Yan, his form was rather transient and all he received was a slight pain. The armadillo on the other hand had his snout pierced as it screeched in tremendous pain.

Finally remembering that he had other skills, Lei Yan released three orbs of wind, bigger than anything he had ever created. They quickly exploded in a violent storm of wind blades that dashed in every direction, but the most important distinction here was that none of those that passed through Lei Yan's apparition did any damage.

The armadillo, however, was having a tougher time. Because of the mode of combat Lei Yan chose, his armored back was rather useless, and his weak points were clearly on display. Several razor-sharp wind blades attacked him in all different parts of his, but especially his throat. A fountain of blood splurt out of him with tremendous force and speed, coloring the grazed earth dark crimson.

Lei Yan viciously took advantage of that window of opportunity and bit down hard with his mandibles in that exact same place, using the force in his legs he pushed the almost dead monster with his legs and flew back, looking down at it from above.

The low-stage Foundation Establish monster's body convulsed and squirmed around for a bit, then it became completely still as life seeped out of him.

Glancing at the corpse, Lei Yan was pretty satisfied with the totem's strength. His previous assumption that the addition to his strength would be their measly strength proved to be false, and though the dragonflies were pretty strong at the 8th stage Qi Condensation, the boost they provided was more than just a simple one plus one.

He quickly dove down and made the body disappear into his spatial ring, and then to his right he saw an opening leading underground. This was precisely why he decided to kill the armadillo after he tested the strength of the totem, to get access to this place.

Lei Yan then ordered the group to all enter inside after he made sure that there was enough space for them all, and after he stepped foot inside, he began destroying the entrance behind him. Soon, the dim light that was passing through the leaves from the sun and into the hole, was completely obstructed leaving the group in utter darkness.

However, they were insects, and not just simple ones, the dark wasn't something they feared nor were they clueless about how to navigate it. Through both his special vision and spiritual sense, Lei Yan quickly walked into the front of the group in his dragonfly form step by step with his legs sending dirt into the air and began inspecting the place.

Fortunately, the place was rather simple and straightforward, a single tunnel that stretched out for 20 meters before its end was in sight. It was wide enough for the previous big monster to pass through and rest in, so the insects had plenty of room.

Lei Yan nestled in at the very end of the tunnel and sat down, he knew that the war had just begun. Now that he and his subordinates were safe, it was finally his turn to play. He had lived in this world without agency for too long, but now everything changed. His counterattack had just begun.

His body quickly transformed into that of a mosquito, and after he finished changing all of his Qi, his eyes snapped open with a radiant blue glow, and his body completely still.

The other insects witnessing this were familiar with the process, so they only turned to look at one another and began to talk. It was mostly Red Shadow, and the two mosquito brothers curious about the two dragonflies and Nevas, and sent a barrage of questions their way.
...

"Nooo!! Hao Yi!!" A female voice shouted with disbelief and pain.

The viper queen had taken advantage of an opportunity and killed the younger vice administrator who worked under Lu Peng. With a swift twist of her neck, she flung the heavily wounded corpse at the group opposite her.

Raising her head several feet off the ground, she hissed menacingly at her opponents, but inside she was in turmoil. They had reached a stalemate as they looked at one another, none of them daring to move. The battle had been too costly for both sides. Lu Peng's Beast Galan had suffered serious injuries, but not before it was able to kill the viper queen's Peak Foundation Establishment mate.

A cold look flashed in Lu Peng’s eyes under furrowed brows, but he only clenched his fists in rage without moving forward. As much as he detested the viper in front of him, if he continued the previous incident would repeat itself. However, this time he might lose his daughter as well.

A glance at Galan revealed a belly covered with wounds and undoubtedly poisoned. Knowing that to continue the fight would only result in more death, he yelled, "Retreat!“

But, how could the viper queen let go of them? Not only did she hold the upper hand here, but there was no way she would let them take Golden Eye after everything that had happened thus far.

Her dark blue tongue tasted the air once again as a strong chilling hiss resounded before she lunged at the group.

Lu Peng firmly ordered the hesitant people behind him, "Just take Galan and Go!" He whipped his whip into the air with a loud sound, and stood in defense, awaiting her attack.

Just as the viper queen was about to collide head-first with his body, he narrowly dodged to the side. However, just as he was thinking of ways to salvage this situation, the thing he had been waiting for all this time happened.

He sensed several approaching figures coming from several directions with astonishing speed. "Finally" He mumbled with a sigh. Naturally, these were all strong cultivators in close proximity. Whenever a fight of this magnitude occurred in the Green Gateway it was always a matter of time before others would lend a hand.

The viper queen who was slightly stronger than Lu Peng sensed that too which made her freeze in both fear and fury. She furiously swatted the ground with her tail, raising a cloud of dirt as a result. With much difficulty, she willed herself to dash toward the corpse of her mate before she quickly stored it in her spatial ring, and she didn't forget to take the man's as well before she bolted in the opposite direction and ran away.

Lu Peng didn't bother to chase because his objective was achieved, moreover, with his current strength going after her in that state would prove to be too risky.

After a while several figures flashed before they landed in front of Lu Peng, all of them looking at the nearby ravaged grounds and broken trees with solemn expressions before they approached him.
...

The viper queen's speed had considerably slowed down after she noticed that no one was following her, but this brought her no comfort. Everything she had been working hard for was gradually getting destroyed and lost right before her eyes. This made her not only, angry, but on the verge of insanity as well.

With a resolute look, she made a decision and quickly approached the edge of her territory. Along the way, she encountered several of her underlings as they came back from the Purple Forest and relayed the news of what happened to her. Needless to say, that made her even more mad, to the point that her body shivered before she destroyed one of the nearby trees in anger.

A high-pitched piercing sound emerged out of her that spread in every direction. Without even waiting for the aftermath of that call, she continued deep into her territory amidst the hunched back trees followed by her underlings who were shivering from fright.

When she reached the entrance of her lair, her movement halted and she stood there, waiting.

Before long, dozens, then more than a hundred of her underlings surrounded her, responding to the call.

Glancing at their sorry state, and more so how many she had lost she whipped her tail into the ground in fury once again. Without even saying another word, entered the lair and made a slight call for all of them to follow after her.

Most of the awakened monsters present were shocked, and more so had bad feelings in their hearts. They had never entered inside because they were forbidden from doing so, and now they'd be entering in such a huge number, they felt unsettled.

0