Chapter 120 – Golden Chains
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
30 Minutes ago...
 
One of the things Lei Yan did after noticing the sphere, other than taking command over the ants, he approached Red Shadow and the man who was shackled to a tree by thick chains with her.
 
Witnessing his approach, the man became visibly afraid, after all, this was a monster, and he had no strength to speak of.
 
"Fear not," Lei Yan spoke from his mosquito form, "I won't hurt you."
 
Needless to say, this only made him even more shocked. Not only was the mosquito before him awakened, but it spoke with such a presence that it left him stupefied. And when he noticed how the red-haired woman with him didn't seem to show any other reaction, he was even more confused.
 
Lei Yan looked at the man and said, "Do you want my help with those chains?"
 
"You can?" He said with a hopeful tone.
 
"Sure thing," Lei Yan said nonchalantly, and then summoning his Qi, he made sharp blades that cut through the chains in the middle.
 
"Look," He said, "I am the one who baited those three people who held you captive here, and frankly I don't see any way for you to get out of the forest alive with no strength."
 
Hearing that, the man's expression turned solemn as the remaining chains dangled from the side of his body. "What do you mean?" He said.
 
"What's your name?" Lei Yan suddenly asked.
 
"Shen Wen," The man answered.
 
"Well," Lei Yan said with an amused tone, "Shen Wen, why don't you come with us? Then once we're free we'll help you get out, how about that?"
 
"You would?" Shen Wen suspiciously said.
 
"Why not?" Lei Yan said, and then using his Qi once again he removed the cuffs from the man's wrists, freeing him from the remaining chains.
 
"Thanks," He said.
 
Lei Yan needed the man for something, but he knew that for his plans to be successful now wasn't the time. He had to give it a bit of time, and more importantly, it had to be subtle and not direct.
 
"Anyways," Lei Yan added, "You guys stay here, some of my subordinates will come afterward to give you more details alright?"
 
Seeing Red Shadow dutifully nod, he nodded back and flew in the eastern direction. He had to make preparations for the sphere's disappearance and the whole aftermath of that.
 
He then called all of his subordinates and gave one of his spatial rings to one of his Golden Dragonfly offspring, and in it were several healing pills.
 
"You guys go hide behind Red Shadow and that man," Lei Yan ordered. "Once you get my signal, I want you to go heal those who are left and then hide with them somewhere, alright?"
 
When they asked who were those who would be left, he just told them that they would know when the time is right, and continued flying east, his destination, the ant's colony.
 
Along the way, he swiftly brought up some of the notifications he received after finishing the last mission.
 
[Awakener's Insight Mission:
- Recruit Body Forging Realm Awakened insects to join your forces. 10/10 (Complete)
- Recruit Qi Condensation Realm Awakened insects to join your forces. 1/1 (Complete)
 
Mission Duration: 22 Days.
Failure:?
Success:?
]
 
[Sovereign's Awakener's Insight: Complete]
[Generating Mission Rewards...
- x3 Customized Cultivation Arts
- Bloodline Mask Pill Recipe
- Golden Chains Formation Array
...]
 
Whenever he read through it he would feel such a huge sense of accomplishment. These were the fruits of so many hardships, and to finally see them before him brought him immense joy.
 
Especially that formation array, heck, even that Bloodline Mask Pill Recipe. All of those items were things that would revolutionize the way he approached everything, and he was dying to finally use them.
 
After a few minutes, he finally reached the underground hole where all of those ants emerged from. The moment he landed there, he swiftly transformed himself into the Fire God Ant, and his fire spirit joyfully started dancing around him as he advanced inside.
 
He knew that the ants inside the colony were still hostile to him, but he knew they were all mostly weak, except for the Ant queen, so he wasn't willing to go that deep.
 
He just had to make some preparations for a plan he had in mind and await the other ants' arrival.
 
Before him was a large three-meter wide and tall underground tunnel, the ground was naturally a mixture of dirt, rocks, leaves, and random sticks. As he continued advancing inside he saw more and more passageways leading to different directions.
 
From time to time, he would encounter a random Body Forging Ant but they would immediately cower under his presence and remain unmoving until he moved past them.
 
After he walked for a while, his steps halted. He knew that going further could prove to be very dangerous. After all, he knew that the ant queen was still inside.
 
Looking around, he found himself in a spacious clearing that had an opening to several tunnels in every direction, and so thinking that this was the perfect place for that, he began.
 
Out of his spatial ring, he brought out five array discs.
 
Circular objects glistened with a metallic sheen, and at the heart of each and every one of them was an empty slot.
 
He approached the bigger one of the five, the heart of the formation. Its appearance was exactly like the rest, it just had a bigger size. He then brought out his top-grade spirit stone, which only had half of it left, and put it on top of the disc array.
 
Suddenly, the spirit stone began to be melted by an unseen force, and even its hard shell dissolved into a gooey texture that flowed through the disc. The deeper that energy went into the disc, the more bright and radiant it would become. Lightning this dark underground space in a faint bright golden hue.
 
Lei Yan's eyes lit up as he looked at it, and deep down his hope couldn't help but reignite looking at it. 'Maybe, it'll work?' He thought, and then with a thought he brought up another notification that he had received when the fight between all of those parties began.
 
[Triggered Quest: The Sovereign's Whetstone]
[Description: There is no better way to strengthen one's self than to crush those who previously held you down.
Objective: Kill the Viper Queen.
 
Rewards: ?]
 
He was certain that if he managed to kill her, then the rewards would be very, very rich.
 
Dismissing such thoughts for now, he brought his attention back to the ongoing process. The bigger disc had consumed all of the energy from the top-grade spirit stone, and with how it was lit up, Lei Yan knew that it was charged.
 
He went through all of the discs and kept feeding them his High-grade Spirit stones. Originally he had 92 of them remaining, but after feeding twenty to each and every disc, he only had 32 left. Seeing that, he scowled, feeling a tinge of pain at losing all of those precious materials.
 
Once that was done, he approached the very center of the spacious clearing and began digging. His sharp slender legs proved to be formidable digging tools as he pulled a vast amount of dirt with every swipe of his legs. After a few minutes, he managed to dig a narrow five-meter-deep hole, and with a kick of his legs, he threw the bigger disc inside.
 
As it fell, the disc rolled around a few times before it fell on its face. However, Lei Yan knew that it didn't matter that much. The array formation came with its own set of knowledge on how to operate, and after understanding it, he knew that this was inconsequential.
 
Repeating the same process, he went into the four corners of the space and did the same thing. After covering the last one, a sudden change occurred.
 
A golden pillar of light emerged from the heart of the clearing, and directly following it the other four did the same thing. After a few seconds, the light disappeared and everything went to normal, except for a very small change. Before the pillar at the center disappeared, a very small part of it broke off and dashed in Lei Yan's direction.
 
Already expecting such an event, he only paused as the small light seeped deep into his forehead. When that was over, he could feel his control over a powerful weapon just beneath him.
 
Witnessing his ability to control such formidable power, excitement swelled up within his heart, and his antenna reflexively twitched in joy.
 
"Wow, what is that?" A voice behind spoke, utterly amazed by what he had just witnessed.
 
Turning around, he saw one of his golden dragonfly offspring that he had ordered to follow.
 
'Fuck, he scared me.' Lei Yan thought after readjusting himself. The fact that he told this fellow to follow went completely out of his head as he was intently thinking, and then doing that task.
 
"It's an an array formation, junior." He spoke with a wised-up voice for sarcastic effect.
 
"And what is that?" The golden dragonfly asked.
 
It was then that Lei Yan remembered that he had never given them any names, and so he abruptly said, "You'll be called Junior from now on."
 
The first time he said junior it was with that world's language, and so it conveyed its original meaning. However, when imparting the name he used the English language, and so to them it was merely a cool-sounding name.
 
"Thank you, my king, I love it, and I love you," Junior said, eyes beaming with joy and voice choking with emotions.
 
'Damn,' Lei Yan thought feeling slightly overwhelmed with all of the loving words.
 
"You got it." He said, trying his best to give a thumbs up. From what he could understand this was the younger one of the two, or at least what he gleaned from their conversations with other insects.
 
"As I was saying," Lei Yan continued. "This is an array formation, go in the middle I'll show you something."
 
Following his orders, the young dragonfly flew in the middle. But before he could even reach there, thick and majestic golden chains appeared from different places and raced in his direction at an alarming speed.
 
Each of their width was bigger than the dragonfly and so when they reached him, they merely danced around without doing anything.
ADVERTISEMENT
0