Chapter 123 – The Viper’s Demise
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Wen's eyes were still wide in shock and fear after what had just happened to him. Quickly composing himself, he stuttered, "Yee.. yes, it's good." His expression kept changing after that, from shock, and relief, to joy.

Lei Yan knew how life-changing the ability was, but he also understood the emotional toll it naturally brought with it. On one hand, the cultivator who had lost every chance of ever becoming anything more than a cripple would gain another shot at life. And on the other, they would become insects, something that was very difficult for most people to accept.

"Are you ready guys?" He asked, glancing at the father and daughter duo.

The two looked at one another before Lu Peng stepped forward, "I'll go first," He said.

Not wasting any more time, Lei Yan put his foreleg above the man's head and unleashed the magical process once again. The foreleg thing was rather pointless, but he liked how it seemed to give him a sense of control over those abilities.

Another swirl followed, and soon the man began to gradually transform from a human to something with wings, a stinger, and a carapace.

What appeared before Lei Yan after the process finished was a formidable hornet, its sleek black exoskeleton gleaming with an ominous sheen. In the split sections of its body, an ethereal blue hue pulsed like veins of lightning, casting a magical glow against the darkness of this underground world.

Crackling arcs of energy danced around the hornet, creating an aura of raw power and menace. Its wings, translucent and iridescent, shimmered with a mesmerizing intensity as they beat with a steady rhythm. With every movement, the hornet exuded an aura of otherworldly energy, a living embodiment of elemental forces bound within its form.

"How poetic," Lei Yan commented from the side with a shocked expression. He knew that the man had just lost his Black Hornet insect companion, and yet an hour later he himself became on.

"Father," Lu Ning called, fearfully approaching the black hornet that reached to her waist.

Unlike Shen Wen, Lu Peng was already expecting the transformation and so wasn't that afraid. "I am fine," He comforted, but his voice was dripping with astonishment.

"Alright it's your turn," Lei Yan said as he approached Lu Ning.

She closed her eyes in both nervousness and anticipation. Her father also stopped inspecting himself and paid attention to what would happen next.

With another foreleg above the head, the transformation began to take shape.

After the cloud of energy dispersed what stood before them was an extraordinary Golden Beetle with a majestic presence. With a regal horn adorning its head, the beetle exuded an air of sturdiness and strength. Its golden exoskeleton was adorned with an array of colorful spots, each spot shimmering with its own unique hue – a kaleidoscope of iridescent colors against the beetle's golden backdrop. Of all the transformations thus far, Lei Yan knew that this was the most powerful, he could feel it.

The horn atop its head added an imposing height to its giant two-meter-and-a-half stature, while its wings, like delicate stained glass, caught the light and refracted it into a dazzling display of colors. As it moved in its confusion and shock, the beetle seemed to carry an aura of beauty with it.

"Goodness," Lei Yan mumbled. "That looks like a good one."

Lu Peng awkwardly began flying with his new body and encircled around the giant body of his daughter, shock evident in his eyes.

"You," Lei Yan said to Shen Wen, "Transform again, don't be scared."

Heeding his order the man transformed, and Lei Yan retreated back as he let them get used to their bodies.

After a while, he said, "Go attack the viper, I need to see what you can do."

The three glanced at him at the same time before their eyes landed on the viper that began to violently struggle on its heard his order.

Lu Peng was the first to act as his heart was still overflowing with resentment against the shackled viper. His body began to glow with a blue hue, and the nearby Qi dashed in his direction as it transformed itself into pure lightning that followed his beck and call.

Feeling that he had gathered enough lightning, he threw everything that danced around him in the viper's direction.

Its tough struggle paused as its body seemed to stiffen due to the shock, but after a few seconds, it resumed as if nothing had happened.

Shen Wen then appeared, and from what Lei Yan could feel through him, he knew that he had something even more dazzling prepared.

He approached the viper with an anticipatory glint, his eyes fixated on the target with unwavering focus. With a swift and calculated movement, he retracted his powerful appendage, coiling his muscles in preparation for the strike. As the tension built, the shrimp's body tensed with pent-up energy, ready to unleash his devastating punch.

Then, in a fraction of a second, the mantis shrimp propelled his appendage forward with explosive force, accelerating to incredible speeds. The momentum behind the strike was immense, fueled by the shrimp's muscular power and the elastic energy stored in its specialized appendage.

With a thunderous crack that reverberated through the underground space, the appendage made contact with the viper's body, delivering a bone-shattering blow with all of the shrimp's strength behind it. The impact was ferocious, sending shockwaves rippling through the air as the force of the punch reverberated through the viper's body.

The sheer power of the mantis shrimp's punch was enough to incapacitate the viper, leaving it stunned and reeling from the force of the blow. At that moment, Shen Wen's stiffened, as if realizing the immensity of what he had just unlocked.

Everyone watched that punch with bated breath, and even Lei Yan was shocked out of his wits. If that punch made contact with him, he would have been seriously injured.

However, though the viper was stunted at first, its scales only slightly caved in around its neck area before it resumed its violent thrashing around.

Lu Ning understood that it was her turn and stepped forward on her own. In her golden beetle form, she approached the viper's abdomen, and just like her father she seemed to have much grief in her heart as she stared at it.

With a guttural growl that came from her depths, her legs all began moving at a very astonishing speed colliding with the viper's powerful scales. A series of fast and loud clangs rang through the underground world.

Lei Yan could feel the tremendous power in each of those stabs, and their speed terrified him. More than that, each and every one of them seemed to be accompanied by something extra. A corrosive energy that remained in the viper's body and weakened those scales, until finally, one of them flew to the side, giving a clear view of the viper's sturdy interior.

"It's enough," Lei Yan said, knowing that his objective was achieved. He knew that they were merely using their innate body's abilities, and once they cultivated enough techniques for themselves their strength would become even more formidable.

Lu Ning stopped her frenzied attack and stepped backward, giving way to the glorious fire ant that was approaching her previous spot.

With hundreds of pairs of eyes on him, Lei Yan prepared himself for his own attack.

His fire domain was set ablaze as a world of fire emerged with him in the center. It wasn't particularly big, just around five meters in radius. The fire spirit seemed to be rejuvenated and its form grew larger, hotter, and more fierce as it circled around him.

The viper seemed to notice that something was amiss as her violent struggles became more and more loud.

Gently turning around, Lei Yan aimed his glistening stinger toward the spot that Lu Ning had broken, aiming for her most sensitive spot. A vast amount of energy began to surround that area, and the fire domain grew even larger so that even the distant insects could feel the intense heat generated by it.

Using his new Cultivation Arts, Lei Yan's Qi was one of blazing heat. Channeling most of his rich and dense Qi toward his second technique, his stinger began to glow in ember light as the sound reminiscing of an engine revving thundered through the space.

The five golden chains that shackled the viper turned even brighter as Lei Yan pushed even more energy into them, and struggled and thrashed as she could, she wasn't able to move even a single inch. Realizing her helplessness, the viper queen's eyes widened in sheer terror.

With a swift whooshing sound, Lei Yan's stinger dashed through the air like a godly fire arrow and stabbed itself into the viper's weak spot.

A wretched screech sounded that dripped with pain after that, and the meter-long stinger managed to penetrate half its size into the viper's body. However, that was merely the beginning. All of the energy stored within in began to violently course through it, rushing into the viper's body, burning everything in its wake.

Lei Yan then controlled one of the golden chains and began hammering the rest of the stinger into the viper's body.

With every hit of the chain, a huge booming sound echoed that was swiftly followed by others. Until the big stinger disappeared into Viper's body.

He knew that as powerful as that attack was, it still wasn't enough. This technique of his could only be used one single time a week, and yet it could barely injure the new form of the viper.

This time, he used two golden chains and began stabbing them into the same area. This process went on for a solid fifteen minutes before they managed to break the other nearby scales, and began making some serious damage to that already weakened area.

Knowing that the energy of the formation was quickly running out, he stopped and shouted, "You three, come help me."

Heeding his orders, The colored mantis shrimp, the lightning hornet, and the new golden beetle approached and with Lei Yan in tow, they all fiercely attacked that same area.

After a long while, they managed to break beyond her tough meat and bones, reaching the insides. Still, the viper persisted in her resistance as she continued squirming around.

But the four insects proved to be too formidable themselves as they didn't rest until a golden notification appeared in front of Lei Yan's face.

The viper queen had finally died!

0