Chapter 12
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex: "Your movements improved. They are more deliberate and accurate, yet the speed at which you swing the sword does not make sense to me either. As with the amount of time you train and the current rate of your improvement, your swings are slower than I was expecting. I will admit your fighting spirit has improved, but something doesn't add up for me. So Vincent, have you been skipping on your training, or have you just started sparring with real people instead?"

 

 

While Alex was talking effortlessly while analyzing Vinent's every move, Vincent remained silent as the two were practicing in a duel. The skill and strength gap between the student and the tutor were extreme, but for Vincent, it just showed him to where he must aim to reach and eventually surpass. However, after just a few more swings of Alex's wooden sword, Vincent found himself disarmed and on the floor. After letting out a few pants, he replied. "I still train my swordsmanship, but I have started learning magic. I even have a lesson in the subject tomorrow, With the amount of homework I was given, I had to reduce some of my training time. However, I have practiced fighting real foes and have defeated some minor monsters and breasts.

 

Alex: "Thats no good, at least tell me the magic your learning is magic swordsmanship or something at least partially related to swordsmanship."

 

Vincent: "I don't know, I know I'm learning to become an Aquamancer."

 

Alex: "You have got to be kidding me‽ A Aquamancer! What are you expecting to sword fight a shark as you stand in a bubble of air at the bottom of the sea floor? Aquamancery is one of the least related types of magic you could've learned. At least with elemental magic, you could imbue the elements into your sword during combat, or as a runesmith, you could upgrade your sword, or even a metalcaster would let you steal your opponent's sword or at least weaken it so much that your sword will break or even slash through your opponent's weapon."

 

Vincent: "I'll work with what I've got. I don't plan on this stopping me from reaching greatness, both in general and as a swordsman! You'll see! I intend to receive a Sword art someday!"

 

Alex: "Looks like you have big dreams, but if you get too split up, you might not achieve them. If you have the energy to talk so much, then it's time for another round!"

 

Vincent: "Agreed."

0