Act 1 Side 1 All for what
254 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

???’s POV

Tsk, why am I tasked with this task, they said that I just need to let them in and then my job will be done. No matter, after this, the governor would be dead and the plan could move forward.

*clack*

With that sound, the generator overloaded and caused the entire hospital to also overload, causing a short circuit.

‘It is alright, this is for the world…’ I repeatedly think in my mind.

“What do you mean I have to do this? If I am found, I will definitely expose all of your stuff to the police!” I said to another man on the phone.

“It can’t be helped, currently most of our agents in your seastead are under investigation and it would be hard for them to move out, plus, you have a valid reason to go to the hospital anyways, for your son.” The man said, making me unconsciously hold my fist in anger.

This is what I hate about this organization, they come in, claim they are peaceful, and once they get a foothold, they just blatantly dump all their pawns into the drains.

“This is the last time I help you with your operations, you are lucky that we both have the same enemies otherwise I would have reported you all to the authorities already…” I said as I hung up on the phone.

Tsk… I clicked my tongue before going back to my wife. I told her to go up to find our dear son and give her some excuses that I had to go somewhere else before joining them. Luckily she is quite dumb and accepted my excuses and went ahead.

Let me just finish doing what I need to do and quickly go back to my son… it pains me to see that he is so hurt…

After a few minutes, I am now in the control room, luckily they already planted some guards that I can now go inside easily. Though it still puzzles me why wouldn’t he just use these planted guards for the operation.

I quickly went through the manual he sent me and started working and within minutes, I could see the generator overworking and the lights in the room quickly became brighter and soon, went out completely.

Now with this, my job should be done… I should quickly leave…

Leaving the room I notice that the entire hospital is in disarray, with doctors and nurses running around, people and their relatives running around too. I quickly follow the crowd and run to my son’s room to avoid any suspicion.

Upon reaching the room, I saw that it is empty, no one is inside, but there were two things that got my attention. My son’s phone charger seems to have exploded as there is debris and also a black explosion mark on the table. The other is that the bathroom is marked off limit and it seems like someone tried to drag someone out as there are marks all over the ground… My son isn’t affected, right?

Is my wife also with him right now? It better be… it is taking far too long even if she is coming up on foot. I decided to just wait here until they were back.

Luckily, it didn’t take too long, after around 15 minutes, Marco, one of the remaining friends of my son came back, though his sad face wasn’t giving me a good feeling. Something has happened and it is definitely related to my son.

“Where is Beno?” I asked.

“He… is in the operation room. His left hand has been too injured and has to be amputated. They are currently operating on his eyes to take out any debris in it… chances are he might have severely impaired vision after this…” Marco said which made my heart sink… why my son had to endure all of this…

“Oh yeah, where is the other friend? The girl. Didn’t she come with you to visit Beno?” I asked again, this time, his face became even worse.

“She… is gone…” is all that Marco said before he slumped onto one of the chairs. I see… I just wonder why you all have to endure all of this, it just isn’t right…

“Oh yeah, did you see Beno’s mom? Is she with him right now?” I asked lastly, but this one I got a shocked response, I have a bad feeling.

“We thought she was with you? We saw her when we were coming up but she waited for a bit, we assume it's to wait for you.” Marco said.

Shit… without even replying to him, I went out to find my wife, grabbing every doctor and nurse I can and asking about her, but most of them haven’t even seen her. Walking past the elevator I saw that one of the two elevators was stuck due to the electricity as the needle was pointing in between the floor, while the second one seemed to be at the first floor.

While rushing to find my wife I heard some of the rumors spreading among the nurses, they said that the mayor’s life support had been cut off and he was dead, and the head counselor was also dead in the elevator. It seems like after I shut the power off, someone cut the cables of the elevator he is in, causing it to crash down and killing him.

Good riddance, I hate the mayor because he keeps blocking me from doing my deals and the counselor is just a jerk in general. Though, with this, the city will definitely focus on investigating this though… I know that they will clear out the camera footage but I am a bit scared of it. I used too many resources to get to this place and I don’t want it to go down the drain just because of some goddamn mistake.

But still, where is she… I already asked as many people I could and almost combed out this entire floor, yet she is nowhere to be found… I really is not having a good feeling of this…

Not giving up I started to search the other floors. Still, to my avail, she is nowhere to be found, dejectedly I went back to find my son, luckily while I am looking for hours without result, he came out safely, relatively of course… his left hand has been amputated and there is an eye patch on his right eye.

Just what have you done my son… to earn such retribution… is it what you have done that caused this…

If only your mom made another son, then I wouldn’t be this desperate for an heir…

Here we go! The first side chapter from the father's side!

Gonna say, writing this makes me think of my own father, but at the very least, he went and get milk and never came back. Better than this one

7