Chapter 19 A Painful Sight
4.1k 11 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19 A Painful Sight

“Boy what’s your name?”asked the mysterious man as he continued to examine the boy in front of him.

“Elder I am klaus” the talented boy said as he bowed to the mysterious elder

“Boy call me elder Fin” “boy I am would you like to come with me to join the main sect of the beast sect?”

“Thank you elder”Klaus said as he bowed to the elder with a happy expression, klaus was of course ecstatic about be able to go to the main sect as it will mean an a great boon for his future path towards cultivation, with the resource of the main sect he will finally be able to unleash his full potential and speed through cultivation.

“Great” follow me” as elder fin said this he taped on the flying surfboard on his hand and instantly in extended by about 15-20 inches, after which the elder grabbed klaus by the shoulder and jumped onto the surfboard which then flew into the air and both of them soon disappeared into the clouds.

After the elder and Klaus had gone, everyone in the ground let out a fresh breath of air as if a huge boulder was lifted from their shoulders.

Soon everyone started chatting and whispering about what just happened, some were full of jealousy while others were just happy to see such a powerful person and this even ignited some people’s desire to cultivate to be able to one day be able to fly through the sky.

Soon though the recruitment staff started ordering the participants to get back to the recruitment men process.

so Afzol also went through the first checkpoint and on to the next stage,as and soon after going through a hallway he reached an open area where there where many other people like him waiting for the next stage of test,This was a circular open space that would fit a hundred people, at the centre of it was 3 small circles and inside them were one wooden training dummies each all doing a certain martial arts stance as if ready for battle.

A few feet away from the small circles were tables and chairs which had what seemed to be examiners sitting on them waiting patiently.

Other then the training dummy and the three small circles there was a person sized couldern on the far right of the open space.  

everyone was walking around chatting and checking out there opponents as they waited for the first stage to finish.

And so, after Waiting another 5-10 min the recruitment staff finally stood up from there sits.

“Quiet!!” Aloud shout came from one of the staff which echoed throughout the field causing everyone to stop there actions and face towards the centre the of area where the elders were

As everyone stared at the elders the elder began to speak again “We shall begin the next round of the recruitment process, being here means that all of you who has reached the bare minimum in cultivation level needed to enter the four sects but this is far from enough to give you a pass to enter the sects, to succeed in the cultivation world one needs the right mindset as one cannot reach far without the help of the other, one who has great talent but no determination is guaranteed to fail. And so the next few stages will determine your mindset and will”

“This Stage will be a simple practical skill, in front of me are three circles and training dummies, your task is to stay within the circle for the length of a minute.” As he said this he pointed at the training dummies which came to life and started moving within the circles.

“The training dummies have been embedded with some foundation fighting styles, you are able to use anything at your disposal to survive in there, you can quit anytime by slapping the ground or calling out”

Then the elder sat making another elder stand

“For these who excel in alchemy will get another chance to pass if they fail or if they want to join the sect by joining the alchemy department, these who wish to join the alchemy department can join the line next to the clouduen after fail or passing the dummy test, you may now start the test”

After saying this he sat back on his ceat.

One by one all the candidates circled around the dummy’s and finally a person stepped into one of the circles and everyone watched attentively so as to get as much information to help them when there turn came

But the second that the candidate stepped into the circle the dummy disappeared from its position leaving only dust, in the next second he was right in front of the candidate with a powerful fist to his stomach.

Boom! The candidate had no time to react before he was thrown into the air by the punch making him vomit out blood.

Watching the candidate fall back to the the ground the crowd were shocked beyond belief but that wasn’t the end because before the crowd could come to terms with what they had just seen, the dummy sent another punch towards the candidate that was trying to stand up.

This time the punch was on shoulder and a massive thundering crack was hared in all directions as the candidates shoulders dislocated and his arm flopped around without any strength

Ahhhh!! The candidate screamed for a second before his eyes became blurred with his consciousness as he fell face down to the ground.

After seeing no movement the dummy made no further action and went back to sleep mode leaving the audience shocked beyond belief, there brain could not process what has happened fast enough from them to react on time.

As they looked on in amazement at the dummy some medics came and took the injured candidate who was still unconscious.

“Hahaha” but quickly the silent  that invaded the area was soon crushed by a howling laughter.

26