Chapter 36: The Truth
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It seems our thoughts align!" Mu Xiong said with a smile.

"Are you suggesting I go and bring him back?" Chang Qing asked.

"No, bringing him back would be pointless," Mu Xiong replied.

"Then what is your plan?" Chang Qing inquired.

Mu Xiong leaned in, whispered a few words, and then said, "This way, it will be a great achievement!"

Chang Qing nodded, pondered for a moment, and said, "With my capabilities alone, I'm afraid it might be challenging."

"Mr. Chang, when did you become so modest?" Mu Xiong chuckled.

"I don't know what modesty is; I just speak the truth," Chang Qing said calmly.

"Mr. Chang, rest assured, I've already figured out the plan," Mu Xiong assured.

"In that case, when do you plan to take action?" Chang Qing asked.

"The timing is not right yet. When it is, I'll send someone to inform you," Mu Xiong said.

Chang Qing nodded and said, "Alright."

"Good, tonight I came mainly to discuss these matters with Mr. Chang. In that case, I'll take my leave now!" Mu Xiong stood up.

"Alright, no need to escort me," Chang Qing said.

Mu Xiong turned and left. Chang Qing sat there, watching him walk out, and after a while, he turned to look at the tea cups on the table, lost in thought.

After a long time, Chang Qing sighed and said, "Our next meeting, it seems, will be in a different world!"

Having said that, he sighed a few more times and then got up to go inside.

Life went on, and quiet days returned. The quietness, however, seemed a bit intimidating.

Tian Hua continued to live in this seemingly quiet life. Outwardly, his life appeared unchanged from the past, but internally, emotions surged, difficult to calm.

Night, always silent, yet sleep was elusive.

One day, Tian Hua was busy in the kitchen when suddenly, a figure appeared behind him. Without turning around, Tian Hua said, "Wait a moment, it'll be ready soon!"

The person stood behind Tian Hua without saying a word, just quietly standing there. After a while, Tian Hua felt something strange, turned around for a glance, and froze in place. At that moment, time seemed to freeze.

A face that felt like a dream, eyes full of infatuation and resentment – when would they meet again? Now, it happened unexpectedly.

The long spoon in Tian Hua's hand had stopped moving, and the vegetables in the pot continued to simmer with a "gurgling" sound.

"What's going on? Did something burn?" Han Boss, entering from the front, smelled the burnt odor and asked.

"Tian Hua, the vegetables in the pot are burnt!" Han Boss anxiously pointed to the pot.

Startled by Han Boss's call, Tian Hua, smelling the burnt scent, quickly turned around, extinguished the fire, poured out the burnt food, and said, "Han Uncle, I'm sorry. I'll stir-fry a new dish for you right away!"

"Han Uncle, this young lady just said she came to find you with some business!" Han Boss said with a smile.

"Han Uncle, I know!" Tian Hua said, then turned to Murong Feiyan and said, "Feiyan, please sit in the yard. Let me finish my work, and then we can talk!"

Murong Feiyan agreed with a nod, turning to walk into the yard.

Han Boss watched her leave and then smiled at Tian Hua, "Tian Hua, I'll go ahead and check up front."

"Sure, Han Uncle. I'll bring the dish over as soon as it's done," Tian Hua said.

Busy in the kitchen, Murong Feiyan sat quietly in the yard, watching the kitchen.

"Sister, who are you? Why are you sitting here?" a tender voice rang out.

Murong Feiyan followed the sound, seeing a lovely little girl with big eyes staring at her.

"Little sister, what's your name?" Murong Feiyan asked with a smile.

"I'm called Little Bell," Little Bell said cheerfully.

"Little Bell... these two little bells on your head are so cute!" Murong Feiyan touched the two small bells on Little Bell's head and said with a smile.

"Sister, who are you?" Little Bell asked curiously.

"Sister is a friend of Tian Hua," Murong Feiyan smiled and replied.

"Oh, so you came to find Tian Hua brother. Tian Hua brother is in the kitchen. Why don't you go find him instead of sitting here?" Little Bell said.

"Little Bell, can sister chat with you for a while?" Murong Feiyan asked with a smile.

"Sure!" Little Bell nodded.

After that, Murong Feiyan chatted with Little Bell, mostly about Tian Hua. As they talked, Little Bell found it less interesting and said, "I want to go play now."

Without waiting for Murong Feiyan to respond, she ran off. Murong Feiyan watched her leave and suddenly felt a slight sense of loss.

Time seemed to crawl. Tian Hua was busy in the kitchen, and Murong Feiyan anxiously waited in the yard.

The autumn night seemed to arrive earlier. In the courtyard, Murong Feiyan's figure gradually blurred, while the light in the kitchen remained on, making Tian Hua's figure distinct.

Tian Hua occasionally looked towards the yard. Seeing Murong Feiyan sitting there alone, he also felt a bit embarrassed. Sometimes, he thought about going up and saying a few words to her, but as soon as he took a step, he forgot what to say!

After a long time, Tian Hua pondered and walked into the yard. Looking at Murong Feiyan, he calmed down and said, "Feiyan, stay here tonight and have dinner!"

Murong Feiyan looked at Tian Hua, thought for a moment, and smiled, nodding.

Tian Hua saw that she agreed, so he gestured towards the kitchen and went in to continue his work.

As the evening fell and the guests had all departed, Han Boss and the old man cleaned up the room, closed the door, and then came to the backyard. Tian Hua was seen placing plates of cooked dishes onto the table in the courtyard, while Murong Feiyan quietly watched him.

Seeing Han Boss and the old man, Tian Hua called them to get ready for dinner. He went to fetch a few bottles of wine and placed them on the table.

Once everyone was seated, Han Boss smiled and asked, "Tian Hua, who is this young lady?"

"Han Uncle, she is Murong Feiyan from 'Heavenly Fragrance Pavilion,'" Tian Hua replied.

Han Boss, astonished, exclaimed, "I've heard about Murong Feiyan from 'Heavenly Fragrance Pavilion.' She's renowned for her beauty and exceptional dancing skills. Today, seeing her in person, it truly lives up to the saying 'seeing is believing.' Come, let me raise a toast to you."

"Han Boss, you're too kind. I apologize for the sudden intrusion today, and I appreciate your understanding," Murong Feiyan responded, lifting her wine glass.

The three engaged in casual conversation and unconsciously consumed seven or eight glasses of wine. Little Bell pouted on the side, watching the three of them drink. Seeing this, Han Boss chuckled and then raised his wine glass, saying, "Miss Murong, I'll take Little Bell to wash up and sleep. I won't disturb you any longer."

"Han Boss, please go ahead," Murong Feiyan replied.

Han Boss put down his wine glass, took Little Bell's hand, and walked towards the house. After a few steps, he turned back, smiling, and said, "Tian Hua, entertain Miss Murong with a few more drinks."

Tian Hua nodded but didn't say anything. After finishing their meal, the old man went back to his room.

Now only Tian Hua and Murong Feiyan remained in the courtyard. Tian Hua looked down at the wine cups on the table, and Murong Feiyan silently observed him. The two sat in silence for a long time, without exchanging words.

"Tian Hua, why aren't you saying anything?" Murong Feiyan broke the silence.

Tian Hua looked up at her, then lowered his head again without speaking.

Seeing him silent, Murong Feiyan whispered, "Are you still troubled by what happened that morning?"

Upon hearing this, Tian Hua suddenly felt nervous, and his face turned slightly red. He picked up the wine glass, turning it in his hands from time to time.

"In fact, you don't have to be like this. Nothing happened that night. We got drunk, they carried us upstairs, and then they undressed us and let us rest together. In the end, nothing happened between us. So, you don't need to carry it in your heart," Murong Feiyan explained.

"Although that's the case, I can't forget it in my heart," Tian Hua said with a touch of melancholy.

Hearing him say this, Murong Feiyan felt a slight joy in her heart. She lifted her wine glass and said, "Tian Hua, tonight, let's not think about anything else. Consider it a gathering of friends, and let go of everything else."

Tian Hua looked at her, thought for a moment, raised his wine glass, and said, "A rare intoxication in life can dispel a thousand worries." With that, he drank it all. Murong Feiyan followed suit.

The two didn't say much afterward, just exchanging cups one after another. In no time, two bottles of wine were emptied. Tian Hua felt slightly drunk and said to Murong Feiyan, "Feiyan, it's getting late tonight. I think we should stop here!"

Murong Feiyan, also a bit tipsy by now, agreed with a nod.

"Tian Hua, in that case, I'll take my leave now," Murong Feiyan stood up and said.

"I'll accompany you," Tian Hua said.

Tian Hua opened the front door, feeling a cold wind, and the surroundings were pitch dark, making the path unclear.

"Wait a moment, let me get a lantern to escort you back!" Tian Hua said, went inside, grabbed a lantern, locked the door, and then walked out with Murong Feiyan.

The two walked mostly in silence, and soon they arrived at the front of "Heavenly Fragrance Pavilion." Murong Feiyan looked at Tian Hua, and Tian Hua looked at the front door, saying, "It's cold at night. You should go in!"

Murong Feiyan stepped forward, knocked on the door, and entered. Tian Hua watched her go in, said nothing, turned around, and left.

Leaning against the door, Murong Feiyan watched the lantern moving away, unable to see Tian Hua's figure. After a while, she sighed, closed the door, and went back to her room.

Tian Hua returned to the tavern, tidied up the courtyard, and went to sleep.

The next few days, life resumed its tranquility, and everyone was busy with their respective tasks, with no interactions.

One morning, Tian Hua was sitting in the room with nothing to do when a person entered. He came to Tian Hua and bowed, saying, "Young Master, my young lady invites you to the tavern for a meeting tonight."

Tian Hua looked up and saw the carriage driver who delivered letters every time. He looked at the man, thought for a moment, and said, "Please tell your young lady that I have some business tonight and might not be able to make it."

"Master, my young lady said if you are unwilling to come, please read this letter first," the man said with a smile, handing over a sealed letter to Tian Hua.

After taking the letter, Tian Hua looked at the man with suspicion and asked, "Did your young lady say anything else?"

"Nothing else. She only instructed me to deliver this letter to you if you declined the invitation. She said you would understand after reading it," the man replied. Then, he added, "Master, if there's nothing else, I'll take my leave."

Tian Hua nodded, and the man turned and left. Tian Hua watched him leave and then went to the

backyard with the letter.

In the backyard, Tian Hua opened the letter and read it carefully from beginning to end. After finishing it, he sat there, staring into space. Eventually, he stood up and said to himself, "Feiyan, why does it have to be like this!"

As darkness gradually fell, Tian Hua looked around the tavern and estimated the time. He then approached Han Boss and said, "Han Uncle, I'm going out for a while. It might be late when I return, so don't wait for me for dinner."

"Sure, Tian Hua," Han Boss replied from behind the counter, watching Tian Hua leave the tavern.

Tian Hua arrived at the front of "Heavenly Fragrance Pavilion" and hesitated for a moment before slowly walking in. The room was quiet: a table full of feasts, Murong Feiyan sitting alone, staring at Tian Hua intently.

Avoiding Murong Feiyan's gaze, Tian Hua walked to the table and sat opposite her.

"Tian Hua, did you read the letter?" Murong Feiyan asked softly.

Tian Hua nodded and said, "Yes, I've read it."

Murong Feiyan remained silent, stood up, picked up the wine bottle on the table, filled Tian Hua's glass, and then her own. She raised her wine glass to Tian Hua and said, "Tian Hua, I toast to you." After saying that, she emptied her glass. Tian Hua lifted his glass, looked at Murong Feiyan, and then emptied it as well. After finishing the drink, he put down the glass and lowered his head, looking at the wine cups on the table.

Murong Feiyan stood up, filled the two glasses again, and then looked at Tian Hua. After a long time, she said, "Tian Hua, can we talk tonight?"

Tian Hua raised his head, seeing Murong Feiyan's soft eyes looking at him. For some reason, this time Tian Hua didn't avoid it but looked at her deeply. The two locked eyes, and perhaps in that gaze, both of them saw something, causing them to become mesmerized.

"Feiyan, why does it have to be like this?" Tian Hua sighed.

Murong Feiyan didn't say anything. Instead, she raised her wine glass and said to Tian Hua, "Everything must have a resolution, and I believe this is the best solution between us."

After saying that, she took a sip from her glass. At this moment, two tears slid down her cheeks and fell to the ground. The sound was faint, but Tian Hua heard it clearly. His heart trembled.

Murong Feiyan put down her glass, and when Tian Hua looked, her eyes were still filled with tears. Tian Hua was surprised, and in a fluster, he said, "Feiyan, what's wrong with you?"

Murong Feiyan did not answer but instead looked at Tian Hua. At this moment, Tian Hua wore a puzzled and anxious expression, and she genuinely didn't know what to say. After a long while, she sighed with a tone of sorrow and said, "In this life, there are many things beyond our control."

Night gradually settled, the streets quieted down, pedestrians dispersed, and shops closed one by one. However, the "Heavenly Fragrance Pavilion" stood out like a beacon, shining in the center of the town.

In the backyard of the tavern, Han Boss and two others were having dinner. After finishing their meal, Han Boss took Little Bell inside to put her to sleep. He then came out and saw the old man tidying up the table. Han Boss approached, gestured a few times, and the old man nodded understandingly, leaving the courtyard for his room.

Observing the old man's departure, Han Boss glanced at Tian Hua's room, then at his own, and after a moment of contemplation, he muttered to himself, "The two have been here for a while. Aren't they waiting for me alone?"

Before he could finish his sentence, two figures emerged from the darkness, landing in the courtyard.

Han Boss looked at the newcomers and casually said, "Changqing, I didn't expect that after fifty years, we would meet again in such circumstances."

The two people who arrived were none other than Changqing and Zou Ming.

Hearing Han Boss mention his name, Zou Ming was surprised and looked at Han Boss with confusion. How did he know Changqing?

"Han Wen, I also never expected that we would meet again in a different world after fifty years," Changqing sighed.

On the side, Zou Ming, upon hearing Changqing call Han Boss by his name, became even more puzzled. Despite knowing Han Boss for so many years, he didn't know Han Boss's name. Changqing, who had never met Han Boss before, how did he know his name? Had they known each other all along? What was the relationship between them?

"I wonder what brings you two here in the middle of the night," Han Boss said.

"Han Wen, old friends meeting again. Let's sit down and talk," Changqing said.

"Old friends? Hmph, since you followed Yuxing Tian, we haven't been friends," Han Boss said indignantly.

"Back then, I had no choice!" Changqing said with a hint of helplessness.

"No choice!" Han Boss dismissed.

"When Tianlong and the others left without saying goodbye, I intended to leave and wait for their return. But unexpectedly, Yuxing Tian found me and asked me to follow him. If not, he wouldn't have let me stay in this world. I am not afraid of death, but I wanted to keep this old life and hoped to see Tianlong again one day. Since then, I've been searching for their whereabouts for fifty years. Just recently, I found some clues. However, having the clues alone is not enough; I need your help to find out about Tianlong's whereabouts," Changqing explained.

"Help? What can I help you with?" Han Boss asked in confusion.

"Tian Hua, he must know their whereabouts. So, I want you to help us make him speak," Changqing said.

"He has a mouth. If he doesn't want to talk, what can I do?" Han Boss replied.

"That's why we came to find you tonight," Changqing said.

"I already said, finding me is useless. Although I also want to know Tianlong's whereabouts, if he doesn't speak, I can't do anything," Han Boss said.

"Since directly asking him won't work, there's only one way now," Changqing said.

"What way?" Han Boss asked.

"Let us borrow the little bell. We will handle the dirty work, and when he speaks, I guarantee the little bell will be returned to you intact. This way, you will know about Tianlong, and you won't suffer any loss," Changqing said.

"I think this is your business, not ours!" Han Boss said.

"How can this be our business! Don't you want to know about Tianlong's whereabouts?" Changqing said.

Upon hearing this, Han Boss burst into laughter. Zou Ming, standing on the side and listening to their conversation, felt inexplicably confused. When Han Boss laughed, Zou Ming looked at him, and to his surprise, Han Boss's face was slowly aging. Wrinkles appeared on his forehead and around his eyes. In no time, his hair and beard turned completely white. Han Boss now looked like an old man, but his eyes still glowed with vitality.

Watching this transformation, Zou Ming's eyes widened in shock and couldn't find words to say.

"I want to know Tianlong's whereabouts. I will find a way to ask myself. I don't need you to use these despicable methods. If you want to know about Tianlong, quietly inquire. Why let Mu Xiong and others know? Clearly, you want to investigate, report, and curry favor with Yuxing Tian after clarifying the matter," Han Boss angrily said.

"Han Wen, don't be so stubborn. I kindly told you that I wanted us to be friends, not to fight," Changqing said.

"I already said that we are no longer friends," Han Boss said.

"Han Wen, even if you are not my opponent, I won't be as cowardly and afraid of death as you, giving up and compromising, willingly becoming a lackey for others!" Han Boss declared loudly.

"Han Wen, don't force me like this!" Changqing said indignantly.

"Don't just talk. Unless I die today, you won't take Little Bell away," Han Boss said.

Changqing, hearing this, became extremely angry. He looked at Han Boss and said, "Han Wen, today you forced me, but blame yourself."

Han Boss remained silent, standing there, facing Changqing's angered gaze.

The two stared at each other for a long time. Suddenly, Changqing's figure moved, and his entire body disappeared into the darkness. Han Boss, upon seeing this, nervously scanned his surroundings.

The night was deep, and everything seemed to be engulfed in darkness. There was no glimmer of light, only the sound of powerless sighs and lamentations. The roar, like millennia-old anger, burst forth, unstoppable and fierce!

Inside the "Heavenly Fragrance Pavilion," Tian Hua and Murong Feiyan were still drinking. Tian Hua, intending to leave several times, was persuaded by Murong Feiyan each time.

After finishing another glass, Murong Feiyan put down the cup and softly said, "Tian Hua, can you not leave tonight?"

"This..." Tian Hua was surprised when he heard this, not knowing how to respond.

"Tian Hua, stay tonight. Let's talk properly. Perhaps after tonight, we may not have another chance," Murong Feiyan said with a hint of sadness.

"Feiyan, what's happening tonight?" Tian Hua asked.

"Don't ask anything. Tonight, I just hope you stay. Let's talk. Maybe after tonight, we won't have another chance," Murong Feiyan repeated.

"Then tell me what happened, and why did you write that

letter?" Tian Hua asked anxiously.

"Nothing. I'm fine. As I said before, everything needs to be resolved. My letter is the best solution to the matter," Murong Feiyan said, still smiling.

"Then tell me what's going on. Don't keep me in the dark," Tian Hua pleaded.

"Tian Hua, I can't tell you now. Wait until dawn, and I will tell you everything. By then, I believe you will be able to resolve the matter according to what's written in the letter," Murong Feiyan said, still smiling.

Hearing this, Tian Hua became even more confused. Despite questioning several times, Murong Feiyan refused to speak. Tian Hua had no choice but to sit there, accompanying her, drinking and chatting, waiting for the morning.

The two continued to drink all night and talk about everything. Finally, as dawn approached, the outside was slightly brightened. Tian Hua, now somewhat drunk, said, "Feiyan, it's morning."

Murong Feiyan raised her head, looked out the window, and then at the beam of sunlight in the room. She sighed, "Happy times always pass by so quickly."

After saying that, Murong Feiyan walked to Tian Hua, looked at him, and then bent down to gently kiss his forehead. During that kiss, a mixture of emotions overwhelmed her, and two teardrops fell, landing on Tian Hua's head.

Tian Hua, who was initially left in a daze by the kiss, was suddenly awakened by the tears. He stood up, supporting Murong Feiyan's shoulders with his hands, and gently said, "Feiyan, what's really going on?"

With tears in her eyes, Murong Feiyan looked out of the window. At this moment, the sky was brightening, and the sun was rising. Through the window, several beams of light entered the "Heavenly Fragrance Pavilion"...

0