Chapter 40: Forty, Plan
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang...

The courtyard door was kicked open. All five of them nervously stared at the entrance, watching as Kong Xu strode in, followed by around fifty people holding torches. These individuals briskly walked in after Kong Xu, forming two opposing lines. Kong Xu took a few steps forward, standing in the middle of the two groups.

The courtyard, now illuminated by torchlight, resembled daylight...

Upon seeing Kong Xu and his group, Tian Hua was already astonished. How did they find this place? How could they know about here? Tian Hua couldn't fathom what was happening!

"Tian Hua, given your current condition, there's probably no chance of escaping today. Disclose the secrets of your village, and I can guarantee that we won't harm any of you!" Kong Xu shouted.

Tian Hua glared at Kong Xu but remained silent. He understood that, in his current physical state, he was no match for Kong Xu. Even with the assistance of Zou Ming and Cheng Kong, attempting to break through Kong Xu's forces was extremely perilous. If anything were to happen to Little Bell and the old man, how could he face Uncle Han and Han Shu under the nine springs?

"Well, what's your decision?" Kong Xu asked.

Just as Tian Hua was about to respond, Cheng Kong shouted from the side, "Kong Xu, a defeated general dares to be strong today!"

Kong Xu glanced at Cheng Kong and furiously retorted, "Cheng Kong, don't think that you're superior just because I lost to you last time. If it weren't for helping the town master execute his plan, I wouldn't have lost to you so easily!"

As these words were spoken, Tian Hua and Cheng Kong both paused for a moment. Suddenly, Cheng Kong yelled, "Kong Xu, don't spout nonsense. Today, you and I will fight again to see the truth!"

After Cheng Kong finished speaking, he unsheathed his short sword and faced Kong Xu. Kong Xu, wielding dual blades, moved forward to meet Cheng Kong. The two groups holding torches retreated, leaving a battlefield behind.

The long sword and dual blades gleamed in the firelight as the two engaged in a fast-paced exchange. After a dozen moves, neither had gained the upper hand. Tian Hua and the others stood there silently, watching the intense duel. Cheng Kong, seeing the stalemate, suddenly said, "It seems they are natural rivals!"

Zou Ming nodded and said, "Indeed." Then, he cast a strange look at Tian Hua.

"If someone intervenes, I wonder how the outcome will change," Zou Ming said with a smile.

Tian Hua looked at Zou Ming strangely, thought for a moment, and replied, "It depends on who intervenes and which side they choose to help."

Zou Ming heard this, stood there, and smiled without saying a word.

Cheng Kong and Kong Xu were locked in an enjoyable battle. Suddenly, Kong Xu leaped out of the circle, shouting, "Zou Ming, not now. When should we strike?"

Before his words could fully sink in, Zou Ming was already in action. With a stretch of his hand, he reached for the little bell in the old man's arms. Cheng Kong and Tian Hua were left stunned for a moment. By the time they reacted, Zou Ming's hand was about to touch the little bell. The old man yelled, attempting to evade, but it was too late. Zou Ming kicked away Ali, who was trying to block him, and Cheng Kong, attempting to rush over, was also too late.

As Zou Ming touched the clothes of the little bell, he suddenly frowned, hastily retracting his hand and leaping backward. Zou Ming stood there, looking at Tian Hua, and said with a smile, "Unexpected that you can still make a move at this point!"

As Zou Ming spoke, Tian Hua staggered. If it weren't for Ali quickly running over to support him, Tian Hua might have fallen to the ground.

"Hmm, seems like that strike just now was a last-ditch effort," Zou Ming said with a grin.

Tian Hua looked at Zou Ming, panting heavily. Beads of sweat the size of soybeans slowly dripped down his forehead. He knew in his heart that the strike just now had almost exhausted all of his strength. If he hadn't discovered something unusual about Zou Ming earlier and made preparations in advance, Little Bell might have been taken away by now. His body could no longer respond at will.

"Why is it you?" Tian Hua asked sternly.

"What's so strange about that? Take people's money, and you help them solve their problems," Zou Ming said with a smile.

"So, does that mean you deliberately betrayed Mu Xiong outside the east gate that day?" Tian Hua asked.

"From kidnapping Little Bell to tonight is a complete plan," Zou Ming said.

"At the east gate, it wouldn't have been difficult for you and Kong Xu to capture Cheng Kong and me. Why did you intentionally let us go?" Tian Hua asked.

"At that time, even if we caught you, it wouldn't have been useful. We wouldn't have obtained what we wanted from you. But if Cheng Kong and I risked our lives to save you, the situation would be entirely different. You would treat us like your own, making it much easier to extract secrets from you!" Zou Ming explained with a smile.

"Despicable!" Tian Hua exclaimed.

"Well, Tian Hua, now hand over the scroll. I can guarantee your safety if you do," Zou Ming said.

"Never!" Tian Hua declared.

"Tian Hua, don't be stubborn. Today's situation is different from the one outside the east gate. Back then, you still had bargaining chips. Now, you have nothing. You can't even stand firmly now. Where can you go? Even if Cheng Kong is on your side, with his strength alone, it's probably difficult to resist Kong Xu and me, not to mention these fifty soldiers!" Zou Ming said.

"Zou Ming, unexpected that you would be such a person. I regarded you as a friend, someone I considered my sworn brother!" Cheng Kong shouted.

"Cheng Kong, I also considered you a sworn brother. But you blindly opposed the town master, so I have no choice but to let you down!" Zou Ming said.

Cheng Kong stood there, glared at Zou Ming, and remained silent.

"Tian Hua, consider carefully. In your current situation, aside from handing over the scroll, you have no other choice!" Zou Ming said.

Just as Tian Hua was about to say something, Cheng Kong raised his hand, and the long sword directly attacked Zou Ming. Zou Ming sensed it, hastily dodged, and took the opportunity to attack Tian Hua. Cheng Kong, in turn, seized the chance to leap forward, landing in front of Tian Hua, and said, "Tian Hua, while I hold them off, you escape through the rear window!"

As Cheng Kong spoke, Ali raised Tian Hua onto his back. Standing behind Cheng Kong, the old man also held Little Bell, who was still asleep. Tian Hua glanced at Little Bell, surprised that she could

sleep so soundly in such a situation.

"Cheng Kong, you're overestimating yourself!" Kong Xu, holding dual blades, said.

Cheng Kong remained silent, staring intently at the two of them.

"Cheng Kong, today's matter is already decided. If you stop now, I assure the town master won't hold grudges against you for what happened earlier!" Zou Ming said.

"I won't say the same thing twice!" Cheng Kong said.

"Cheng Kong, since that's the case, you can blame it on yourselves!" Zou Ming said.

Having spoken, Zou Ming leaped up, and with a wave of his hand, countless silver needles shot towards Cheng Kong's group. The long sword circled around, forming a defensive barrier, but as the silver needles touched it, they scattered. After a while, the silver needles stopped, and Cheng Kong took the opportunity to retract his sword, saying, "Go!"

Ali and the old man, carrying Tian Hua and Little Bell, rushed towards the house. Kong Xu, wielding dual blades, advanced, saying, "Leaving won't be so easy!"

Chapter 40: Forty, Plan

Bang...

The courtyard door was kicked open. All five of them nervously stared at the entrance, watching as Cheng Kong rushed forward to block the attack. Cheng Kong and Kong Xu were engaged in a fierce battle, completely oblivious to Zou Ming's actions. Zou Ming's precision was impeccable; as his hand rose, several silver needles flew out, striking the old man's leg accurately. Writhing in pain, the old man fell to the ground, and Little Bell was crushed beneath him, still asleep and unaware of the chaos.

"Grandpa!" Ali exclaimed, coming to a halt.

At the sight of this, Cheng Kong abandoned the fight with Kong Xu and leaped towards the old man. He lifted Little Bell from the ground, intending to help the old man, but Kong Xu, dual blades in hand, advanced towards them. Cheng Kong quickly pushed the old man away, narrowly avoiding Kong Xu's strike, and landed beside the old man, who rolled away to dodge the attack.

Seizing the opportunity, Zou Ming launched a few silver needles towards Cheng Kong as he descended. Cheng Kong sensed the danger but couldn't evade in time. With a swift movement, Zou Ming kicked Cheng Kong, and as Cheng Kong tried to counterattack, the silver needles pierced his abdomen. Cheng Kong fell from mid-air.

"Cheng Kong!" Tian Hua shouted.

Seeing the dire situation, Kong Xu leaped towards Cheng Kong, blades raised, while the old man, still on the ground, lunged at Kong Xu, grabbing his legs and shouting, "Ali, you must go!"

Kong Xu's legs were suddenly restrained, almost causing him to fall. Enraged, he raised his blades high, ready to strike down. The old man's voice faded into a painful cry as the blades penetrated him.

"Grandpa!" Tian Hua and Ali exclaimed simultaneously. Tears flowed down their faces.

Suddenly, Cheng Kong roared, and his longsword shattered, transforming into countless fragments that soared towards Zou Ming and Kong Xu. Alarmed, Zou Ming leaped towards the courtyard, and Kong Xu blocked the incoming shards with his dual blades. Seizing the moment, Ali, carrying Tian Hua, and Cheng Kong, holding Little Bell, rushed towards the house.

The fragments disappeared, and Zou Ming and Kong Xu hurriedly pursued them. The door was locked, but Kong Xu kicked it open. They entered the house, finding the back window wide open. Tian Hua and the others had already escaped.

"Chase them!" Zou Ming yelled.

Zou Ming and Kong Xu jumped out of the window, torches in hand, followed by their group. Ali, carrying Tian Hua, Cheng Kong with Little Bell, the four of them navigated through the pitch-black forest. Fortunately, Ali was familiar with the paths on the mountain, avoiding the challenging terrain.

Suddenly, they noticed a blaze behind them, illuminating not only their path but also the surroundings. Zou Ming and Kong Xu, following the faint bloodstains on the ground, had caught up. The noise of footsteps and voices echoed, and with Ali carrying Tian Hua and Cheng Kong nursing an injury, they struggled to keep pace. Zou Ming and Kong Xu were closing in!

Eventually, Zou Ming and Kong Xu caught up with them. Carrying torches, their group surrounded Tian Hua and his companions. Zou Ming sneered, "Tian Hua, you have no way out now. Hand over the scroll, and I promise your safety!"

Ali set Tian Hua down, supporting him while glaring at Zou Ming. Tian Hua faced Zou Ming in silence, and Cheng Kong, holding Little Bell, stood there without uttering a word.

Seeing their predicament, Kong Xu unsheathed his dual blades, ready for action. Zou Ming said, "Tian Hua, at this point, you have no other choice. Hand over the scroll, and I guarantee your safety."

"Tian Hua, you think you can intimidate us with some mystic artifact you conjured? Tell you what..." Kong Xu started to say.

Before he could finish, Cheng Kong suddenly shouted, "Enough talk! We're not going to waste any more time on you!" Cheng Kong unsheathed his short sword, ready to confront them.

"Wait!" Tian Hua raised his hand.

Cheng Kong halted, looking at Tian Hua. Tian Hua reached into his chest pocket and pulled out the scroll. Looking at Zou Ming and Kong Xu, he said, "Since you've gone through all this trouble for the scroll, here you go!"

"Tian Hua..." Ali exclaimed in surprise.

Tian Hua gestured for Ali to stay quiet. Holding the scroll, he faced Zou Ming and Kong Xu. They eagerly accepted the scroll, examining it closely. After a while, Zou Ming asked, "Tian Hua, how do we use this thing?"

Tian Hua chuckled, "Open it, and I'll tell you how to use it."

Zou Ming hesitated, glancing at Tian Hua suspiciously. Tian Hua laughed, "We're already in this situation. Even if there's a plot, what's there to fear? Is someone going to jump out and save us? Come on, open it!"

Zou Ming, thinking it over, decided to unravel the scroll. As he did, a beam of light shot into the sky, connecting with the heavens. Zou Ming was startled and dropped the scroll. The light flowed down like water, forming a swirling pool. Suddenly, a massive light ring emerged from the pool, revolving along with the clear water.

Everyone was astonished at the spectacle. The light ring stopped spinning, standing still as the light faded away. In the center of where the light had been, an image appeared — the figure of Tian Hua's father, Tian Long.

Hearing Tian Hua's exclamation, everyone was dumbfounded. The image of Tian Long, who Tian Hua hadn't seen for a long time, appeared before them.

"Tian Hua, you seem weak. What happened? Who are these people?" Tian Long inquired, scanning the surroundings.

"Dad, it's hard to explain in a few words. Please get rid of these people first, and we'll talk!" Tian Hua replied.

As Zou Ming and Kong Xu saw the image of Tian Long, they were shocked and confused. They couldn't comprehend what was happening, feeling as if they were in a dream. Tian Hua's words brought them back to reality.

"Tian Hua, don't think you can scare us with some weird trick. Tell you what..." Kong Xu began to say.

Before he could finish, suddenly, as if carried by the wind, Kong Xu and Zou Ming were thrown to the side, crashing heavily to the ground. Kong Xu tried to move but found himself immobilized. Similarly, Cheng Kong, who was about to attack, was frozen in place.

Zou Ming and Kong Xu remained still, beads of sweat forming on their foreheads. Cheng Kong, still holding his swords, was unable to move a muscle.

While Zou Ming and Kong Xu were frozen in place, the others began to panic, whispering to each other in confusion.

"Both of you, can you leave now?" Tian Long asked.

Zou Ming glanced at Kong Xu, then nodded, "Yes, we're leaving now!"

As they spoke, they suddenly felt their bodies lightening, able to move freely. They looked at Tian Long, then at Tian Hua. Zou Ming waved his hand reluctantly, "Let's go."

Seeing Zou Ming and the others leaving, Tian Hua staggered forward, embracing Tian Long, his voice choked, "Dad!"

Tian Long gently patted Tian Hua's back, saying, "Tian Hua, you've suffered."

They embraced for a while, and Tian Long, placing his hands on Tian Hua's shoulders, asked, "Tian Hua, who were those people just now?"

Tian Hua then recounted everything that had happened in the village since he left. After hearing the story, Tian Long sighed, "Tian Hua, you've grown up."

"Dad, she's Han Shu's daughter—Little Bell!" Tian Hua pointed tearfully at the still-sleeping Little Bell.

Tian Long looked at Tian Hua, sighed, and said with a hint of sadness, "Han Wen and I were comrades in arms, fighting side by side. I don't have time to explain everything about him now. Let me use the remaining strength to heal you and restore your energy!"

Tian Hua nodded. Tian Long extended his hand, placing it on Tian Hua's chest. Suddenly, a warm stream penetrated his body, making him feel warm all over. After a while, Tian Long withdrew his hand, saying, "All done!"

Tian Hua moved his limbs, feeling no hindrance; it seemed his body had fully recovered.

"Tian Hua, you're okay now! That's wonderful!" Ali exclaimed happily.

"All right, Tian Hua, you're fine now. I can leave with peace of mind!" Tian Long said.

"Dad, what should I do next?" Tian Hua asked.

"Tian Hua, you're grown up now. Some things you have to face on your own. Others can't give you advice!" Tian Long said, looking at Ali and Cheng Kong. "Thank you both for risking your lives to help Tian Hua! Tian Hua, take care of Little Bell to comfort Han Wen's spirit!"

After saying this, Tian Long's image slowly ascended into the sky. Smiling at Tian Hua, his image gradually disappeared.

"Dad!" Tian Hua called softly, looking at the fading image.

As the image completely disappeared, a voice rang out, "Tian Hua, this scroll can only be used three times, and each time, my image's time and power are limited. You have two more chances. When you use it for the third time, which will also be your departure, remember, remember!"

Tian Hua stared at the sky for a long time, until Ali called him.

Tian Hua turned to look at Ali, then went forward and took Little Bell from Cheng Kong's hands. "Ali, help Mr. Cheng. Let's go back!"

On the way, Ali asked, "Tian Hua, why didn't you let your dad kill Kong Xu and Zou Ming to avenge Grandpa?"

Tian Hua stopped, looked at Ali, and said, "Ali, Dad and the others withdrew from the war fifty years ago because they were tired of it. They deeply understood the harm war brought to the people. If today I asked Dad to kill, wouldn't I make it difficult for him?"

"What about Grandpa's revenge..." Ali hurriedly said.

"Don't worry, Ali. I'll explain it to you!" Tian Hua said firmly.

The three continued in silence, quickly returning to the chaotic house at the foot of the mountain. The recent fight had left it in disarray. The old man lay quietly there. Seeing him, Ali let go of Cheng Kong, crying as he ran up.

Tian Hua's tears flowed freely now. He looked at Little Bell in his arms, walked to the inner room, and gently placed her on the bed. Looking at Little Bell still sleeping peacefully, Tian Hua whispered, "I hope you can be this quiet for the rest of your life, undisturbed by this world."

After saying this, Tian Hua walked out, gently closing the door, and returned to the front room.

At this moment, Ali had placed the old man's body in the center of the room. He knelt beside the corpse, tears streaming down. Cheng Kong stood by, covering his abdominal wound with a painful expression, watching the bloodstains on his fingers. His face was filled with sorrow, and tears rolled down his cheeks.

Tian Hua, with tears in his eyes, approached and patted Ali's shoulder, choking, "Ali, I'm sorry. It's all my fault..." These few sentences were all he knew how to say. In his heart, he understood that saying anything now was useless. At this moment, tears flowed without restraint.

"Tian Hua, this has nothing to do with you..." Ali saw Tian Hua like this, fearing he would blame himself too much, and tried to console him while wiping away tears.

"Tian Hua, let Grandpa rest here quietly! Let's check Mr. Cheng's injuries first!" Ali said.

After saying that, Ali stood up, helped Cheng Kong, and walked towards the inner room. Tian Hua, seeing Ali like this, followed suit.

Ali removed the silver needles from Cheng Kong's body and bandaged him. Tian Hua watched silently.

"Tian Hua, what do you plan to do next?" Cheng Kong asked.

"I already have a plan in my heart!" Tian Hua said.

"What plan?" Cheng Kong asked.

"This plan can't be said right now." Tian Hua said.

"Tian Hua

, are you suspicious of me by saying that?" Cheng Kong said.

"Mr. Cheng, you've misunderstood! I'm just waiting for someone." Tian Hua said.

"Who?" Ali and Cheng Kong asked simultaneously.

Tian Hua looked out the window. The night was already deep, and nothing could be seen except darkness. The rustling sound of leaves being blown by the wind filled the air.

0