Best Day Ever
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside Beacons cafeteria Team RDDD is eating lunch at a table across from team RWBY and JNPR.

Asher stands up and slams his foot on his seat, and puts his hands on his hips. "Men, we have made it to the second semester in one piece. And we need to prepare for it and what it will throw at us!"

An apple is thrown behind Asher.

Simmons sighs as he closes a text book. "Last semester was hard."

"Yeah, I was nearly killed!" Grif bites into a turkey leg.

Asher grows sad. "To bad you weren't."

Grif sighs. "Dear Oum."

Donut smiles. "I for one enjoyed last semester. I had lots of fun."

"Besides the hard tests and nearly dying, I guess it was fun." Simmons says.

"How?" Grif asks. "I hate being here, so nothing is ever fun. Other than the free food."

"Grif, you are the laziest person I have ever met." Asher shakes his head.

"And you're just realizing this now?" Grif asks.

"Well, I first had my suspicions-" Asher starts, and everyone's eyes follow something in the background and after a few seconds all their eyes widen. "-when you were nearly late for... What are you guys looking at?"

Everyone points behind Asher, and he turns to see Weiss with a pie cream covering her face. Asher blinks his silver eyes a few times.

"Ohhhhh, boy." Asher mutters.

Outside the lunchroom is Sun, walking by his best friend Neptune.

"Man, that's harsh." Neptune says.

"So then we were fighting side by side and she was super fast and I threw a banana at a guy, which sounds gross, but it was awesome!" Sun recaps the events of the Docks.

"Nice."

"Right? And the best part is she's a Faunus! But that's a secret, okay?"

"Got it." Neptune responds. 

"And not a 'I'm gonna go tell Scarlet the second Sun turns his back' secret!" Sun leans in close to Neptune. "I'm talking secret secret!

"Woah, chill out, man, okay? I got it." Neptune stops and turns to Sun. "I got it."

"You better."

"Pfft.

The two continue on walking.

"I just don't wanna screw this up, ya know?" Sun says. "The people here are the coolest! Like the leader of Team RDDD has a car, that kind of looks like a puma, and it has a big gun on the back." Jaune gets thrown up against a window, as does some food. "No offense to you guys."

"None taken." Neptune responds.

The two arrive at the cafeteria entrance. 

"Okay, just in here." Sun starts. "I'm really excited for you to meet them, so be cool, okay? You're gonna be cool, right?"

"Dude."

Neptune crosses his arms and smiles, a bit of light shines off his bright white teeth.

Sun nods. "Good point."

The two slide into the lunch room.

"FOOD FIGHT!" Students yell.

Many students run past Sun and Neptune and leave the cafeteria. 

Nora laughs as she stands on a tall pile of stacked tables, her team down below.

"I'm queen of the castle~" Nora sings. "I'm queen of the castle~"

Team RDDD flips a table over and takes cover behind it.

"What the hell is going on!" Asher shouts as he wipes some ketchup off his face.

Simmons pokes out from the table. "It sounds like a food fight."

"Sham-Didly-Lance. That means it's gonna be hectic out there." Asher slams a fist onto his palm. "It will be chaotic, it will be bloody, it will be... amazing!"

"Isn't chaotic good?" Grif asks as he wipes some pie cream off his dog ears. "We can use the confusion to leave."

Asher turns to Grif. "Grif! Don't interrupts me while I'm leading in a battle situation."

Grif pokes his head out and sees Ruby yelling at Team JNPR, then he turns to Asher. "We're in battle?"

"Course we are!" Asher yells as food starts flying in the background. "Now get ready for your orders!" He turns to Donut. "Donut!"

"Yes, sir." Donut bites into an apple.

"Run around and scream like a woman!"

Donut tosses his apple away. "Can do."

Donut runs out from behind cover and starts screaming in a high pitched voice.

Asher turns to Grif. "Grif!"

"What?" Grif responds in an annoyed tone.

"Prepare to sacrifice yourself for your superior officer."

"I don't think I have been trained on that."

Asher turns to Simmons, Donut is heard screaming as he passes by their table. "Simmons, kiss ass at will."

Simmons swiftly speaks. "You're both an excellent leader and a handsome man, sir."

Asher smiles. "Excellent work, Simmons. Incoming." They all duck their heads down as a watermelon hits the top of their table. "Grif, you're up."

Grif watches as Donut rubs past them again, a little bit of juice on him now. "Permission to assist Donut, Sir?"

"Permission denied. I'm taking you for Operation: Meatshield. Just remember, just because your auras broken and your bones are too, doesn't mean you don't stop food from hitting me. Now get out there!"

"Good call, sir!" Simmons compliments.

Asher glances at Simmons, as a swordfish lands in the ground next to the table. "You're on your way to a medal, Simmons. In fact medals all the way around. Purple heart for Grif. Pink heart for Donut. And a brown nose for Simmons."

Donut screams in a high pitched voice. "I'm too young to die! I'm too pretty to die! I haven't even seen Banished yet!"

"Alright men!" Asher shouts. "Let's go!"

Asher, Simmons and Grif all jump over the turned table and charge.

Immediately Grif gets hit in the head with a watermelon and it gets stuck on his head, making him fall to the ground. Asher rolls over a table and grabs a loaf of French bread.

He swiftly brings it up as Ruby brings a sword fish down to attack him. The two clash and playfully glare at each other.

"It's over, Ruby!" Asher shouts. "I am the older twin!"

"NO!" Ruby shouts. "How dare you use that against me, what other plans do you have! What other references are you going to make!"

Asher smirks as he uses his semblance to fly up and slams his bread down onto Ruby. Her eyes widen as she gets launched back, but does a few flips and lands on a nearby table.

The two twins stare at each other, before giving a battle cry and launching towards each other with their semblances. They two meet mid-way and slam their weapons together, sending a couple nearby tables flying from the force. 

The two clash together and block each other's blows, until Asher jumps onto the table.

"I have the high ground, Ruby!" Asher shouts, Ruby charges towards him. "Don't do it!"

Ruby gives a battle cry as she lunges towards Asher, but he turns to the side and she flies past him and into a table full of food. Asher points and laughs at Ruby as her face gets covered in mashed potatoes. 

Asher then flips back as Weiss lunges at him with a swordfish. The two stare at each other, before they charge at each other.

Simmons ducks under Nora's watermelon hammer. "This seems a little unfair!" He rolls back and grabs a tray and a turkey leg.

Nora laughs. "All is fair in lunch and war!" She jumps up and brings her hammer down onto Simmons, but he uses his tray to push the hammer to the side and kick Nora in the side.

Nora laughs as she goes flying into a table. Simmons brings up his shield as several cans of soda fly towards him. He looks over his tray to see Jaune throwing another can of soda.

Simmons parries the can to the side and it goes flying right into Donut. Donut yelps as the can explodes in his face, sending him to the ground.

Simmons yells as he charges towards Jaune, who is now panicking. Simmons lunges towards Jaune, but he picked up a loaf of bread and parries Simmons' blow. 

They two start to exchange blows, until they come to a stand still. Suddenly as couple cans fall to their feet and they look down, then back up at each other.

"Uh oh." The two mutter, before getting blown into the air by the soda grenades. 

"Sorry!" Pyrrha shouts.

Asher ducks under Weiss, swing and parries another.

"It's no use, snowflake." Asher smirks. "I know your every move!

Weiss only smirks in reposes. "Do you know this!"

Weiss lunges at Asher, and he brings up his damaged loaf of bread, only for no attack to come. Weiss suddenly kisses his cheek and Asher's freezes up as a large blush forms.

"I got you now!" Weiss shouts as she kicks Asher in the stomach and sends him flying.

"WAAAHHH!" Asher flips through the air several times, before landing on his feet and sliding to a stop.

Asher lets out a breath, only to notice Pyrrha right next to him. The two jump away from each other as they lock eyes. Asher brings up his loaf of bread, only for it to crumple in his hands.

Asher throws the crumbs in his hands to the side and brings up his fists. "Come on, Pyrrha. I could use the practice."

Pyrrha smiles and brings up her fists. "Alright, then let's do this!"

Asher yells as he shoots forward and throws a jab towards Pyrrha's side. Pyrrha, grabs Asher's fist and pulls him forward, delivering a knee to his stomach. Asher's coughs as he stumbles back, he wipes some spit from the corner of his mouth.

Pyrrha throws a punch forward, but Asher ducks under and kicks the side of Pyrrha's leg. Pyrhh's leg buckles, but she doesn't fall and delivers a jab to Asher's side. Asher grunts as his aura covers him and he takes a few steps back.

Asher goes to charge at Pyrrha again, but she delivers a quick blow to the face, knocking Asher to the ground.

"Sorry!" Pyrrha shouts out.

"Ohh, my nose." Asher covers his face.

Asher looks up in time to see a tornado of food flying towards him, with Ruby leading it using her semblance. He uses his semblance to fly back into safety as everything goes by.

But all of JNRP, Simmons and Donut get caught in it and slam into the back wall, getting pelted with food and drinks. Ruby lands on the ground in front of them, and they fall onto the floor, covered in food.

Ruby stands up and pumps a first. "Yes! Oof!" A plate hits the side of her head and she falls to the ground.

Asher throws his arms up and cheers. "AHAHA! RDDD team wins!"

Over at the entrance, Sun turns to Neptune, who's covered in purple juice. "I love these guys."

Glynda slams the doors open and stomps into the cafeteria. She growls as she throws her hand forward and stops some flying food with her semblance. She then uses her semblance to put all the tables back into place.

"Children, please." Glynda pushes up her glaces. "Do not play with your food."

The three teams stand in a triangle from each other. 

Grif still is trying to get the watermelon off his head. "Someone help me, please!"

Simmons runs over and tries to take the watermelon off his head. Asher laughs as he points at the suffering Grif. Donut wipes some juice and food off his pink uniform. 

Simmons tugs on the watermelon and it flies off Grif's head and slams onto Asher's face, splattering him in red juice. Simmons eyes widen in panic as Grif starts to chuckle.

Asher turns to Simmons, slowly, and starts to glare at him.

Nora burps loudly. Then Yang crashes through the roof and slams onto a table, breaking it.

Glynda glares at all the students as Ozpin walks up behind her.

"Let it go." Ozpin says and she looks back to him.

Glynda sighs and glances at her students. "They're supposed to be the defenders of the world."

Teams RWBY, JNPR and RDDD start to laugh. Asher laughs as he wipes watermelon off his face.

"And they will be." Ozpin responds to Glynda. "But right now they're still children."

Ruby laughs as she jumps onto her brother's back and starts to ruffle up his hair. Asher laughs as he holds onto Ruby, making sure she doesn't fall.

Grif sits down and Simmons joins him, Donut stands next to them as he rubs his face.

"So why not let them play the part?" Ozpin starts to walk away. "After all, it isn't a role they'll have forever."

.

.

In an old warehouse Roman and the White Fang have set up an operation. Three people are seen walking towards it. The first is a female with mint green hair and red eyes, the second is a male with grey hair and grey eyes, and the third one is a male with brown eyes, with black hair that has an orange streak in the front.

Their names are Emerald Sustrai, Mercury Black, and 'Felix'."

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f65726176615a76757647665830513d3d2d313432303831343533342e313762313763316335626634376232373133333338373338333837302e6a7067

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7034317576496c35514a357131413d3d2d313432303831343533342e31376231376332366661656635313236323735323631393139372e6a7067

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5f6b6467514f6d4d4d414e6544673d3d2d313432303831343533342e3137623137616436323632336136313735373336343837373638312e706e67

Felix twirls a large knife in his hand as he and his two companions walk past some White Fang Members; who are unloading crates of dust from a Bullhead. They walk up to Roman.

Roman notices the three. "Oh look, she sent the kids again." 

Roman walks around them and attempts to wrap his arms around all three of them, but Mercury steps away, and Roman wraps his arms around Felix and Emerald's shoulders. Felix growls as he glares at Roman.

"This is turning out just like a divorce." Roman smiles.

Both Emerald and Felix groan as they push Roman's arms off them.

"Ugh. Spare us the thought of you procreating." Emerald says. "I don't wanna see that."

Felix shivers.

"Exactly." Mercury agrees with Emerald.

"That was a joke-" Roman holds up a paper. "-and this just might tell me where you three have been all day."

Emerald swiftly checks her pockets. "What?"

Roman scoffs at Emerald. "I'm a professional, sweetheart, pay attention. Maybe you'll learn something." He looks at the paper. "Why do you have this address."

"That's none of your business, Torchdick." Felix grumbles.

"Yeah it is, Isaac."

Felix points his knife at Roman. "You wanna play this game, then we can play it."

Roman ignores Felix's threat. "Now, where have you been all day?"

"Cleaning up your problems." Mercury states. "One of them, at least."

"I had that under control."

Felix puts his knife in a sheath on the back of his hip. "Two packed bags and a ticket out of Vale says otherwise.

Roman grows angry. "Listen here you bastard, if it were up to me, I would take you and your little street-rat-friends-" He holds up his cane. "-here and I would-"

"You would what?" Cinder's voice calls out.

Felix grows a smug smirk as the four of them look up to a catwalk and see Cinder staring down at them. She walks onto an elevator and it brings her down to their level.

Roman nervously chuckles. "I'd, uhhh... Not kill them?"

Emerald smiles. "Cinder!"

"Kiss-ass." Felix mutters as he rolls his eyes.

Cinder walks past Felix, Mercury and Emerald, and steps up to Roman. "I thought I made it clear you were to eliminate the would-be runaway?"

"I was going to-" Roman tries to defend himself.

But Emerald speaks up. "He was going to escape to Vacuo. The three of us decided to take it upon ourselves to kill the rat."

"I think he was some sort of cat actually." Mercury points out.

"What? Like a Puma?" Felix asks.

Mercury points and nods to Felix. "Yeah. there you go."

Cinder glances at the three. "Quiet, did I not specifically instruct you three to keep your hands clean while in Vale?" 

Roman snickers in the background.

"I just thought-" Emerald tries to defend herself.

"Don't think. Obey." Cinder orders.

Roman does does a neck slice motion behind Cinder.

Emerald looks down. "Yes, ma'am. It won't happen again."

Cinder turns to Roman. "And you." Roman chuckles nervously. "Why wasn't this job done sooner?"

"Uhh, eh." Roman gestures to some creates. "Eh." He gestures to come boxes. "EH!" He gestures to the whole warehouse full of dust. "Sorry if I've been busy stealing every speck of dust in the kingdom!"

Felix then speaks sarcastically. "You are an amazing inspiration to every punk with a gun and ski mask all across the kingdom."

Roman glares at the four. "Look around kid, I've got this town running scared. Thieves camping at every corner, dust prices through the roof, and we're sitting pretty at an older warehouse with more dust crystals, vials, and rounds than we know what to do with. Speaking of which, if you guys wouldn't mind filling me in on your grand master plan. it might actually make my next string of robberies go a little smoother!"

"Oh, Roman, gave a little faith." Cinder walks over to Roman and puts a hand on his cheek. "You'll know what you need when you need to know. Besides, we're done with dust."

"Okay? Then what now?"

"We're moving." Cinder begins to walk out. "Have the White Fang clear out this building. I'll send you coordinates tonight."

"Coordinates?" Roman questions.

"We're proceeding to faze two." Cinder then leaves.

Felix, Emerald, and Mercury glance at each other, before following behind Cinder. While they're leaving, Roman sighs and pulls out a cigar and he looks for his light, but he can't find it. He hears a click and looks up to see Emerald holding his light as she sticks her tongue out at him. She flicks the lighter close. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-06-2024

2880 words

0