Chapter Twenty: Training Arc(2)
311 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the woods, blades clashed and sparks flew. Only the sound of steel hitting steel in a fast-paced battle spread throughout the woods. 

In the woods stood both Alex and Ghost, with Alex standing with sweat pouring down his forehead while Ghost stood on top of a rock, relaxed.

"You're improving, Alex...only a few days ago, you were ready to pass out at this point." Ghost commentated.

"It's like you said, experience makes things easier." Alex said as he wiped the sweat from his brow.

"Good because I want to teach you something new instead of just sparring." Ghost said as he hopped down from the rock.

"Something new?" Alex asked.

"Yes, but first, a gift." Ghost said. He then revealed a box hidden in a bush nearby. The box was black long, wooden, and skinny. Alex walked up to it and received it; he placed it on the rock that Ghost had been standing on previously. He took the lid off of the box and saw something that completely shocked him.

It was a sword; the sword resembled that of a katana; the handle of the blade was wrapped in a black cloth with purple designs; the blade was pure black, but the curve part of the blade was purple.

"It's beautiful..." Alex said, unable to take his eyes off of the blade.

"I had it specially made for you." Ghost said. "It's a style of sword similar to mine but a little different. I do have some experience with using it, so I can teach you the basics, but the rest will be up to you to learn."

"I accept your gift..." Alex said, still looking at the blade.

"Now this blade is made up of a special material, the same material that my blade is made of. It lets you be able to cast your magic through the blade in a more precise and accurate way. It makes the magic you cast through it easier to manipulate exactly how you want. Ghost explained. "Watch."

Ghost casted his magic through the blade; white electricity covered the blade. Ghost swung the blade horizontally, and the lightning on the blade formed a curved shape like the blade itself and went towards a tree. However, as it approached, the curved lightning split into two, hitting the two trees beside it, cutting them down instantly.

"That was amazing..." Alex said. "But how did you do that? That's now how magic works—not unless you're at a master level at minimum."

Ghost chuckled "As I said, it's a special metal. Look, grab the handle of the blade and fuse some of your magical energy into it."

Alex did what Ghost had said, and he grabbed the handle of the blade firmly. He slowly started to channel his magic into his hands and onto the blade. As he did so, the blade's purple edge started to glow, and slowly, purple lightning started to cover it.

However, in an instant moment Alex felt like he was in a completely black space, with nothing in sight. He looked around but couldn't see anything at all.

"This reminds me of the goddess's space...but it feels different." Alex thought to himself.

Then a purple light started to shine inside the dark space.

"So you're my wielder..." a female voice said.

Alex looked around, but he didn't see anyone around that could be speaking to him.

"Hmmm...impressive. I will allow you to use my power." the voice said.

Alex was suddenly back to where he was before he was taken to that dark space, and it was almost as if his body moved without him doing it as he swung the sword towards the trees the same way as Ghost did, but this time a purple curved lightning strike appeared and split into two parts, knocking down two more trees.

"What...just happened..." Alex said, looking at his sword with the edge still glowing purple.

"I'm guessing you're talking about the voice, right?" Ghost asked.

"Well, what else would I be talking about?" Alex said it slightly sarcastically.

"Hey, watch it." Ghost said it sternly. "But yes, that was a sword spirit speaking to you."

"A sword spirit?" Alex asked.

Ghost sat down to start explaining "Yes, a sword spirit. Tell me, do you know the theory behind magical spirits?"

"Only somewhat." Alex said, thinking about it.

"Well, let me explain then." Ghost said. "The theory states that magic itself is a living thing—the magic inside of us, the magic in nature—all of it is a living being. Obviously, this can't be proven by most people...except for people like me and, well...your sword. The sword you are carrying is made of a special material that contains so much magic that a spirit made of magical energy manifests inside. Even though I don't know exactly how it happens, the metal we have in our weapons contains spirits. I call mine Kai, for example. Our spirit helps our magic manifest in the weapon and become easier to control, and they live within our weapons. I still don't know how or why, but there are many theories as to where these spirits come from. Some believe they exist in nature itself and roam the world invisible to the eyes of mere humans; some believe they are the spirits of fallen warriors who's soul combined with magic itself; but like I said, all of these are just theories. However, no matter what, they will make you stronger, and in the future, you will further your connection to these spirits, which will help you advance your strength to the highest levels."

"So this spirit...how do I communicate with it?" Alex asked.

"Well, first, you have to make sure your magic connects with the sword enough for the spirit to adapt to it, and eventually, well, I don't know how far the limits go, but there is one more thing you will need in order to advance your strength." Ghost said.

"And what's that?" Alex asked.

Ghost sighed "That we will discuss another time, but soon, I promise. Any way, it's getting late, and it's time for you to head home."

"You're right...damn I wanted to train more." Alex said.

"We will have plenty of time for that; you once said you wanted to save your sister from her marriage in two months, right?" Ghost asked.

"Yes, I need to become stronger in order to stop this from happening...by any means necessary." Alex said, clinching his hand in anger.

Ghost kneeled down in front of Alex, who had his head down. "Alex, I promise you that in two months, you will have the strength to protect your family, but it will be up to you to grow that strength into something absolutely marvelous."

"Thank you...Ghost" Alex said with a slight smile.

Once Alex got home, he said hello to everyone before taking a shower. After he got out, he sat on his bed with the sword that Ghost had given him in hand.

"I can't wait two months... I need to get as strong as possible now." Alex thought to himself before gripping the sword handle and sending his magic to it.

The sword's blade edge glowed purple like it did in the woods, and soon Alex was back in that black space.

He once again looked around, not seeing anything.

"You're back here again, are you?" the female voice from earlier called out. Soon, a ball of purple light appeared in front of Alex. "So tell me, what is it you came here for?"

Alex looked at the ball of light and asked, "You can help me get stronger, right?" 

"Of course." the ball said. "But that's really up to you in the end."

"How so?" Alex asked.

"The more you connect with me, the better we understand each other; the more chemistry we have, the better I understand you; and obviously, the more we understand each other, the stronger we both will get." the light explained.

"Sounds like a relationship..." Alex said, scratching his head.

"In a way, it is. We're partnered for as long as you wish to wield me. So in a way, it's like a marriage." the light said.

"Married to a sword...wish I could say that's the strangest thing in my life, but yet I can't." Alex said.

"Hmm, it sounds like you have a story to tell." the light said.

"A long one, and that's for another time." Alex explained.

"Booo, I wanted to hear about it." the light said, almost like it was pouting.

"I can't see it's face, but it seems it has emotions—or at least expressions." Alex thought to himself.

"I have emotions!" the voice yelled out loud.

Alex was shocked. "You can hear my thoughts?"

"Like I said, we're connected, Alex." the light said with a small chuckle.

"Well...that's going to take some getting used to." Alex said.

"Relax; I can only hear your thoughts when you hold me—at least for now." the light explained.

"Well...how do I leave this place?" Alex asked.

"Just think about leaving." the light said. "It's that easy."

"Ok..." Alex said before suddenly being back in his room holding the sword. Alex put the sword back in the box that Ghost had given him before sliding the sword under his bed. He didn't want his mother to see him with such a foreign sword because, no doubt, she would ask questions.

Alex sat back down on the bed and thought to himself. "Well, that's a lot of information to process...time for a nap."

-------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

8