Chapter Twenty-Four: The Road to Lapis City
276 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*In the woods nearby the waterfall*

"How much longer do you think he'll be?" Eve asked Mary and Kaede.

"Who knows...there's a lot that could've happened." Kaede responded.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's strong after all." Mary said, hiding her concern from the others.

"He'll be back." Anna said. "I'm sure of it."

The four continued to wait until they saw a faint orange glow in the distance, from the same direction as the Blackwood Mansion.

"It seems he succeeded." Kaede said.

"Did he really burn down the mansion?" Eve asked.

"It seems like it." Kaede answered.

"Now we just wait for him to come back." Mary said. "Just keep your eyes open, everyone."

Anna sat in silence. She did everything she could to hide her emotions, but there were somethings she just couldn't help. She wasn't just worried; she was terrified. In a span of 24 hours, her daughter was sent away from her to marry someone she didn't trust, and her son just risked his life and upended everything. Now the five of them were pretty much homeless, and none of them knew what was going to happen next.

"Alex...please come back soon." Anna said, looking into the distance. She wanted nothing more than to spring back to the mansion and find Alex, but he asked her to wait, so that's what she was going to do. She had to put her faith in her son.

After awhile, the bushes around the four started to rustle, causing each of them to draw their weapons and wait.

"Steady..." Kaede said.

The rustling came closer and closer. Luckily, right when the group prepared to attack, a face emerged from the bushes.

"Hey girls." Alex said, peeking through the bushes.

"ALEX!" Eve yelled, running to embrace him.

Anna wasn't far behind, as she sprinted to him and hugged him as well. "Are you okay? Please tell me you aren't injured, Kaede! Get the medical supplies."

"It's okay; I'm fine. Seriously, not a single scratch." Alex said, laughing. "You don't have to worry."

"I'm your mother; it's my job to worry." Anna said in response.

"Well, don't; everything is taken care of; now we can focus on getting Raven." Alex said.

"Raven has nearly an entire day's ride ahead of us; we won't catch her on the road." Kaede said.

"So, what's next, Alex?" Mary asked.

"Well...we're we're getting her back, that's for certain. But it'll be in the city." Alex said.

"You already planned this out?" Anna asked.

"Yeah, the marriage ceremony will be taking place at the Lapis City Church. That's where we'll get Raven back." Alex said.

"Not before?" Anna asked.

"No, the Tarren family mansion no doubt has an army of guards protecting the place; even if we could kill them all, there's no guarantee that Raven won't be harmed in the process. We need a better way of doing it." Alex explained.

"And you want to do that during a city-wide celebration attended by the entire city?" Kaede asked.

"Yes. You see a celebration attended by thousands of people; I see diversions and camoflauge. Just trust me, I'll explain more once we arrive in Lapis. Firstly, though, we need to stay at Aunt Lyanna's. We'll use her house as a base of operations." Alex said.

"She said before she left she would get our rooms ready as soon as she got back." Anna said.

"Perfect." Alex said. "Now...we have a long way to walk, so we should probably get going."

Kaede sighed upon hearing this news, while Eve looked upset. Mary and Anna, however, knew there was no other choice.

With that, the five started to walk in the direction of Lapis City, where Raven awaited them all.

*Lapis City*

"My Lady, we've arrived at the Tarren Mansion." 

Leonora was in the carriage with Raven, who was looking out of the window with visible sadness.

"Don't let a single one of those Tarren's near me." Raven said to Leonora.

"I won't let them within five feet of you." Leonora responded with a smile.

The two exited the carriage and headed towards the mansion. Several guards and maids tried to talk to Raven, but Leonora scared each of them away. When they entered, they were greeted by Oliver Tarren, Raven's "fiance."

"Ah, hello, my dear, and welcome to my home...well our home soon." Oliver said with a smirk.

"Fuck off." Raven said bluntly before letting Leonora walk in front of her.

"My lady wishes to be escorted to her room and not be bothered. Once she gets there, I will be posted with her in her room. Those are the conditions." Leonora said.

Oliver looked at Leonora with an angry face; clearly, he had taken offense to Raven and Leonora. "Do you think you can just make conditions? This is my home; you can't just-"

Oliver was swiftly cut off from his words as Leonora drew her sword and pointed it right at Oliver's neck, causing several of the Tarren guards to draw their weapons as well.

"You will heed my lady's conditions, or otherwise, while I may not survive against all your guards, I can guarantee you will be the first to die." Leonora said threatening Oliver.

"F-Fine..." Oliver said scared by the cold blade touching his neck.

"Okay then, now you, maid!" Leonora said, pointing at a random maid. "Escort us to my ladies chambers."

"Uh...alright." The maid said it nervously.

The maid took Leonora and Raven to their rooms, leaving a shocked Oliver in the main hallway. He was speechless but was clearly angered beyond belief. His only thoughts were about what horrible things he would do to both Leonora and Raven once given the opportunity.

-------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

6