Chapter Twenty-Eight: Going to Lunch
178 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was three days before the wedding, and Alex had continued his planning with help from his mother, aunt, cousin, and the maids. They knew things would get messy quickly with how many people flooded the streets, so they needed an escape plan. Alex thought about several ways to do it, but his options were limited. As soon as he made his move, he would be surrounded by guards around the city, which would make it harder for a large group to get Raven out without anyone getting hurt.

Which meant Alex had to find a way to not only get Raven out of the city but also make sure nobody in his group got harmed. He sat down for several hours thinking about his plans when he heard a knock on his door.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in," Alex said as he looked toward the door.

It was Amelie who had come in wearing a white crop top and jeans.

"Hey, Amelie, what's up?" Alex asked.

"H-Hey Alex, so I was wondering if you would like to go out and have lunch with me?" Amelie said nervously.

"You want to go out in town?" Alex asked.

Amelie responded. "It's fine if you don't want to. I just figured you could use a break and-"

"Sure Amelie." Alex said interrupting Amelie. "I could use a bit of time away from the house."

"G-Great, I'll meet you downstairs when you're ready!" Amelie said happily before she closed the door.

Alex stood up and stretched his arms out. "I could use time away, plus it'll be nice to hang out with Amelie for a bit."

Amelie, who was happily running down the hallway into the living room, had a giant smile on her face because Alex said yes. She sat down on the couch and waited for him.

"What are you so excited about, honey?"

Amelie turned her head and saw her mother from behind the kitchen counter.

"Me and Alex are going out to get some food!" Amelie said, still smiling.

"Good." Lyanna said. "He needs to go out and do something. Just be safe, okay?"

"We will." Amelie said. "We're just going around the corner to Ms. Grace's place.

"Oh, can you bring me back one of her sandwiches? I love how they taste." Lyanna asked.

"Sure." Amelie responded.

Alex then came down the hall wearing a black button-up shirt and a nice pair of dark blue jeans. "Did I keep you waiting?" Alex asked.

"N-No, you look handsome; I mean, you look good!" Amelie stumbled with a blush on her face.

"Keep calm, darling." Lyanna teased with a smile.

"R-Right." Amelie said before calming down and putting a smile on her face. "Let's get going, Alex!"

"Following you." Alex said.

The two left the house together, leaving Lyanna there, smiling. "It seems she finally got the courage. Good luck, honey!"

Amelie and Alex walked for about five minutes before they arrived at a small restaurant named Grace's. It wasn't fancy or anything, but it had a very comfortable feel to it, like it's a good place to just sit back and enjoy your meal.

Amelie walked to one of the waitresses.

"Amelie! Hey, it's been a few days since you came." the waitress said.

"I know, but things have been kind of hectic, to say the least, Maya." Amelie responded.

Maya hugged her friend before turning her attention to the boy standing behind Amelie. "And who is this handsome boy?"

"This is my cousin Alex. Alex, this is my friend Maya." Amelie introduced the two.

"It's nice to meet you." Alex said.

"You too." Maya responded. "Here, let me take you two to your booth."

Maya escorted them to a small booth, where they ordered their food. Amelie got two sandwiches, one for herself and the other for her mother, while Alex got some spicy chicken tenders and a large fry for the two of them to share. 

They talked for a little bit before the food arrived, and then Amelie asked.

"Alex, what do you plan to do after the wedding?"

Alex sighed "I'm still figuring that out...but in all honesty, I'll probably be leaving."

"You're going to leave us?" Amelie asked, saddened.

"For a time at least. But, Amelie, there is something I want to ask of you." Alex said.

"What would that be?" Amelie asked.

"I want you and Raven to enroll in the Xymaris Magic Academy next year." Alex said.

"In the capital? Why?" Amelie asked, very confused.

"Because that's where we'll reunite." Alex answered. "After we save Raven, you and the others will be moving into the capital with Lyanna while I'm away. I asked my mother, Lyanna, and Kaede to train both of you as much as they could at that time. You have untapped potential, Amelie, and with everyone helping you, I believe you will realize it."

"I...thank you, Alex, but I also don't want you to leave." Amelie said.

"I'm going to have to go, Amelie. I'm about to do something that will make me a wanted man in this region. I'm going to go into hiding for awhile, and I can't have any of you around me, putting yourselves in danger." Alex explained.

"I...I don't like it, but I understand." Amelie said.

"Now how about we enjoy our food and stop the depressing talk for a little bit, and please don't tell anyone about me leaving." Alex said.

"I promise, Alex." Amelie said with a sad smile on her face.

The two finished their meals before Alex walked Amelie home, and Alex went back to his room and began planning again. This time he was a little more depressed at the fact that he had to leave his family. It was the last thing he wanted, but it was necessary, at least for a time, while he left to get stronger. He looked over to his shelf, which had his sword on display.

He then walked over to his window and looked at the view of the church where Raven would be getting married.

"I'm coming to get you soon, Raven."

-------------------------------------------------------

AN: So this was kind of a fun chapter just to get some interaction with Amelie and Alex which in the previous series didn't really happen much, this was there's more of a natural friendship between the two of them. Raven's marriage will be happening soon so be ready for that.

If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

4