The Beginning (Part 4)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, after doing it again in the bathroom, all the burdens on my body have been removed. But with her current condition, it's definitely impossible to hold a meeting even if she's forcing her body, so the only way is to cancel or delegate the leadership of the meeting to someone else, and the secretary is the right person to do that. but still, I need to speak with her first.

Ahh, she's finally out of the room. She's really a dedicated and discipline woman. The clothes we both wore are the new ones I found in her wardrobe, so why is there a size that fits me? Did she ever anticipate this happening before?

But looking at the expression she was trying to hide after that, it must still be tiring. It can't be helped, I haven't done it for a long time and became out of control because of his teasing.

"Avia, sit here for a moment, we need to talk."

I gave her orders in a tone she couldn't refuse, so she sat next to me even though I pointed to the seat in front of me so we could face each other.

"Is that a meeting so important that you have to follow it? How about leaving it to your secretary to lead the meeting?"

"It's just a meeting to determine the coming exams, there's also some nasty investors trying to take advantage of us, so do you think that's important? And are you worried about me now, brat?"

"Yes, after what we did earlier, I became worried about you. Also, at that meeting, I'm sure your secretary is capable of doing it, she's been with you for a long time, so she should know how you're acting."

"Heumm, you're right. I need to take a break and let Amelia try to take over the meeting, because after all, she will take over as director after I retire. I will call her, and after that, I will have a good rest.”

"Yes, please take care of your heal...what are you doing?”

Why is she sitting on my lap and not moving into her room? There is another clean bed there that will be really cozy to sleep on.

"I'm trying to rest here, weren't you the one who told me to take care of my body's health?"

Oh well, I see no use in arguing with her at this point because she is just as stubborn as I am. I moved her body so that she could lie more comfortably in my lap, but did she forget that her secretary and my friend would be here?

“Hey, did you forget that someone is coming here? What if your secretary and my friend see us both now?”

“There's no problem at all, besides, they both already know how our relationship is. Let them be jealous of seeing the intimacy between the two of us here, so stroke my head so I can rest comfortably, Evan."

My buddy is not a problem, but if your cousin sees me, her anger toward me will grow. Besides, how can you act like a spoilt child when your cousin is comes? For this moment , I will comply with all of your requests; please consider this an apology for all of my mistakes in treating you.

I could merely read and respond to the messages from the women, since there's nothing more to do but pat Avia's head. I have to apologize first, then just share the news; after that, the conversation can continue. Let's get this done quickly so that no one comes over.

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Why do they respond to all of my messages so quickly? They sent so many messages at once, just like Avia did earlier, that I had to turn off my phone's sound to avoid disturbing her rest. They all respond to my messages in essentially the same ways, asking for my news, teasing me, requesting to meet but being unable to do so due to distance, and many other things that they sent.

But what stood out most of all was that someone was able to meet me today, she was a former student council president who had graduated and was continuing her studies.

[I'm on a visit to school today, I wanted to surprise you with my arrival, but I didn't expect that I would be the one who got a surprise from your message. Meet me as soon as possible, okay?]

[Aren't you busy with your studies? How come you are here? And where can I meet you?]

[I was nostalgic for my high school memories, so I decided to visit the school during my leisure time. I'm at the student council room right now to check if things have gotten worse for them since I graduated.]

[Even though you just graduated, you already miss your high school life. Are you an old hag who remembers her youth? Okay, when I'm done with my business, I'll meet you in the student council room]

[That's a promise, okay? I'll wait for you here.]

An enthusiastic young woman, although I have the feeling that the reason she's here is actually to meet me. Sigh. How can they keep trying to hook up with a jerk like me?

"Why are you sighing, sweetie?"

"Ahh sorry, Did I wake you up, Avia?"

"Not really, I've been watching you all this time, and because it's so close to your body, I somehow feel like something is bothering you."

"I just completed responding to a message I sent them, and weirdly, the response is exactly the same as your previous response to my message. That's what bothers me, though: why do you still make an effort to get in touch with me even when I'm hurting your feelings?

“As expected of you, Evan, you carried out what you said. Also, the reason why I want to stay connected with you is a secret, because with your heart now, you won't believe what I say. For other people's reasons, I don't know, but I think it's not much different from my reasons."

"What a wicked lady! It doesn't lessen my problems, it just makes them worse.. Should I punish you once more, Avia?"

"Fufu, take it in return for ignoring my message all this time. Also, how many women do you have right now, sweetie?”

"I don't have any, are you satisfied with that answer?”

 "Ahh that was my fault. I should have asked like this, How many women did you contact earlier, sweetie?, because they are women who are definitely connected to you, right?"

"Eight"

"Who are they?"

"Wait, why are you curious about that?”

"Just answer my question, sweetie."

“Can you stop pinching me, Avia? I will answer, so please calm down, okay? The person I contacted earlier was..."

[Director, this is Amelia. I came here with a guest who said he had a meeting here]

Good, Amelia. Even though you really hate me, with your help, I really like you. Whoa, what's up with her glare at me? It's not my fault the secretary is already here.

"Don't expect you to get away, Evan. I will ask for the answer after your meeting is over. Please come in, Amel."

“I won't run away, Avia.”

Hehe, I'm sure you'll forget about it later and not talk about it again, it's really the right time for them to come here.

The door opened, and two people, a man and a woman, came into the room. They both smiled, only the man's smile looked annoying, and the woman's sincere smile immediately turned into a shocked expression when she saw me and became cold, as if the warmth that previously radiated from her was just a lie. The two of them are Alex, my friend who is visiting, and Amelia, the secretary and Avia's cousin.

"Get your filthy body away from my sister, asshole. Before I beat you, you better do what I say."

Seeing the hate, insults, and rage she directed at me brought back a lot of memories, if it weren't Avia's cousin, I would have given her punishment for her words.

*****

This spacious room had a suffocating atmosphere even though there were only four people in it, two men and two women, with different expressions visible on each of their faces.

Especially from a young woman who just entered this, despite having a beautiful face and a charming body posture mixed with smooth white skin that matches her long platinum blonde hair, it all felt scary because of the cold glare from her blue eyes at the man who was hugging her cousin, Evan. Her hatred for Evan was well known throughout the school because of an incident that had occurred between them, it had even been a hot topic for several weeks before being forgotten by other new gossip.

"Ms. Amel, it's a pleasure to talk to you after the last of our horrendous conversations. As you can see, I'm helping your cousin because she is overly exhausted from her activities today."

Even facing such sharp gazes, this man still looked calm, and if you looked at his face carefully, it could be seen that he thought this was amusement rather than a frightening situation.

"Bastar...Cough...Student Evan, since this morning you've escaped from your class, whatever your reason, I will make sure you are given severe sanctions from me."

"Miss Amel must have really cared about me to know that I was skipping class, and even gave me direct sanctions. Isn't that the responsibility of my homeroom teacher? That gives me a great sense of honor. I'm grateful, Miss."

“Wh..what? What did this bastard just say? Who cares about you? I am aware of this since Miss Celeste informed me, Don't be too cocky, you bastard.”

"Even though you can be honest by telling the truth, there's no need to be shy and make excuses like that, Miss Amel."

How could this man continue to provoke her in such a way? Her rage looked to be ready to burst at any moment, and even her expression grew more threatening.

“Hey, try saying that one more time…”

"Enough, Amel"

Sigh, finally the director stepped in. Who knows what might have occurred if she hadn't done that and had allowed this to go on?

 "But sister, this man is..."

"Stop, there's a guest looking here, and Evan, don't tease him like that, watch your attitude."

"How can you say that when you're sitting on my lap? Okay, okay, don't get angry, and don't glare at me like that."

In the end, both of them continued to follow the director's instructions. This director appears to be more terrifying than she appears.

"Mr. Alex, please wait a moment. I will finish this quickly."

“It's okay, just carry on comfortably and don't feel bad for me, Mrs. Hampton.”

“Thank you for your understanding, Mr. Alex. So, Amel, I called you here regarding an upcoming meeting. Can you take over leadership of that meeting? I'm too tired after all the activities this morning, also, think of it as training for you as a future director."

"Well, I'm going to lead the meeting, but what activities are you doing that make you so tired?"

"Ahh, it..it's just an exercise in the morning, let's not talk about it. The important thing is that you have to be wary of the principal, that old man will definitely make things difficult for you because he also aims to be the director of this school."

"Well, sister, I'll complete it in fifteen minutes, so you can depend on me rather than that scumbag. And I won't let those annoying old men look down on me. Goodbye.”

Finally, she left, and the room became quieter than before. It also turned out that Miss Secretary was more innocent than she seemed to be, she didn't even realize what exercise her cousin was doing. If she had known for sure that a fight like the one that had broken out would happen again,

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. Alex. Should I go for your two talks with Evan now?”

"That's not necessary, Madam, because the topic I'm talking about is also related to the fate of the school, so you have to stay here."

"All right, but what do you mean by the fate of this school, Mr. Alex?”

“In summary, there will be a significant magical phenomenon here, the exact time is uncertain, but it is clear today. Also based on temporary analysis, it is a kind of summoning magic, either someone comes here or someone will be summoned from here. That's Mrs. Hampton.”

How could this man bring such shocking news with a smile? Shouldn't we be prepared for a disaster or whatever? And what's with that explanation? At least if it's big news, then spill it all without making us curious. Look at how even two people who are hugging each other are unable to react to anything right now.

0