Chapter [36]-House of steam 2/3
187 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gobbroto’ka shifted uncomfortably in the waiting room of the [House of Steam]. To ease his discomfort, he began to take a closer look around and admire the opulent surroundings. This wasn’t his first time in the house of a [Noble Goblin], but it was by far the most extravagant one he had been in.

 

A bright chandelier made of glass and diamonds hung overhead, adorned with intricate gems and expensive metals that bathed the entire room in a luxurious glow. Beyond it, the ceiling was a canvas filled with paintings, masterfully depicting the formation of the [House of Steam]. The artwork portrayed the early stages of goblins—weak and fragile—born into a hostile world, until a paragon among paragons appeared.

 

The paintings then shifted to illustrate a gruesome battle, showcasing the goblin now covered in metal armor that hissed and expelled steam constantly. The paragon slaughtered opposing goblins, laying the foundation for what would later grow into the mighty [House of Steam].

 

Next, he assessed the room fully. A fireplace crackled softly at the end of the room, and above it on the wall were intricate paintings of the previous owners of the [House of Steam]. Even from afar, the [Goblin Commander] could tell that these were very expensive, evident from the platinum lining the edges and the use of [Dire leather], sourced from the dangerous [Dire Wolfs]. Even the fireplace looked expensive, and despite a fire burning within, not a single ember spilled out onto the luxurious golden-trimmed carpet below, likely due to an enchantment.

 

Even the chair he was resting in felt excessively comfortable; the leather adjusted to his large body, and Gobbroto’ka felt as if he were reclining on clouds.

 

His thoughts ran wild as he speculated on the power level of the [House of Steam]. Such a casual display of wealth had to be extraordinary. This wasn't even the main manor of the [House of Steam]. This entire room alone had to be worth at least 5,000 wits. Such a sum boggled the [Goblin Commander]'s mind. In his 50 years of service, he had only managed to accumulate a meager 100 wits to his name. That was enough to put him well above the rest of normal [Goblins], but he now realized why the [House of Steam] was a main powerhouse that even the [King] didn't antagonize purposefully. The sheer wealth they possessed made them essential to the [Goblin Empire].

 

That wasn't even taking into account the countless technological advancements made by the [House of Steam]. This, coupled with their insane wealth, put them on par with the [House of Magi], a house known for their terrifying firepower and magic they learned directly from the [Queen].

 

Gobbroto’ka's surroundings underwent a sudden mesmerizing transformation. The once opulent waiting room dissolved into an intricate tableau of exposed gears and cogs. The walls folded into themselves, revealing an intricate network that pulsed with the rhythmic cadence of machinery.

 

Simultaneously, the floor underwent a swift metamorphosis, transitioning into a rich brownish material that emanated a subtle warmth. The gears and cogs in the walls and floor seamlessly interlocked.

 

In the midst of this mechanical ballet, a simple table emerged in the room's center. On its surface lay a crystal, a breathtaking convergence of art and magic. The crystal, suffused with an array of enchantments, shimmered with an ethereal glow.

 

Gobbroto’ka found himself speechless in the face of the swift metamorphosis and the enchanting allure of the crystal. The magical energies emanating from the crystal struck him with such force that, for a moment, he was rendered incapable of uttering a single word. The overwhelming power surged through him, rattling both his mind and body in a cascade of sensations.

Gasping for breath, Gobbroto’ka tumbled out of his chair. As his brain gradually recovered, his body swiftly adapted to the heightened levels of Mana flooding his senses. Suddenly, from a previously unnoticed door of gears, a diminutive Goblin emerged. The goblin, clad in a simple cloth suit typical of a servant, was adorned with piercings and a strange spectacle on its top hat and precious metals and buttons. In its hand, a platinum pocket watch emitted a soft glow of Mana.

The [Goblin] put the watch in its pocket and grinned, displaying rows of sharpened [Copper] teeth, and addressed him with a deep, rattling voice.

 

“Welcome, the master of this [House of Steam] will meet you now, this way.”

 

As Gobbroto’ka entered the new room, he found it to be an almost identical replica of the previous one, but now, at the room's center, stood a desk crafted from shimmering [Gold] and a throne constructed of [Bone]. Seated majestically on the throne was a [Noble Goblin], exuding a soft aura that declared its formidable presence. The powerful energy of [Mana] enveloped the noble figure, making it clear that this was no ordinary goblin but a leader of significant influence.

 

The [Gold] desk gleamed with opulence, its surface adorned with intricate engravings depicting the achievements and history of the [House of Steam]. The edges were elegantly crafted, featuring delicate patterns that added to the desk's overall splendor.

 

Seated upon the [Bone] throne, the [Noble Goblin] commanded attention with an air of authority. The throne itself was a masterpiece, the bone meticulously sculpted into ornate patterns that bespoke the goblin's noble lineage. The backrest displayed symbols representing the house's dominance in machinery and technology.

 

As for the [Noble Goblin], it wore a regal ensemble befitting its status. The attire, adorned with precious metals and buttons, showcased the goblin's elevated position within the [House of Steam]. Its demeanor exuded confidence, and the sharp glint in its amber-colored eyes hinted at a keen intellect.

 

The [Noble Goblin] emitted a soft hum, the melodic tones barely audible to Gobbroto’ka. Suddenly, the goblin ruler rose from the [Bone] throne, wearing a warm smile. With a welcoming gesture, the [Noble Goblin] beckoned Gobbroto’ka closer. In an instant, as if summoned by a snap of its fingers, another throne materialized from the floor below, accompanied by a smaller table adorned with a plethora of hot and cold beverages.

 

“Sit, my new friend, how do you feel about the idea of starting our own empire?”

9