Chapter [43]- First contact 5/5
110 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the [Traitor], King Osaf found a cavernous space, much larger than he initially realized—it could easily be likened to a small village. Emerging through the barrier and leaping over the towering walls of the mobile [Traitor], he discovered a landscape of buildings arranged in a grid-like pattern, each displaying various architectural styles. The structures were composed of rusted or rusting [Iron], giving the impression of a village frozen in time. However, the unsettling absence of life and the eerie silence that enveloped the scene stirred a constant sense of unease within the king.

 

At the heart of this peculiar village stood a shimmering monolith, adorned with runes that emitted an ominous and unfamiliar [Mana]. The central spot was strangely familiar to King Osaf, it was the very place where his [Iron] spears had landed. The surface of the monolith glowed with the lingering essence of his [Mana], a faint reminder of the intense battle that had taken place.

As he stealthily moved through the area, he observed the [Dungeon]'s creatures relentlessly tearing at the walls, making their way through the abandoned village within the [Traitor].

The metallic minions unleashed by the [Dungeon] wreaked havoc within the [Traitor], systematically demolishing everything in their path before culminating in explosive self-destruction. What struck King Osaf as particularly eerie was the peculiar absence of accompanying sounds during these violent eruptions. Approaching cautiously, he couldn't shake the growing suspicion that something nefarious was at play. The unsettling silence, coupled with the ominous monolith resonating with his spent [Mana], hinted at a sinister ruse orchestrated by the [Traitor].

 

It became increasingly clear that the barrier they worked so hard to cut down concealed a reality within the metallic confines, a reality very different from the outside local reality, it was almost similar to the reality of a dungeon.

 

A chilling realization coursed through King Osaf's metallic frame, casting a shadow over his once-assured demeanor. If his speculations held any truth, the [Traitor] had seemingly achieved the impossible—recreating the effects of a [Dungeon core] without embodying the essence of a [Dungeon]. The implications of such an unfathomable feat sent shivers through the seasoned king. The word "impossible" lost its steadfast meaning as the unfolding events pushed the boundaries of what Osaf once deemed within the realm of possibility. The waking [Traitors] had already showcased multiple instances of what was once believed to be beyond the scope of possibility.

 

Suddenly the monolith pulsed, and a wave of invisible force slammed directly into his soul, rattling his mental faculties as it sought to disrupt them, the creatures of the [Dungeon] stopped dead in their tracks before all exploding, sending waves of foreign [Mana] that slapped away the foul [Mana] emanating from the monolith disrupted the delicate balance of the king's [Mana sight]. A torrent of [Dungeon] mana cascaded through the cracks in the barrier, solidifying its presence on the ground where the metallic creatures met their explosive demise. It was a relentless influx, unlike any [Mana] King Osaf had ever encountered. At first glance, the undulating currents resembled [Water mana], but a closer inspection revealed a deeper intricacy.

 

Beneath the seemingly gentle waves, the king discerned a mesmerizing spectacle—hundreds, if not thousands, of minuscule ethereal gears and tiny cogs working in perfect harmony. Their synchronized movements orchestrated the illusion of fluid waves, causing both his mind and [Mana sight] to strain under the weight of the profound complexity unfolding before him.

 

The [Traitor]'s mana resisted the intrusion, materializing into a serpent composed of razor-sharp blades. The serpent writhed and shifted in an intricate dance, reflecting a mesmerizing play of metallic glints that created an illusion of depth and undulating waves. The king found himself caught in the enchanting patterns of this metallic manifestation.

 

As the two opposing [Manas] clashed, an immense pressure surged, striking King Osaf with such force that his metallic frame registered it as tangible damage, prompting damage indicators to flash across his awareness. Despite his understanding that it was a purely metaphysical onslaught, the intensity of the pressure was so overwhelming that even his advanced senses struggled to reconcile the non-physical nature of the assault.

 

He swiftly recognized that this was a conflict beyond his capacity to engage or even witness up close; he was no mage, after all. Even if he possessed magical abilities, he doubted his endurance in a protracted battle. Essentially, two [Dungeons] were now locked in combat, with only one being an authentic original. However, the fabricated monolith [Dungeon] the [Traitor] employed for its fight was no less perilous.

 

The initial clash of their [Mana] alone had shaken him to his core, and a prolonged confrontation might prove fatal. With a burst of [Force Mana], King Osaf propelled himself into the air, hurtling at his maximum speed toward the outermost reaches of this confined reality. There, the towering walls of rusted [Iron] acted as a barrier, separating him from the external world.

 

He arrived just in time to witness another strategic maneuver: the colossal [Iron] serpent reared back, its mouth widening and bulging before it expelled a blob of ethereal molten [Iron] at the undulating waves of the benevolent [Dungeon]'s mana. The ethereal projectile surged forward, propelled by ambient [Mana] currents, and collided with the waves. Upon impact, it blended with the original [Dungeon]'s mana, transforming into a pulsating mass with a disturbing brown and sickly hue. Astonishingly, it stubbornly clung to the mana, even as the once gentle waves turned turbulent and harsh.

 

In response, the benevolent dungeon's mana shifted, causing the waves to recede and giving rise to large ethereal worms made of brown metal, each adorned with rows upon rows of shining black teeth. Their number easily reached into the thousands. The worms moved with purpose, splitting into two groups. One half advanced towards the stubborn tumor, while the other targeted the ethereal serpent. They closed the distance rapidly, their metallic forms gnashing and devouring the offending substances, growing in size with each bite.

6