Prologue
666 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moonlight filtered through the leaves of the trees, painting a pattern of shadows on the forest floor. I was alone in this clearing, my tent pitched and my campfire burning, looking for a moment of peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

 

I am a mechanical engineer and after getting involved in a big project I was working like crazy day and night without a single break, so when I finished the project I decided to camp in the mountains now that the weather is quite nice.

 

As I warmed my hands by the fire and enjoyed my improvised dinner, I let my mind wander to the bright stars in the night sky. 

 

Suddenly, an unusual sound broke the silence. It was a rhythmic, persistent rustling that seemed to come from the nearby trees. Cautiously, I stood up, grabbed a flashlight, and headed toward the source of the mysterious sound.

 

When I reached the edge of the clearing, I shone the light into the trees and gasped.

 

"Orc!"

 

What stood in the forest was a creature that only existed in fantasy novels, a ferocious looking monstrous creature hungry for human flesh, it stood before me, eating a deer it had caught at some point, its green wrinkled skin covered in the poor animal's blood.

 

My heart was pounding as I fought against paralyzing fear. I didn't know how I had gotten here, but now I was alone with this creature in the darkness of the forest. The orc growled and bared its sharp fangs as it devoured the animal.

 

I quickly reached into my pack and pulled out the knife I had used to cut the branches from the campfire and backed away as slowly as I could, but as if the universe was against me, I stepped on a dry branch.

 

"Damn it!"

 

The orc stopped eating and turned his eyes to where I was standing.I could feel my skin crawl at the look on his face.The orc put the deer aside and stood up, making a sound that sounded like a bloodcurdling laugh.

 

"I doubt my knife will do any damage."

 

Without waiting for the orc to make another move, I turned in the opposite direction and began running frantically.

 

Crack!

 

Despite its large and heavy appearance, the orc chased me with unimaginable speed and slashed at me with its gigantic hand, and there was an ugly sound of breaking bones.

 

"Aaaahhh!"

 

The impact threw me against a tree.

 

The orc, as if he had found his next prey, picked me up with his hands and began to bite me. 

 

But at that moment, a flash of lightning lit up the dark sky and a deafening roar filled the air.

 

Zzzzaaaaaap! 

 

The lightning struck directly at the orc, who was paralyzed by the electricity. His muscles contracted violently and a scream of agony escaped his lips. The smell of burning filled the air as the orc fell to the ground, convulsing from the electric shock.

 

"Is he dead?"

 

I wanted to move closer to check, but I couldn't because he probably had several broken bones.

 

It was almost impossible for me to move at this point, I'm pretty sure I'm in grave danger because the shock from the orc was like a car hitting you.

 

(It will be fun to see if my life insurance covers orc attacks).

 

As my mind wandered off into various trivialities, my conscience slowly darkened.

 

(Damn, I should have agreed to go to the beach with my colleagues).

 

Without realizing how much time had passed, I lost consciousness.

30