Maybe I Have
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amity carried the girl over the rickety bridge, and laid her on the couch where her other friends had sat less than half an hour earlier.

The green rock fumbled in her hands, resting it on Kaiya’s chest as she grabbed an arm. Still warm, and blood still pumped through. Her green crystal rose and fell to the rhythm of her breath, and a quick insanity check of the back of her hand beneath Kaiya’s nose confirmed that the function still worked.

Basic life out of the way, she took note of the rest of her body. Kaiya’s face was, albeit barely, bloodied, and her hands too. Amity got to work, and with a swift blast of healing magic, some of the wounds instantly seemed to vanish. Blood remained stagnant on her face, but the openings from which it leaked quickly scabbed over, and those too eventually blended back into her skin.

The same was repeated on her hands, and Amity decided to let her stay as she was, after cleaning Kaiya’s face.

“Hey, Amity!”

Raleigh walked into the door, followed by Katie and Himiko, who still had red eyes.

“Hey,” she replied, “come over here!”

Amity let them sit down on chairs, while she sat herself on the floor in front of the couch.

“Are you all okay? Why didn’t you come with me?”

Katie stuttered, but eventually just told her a near-truth.

“We didn’t want to get in your way, fixing her up.”

“You would’ve been fine, it was quick.”

“Still,” Katie trailed off.

“Hang on, Himiko, are you okay..?”

Amity looked at the girl, who was obviously crying not long prior.

“I’m fine,” she glanced away.

“You sure..?”

“… can we talk about this later? I want to know how Kaiya’s doing!” Himiko changed the subject, forming a slight blush.

Amity decided to play along with Himiko’s request, turning towards Kaiya.

“She’s… fine, I think.”

“What does that mean?” Raleigh piped up.

“Her face was bloody, and her hands had some cuts too, but I healed them as best as I could.”

Himiko asked, “Do you know when she’ll wake up?”

“… No, actually. I don’t know if she’s dehydrated, or anything like that, so I might wake her soon and get some stuff in her. We can figure out what happened after that.”

They collectively agreed to this, and decided to disperse to the upper floor to rest.

All besides Himiko and Amity, who needed to talk.

“So…” Himiko inhaled.

“What’s up…?”

“I, ah, wanted to ask something.”

“Alright.”

Himiko sat down on a seat, and Amity did the same, right next to her while the witch took another deep breath.

“Do you… wanna be my girlfriend!?”

The words came out quickly, and almost startled the other girl. Himiko pulled her knees to her chest in the seat and the hat over her face.

“I… do you mean that?”

Even through her knees, Himiko could tell that Amity had started blushing. “It’s-”

“Do you… actually like me?”

Himiko looked up. The other girl’s face was red, but the look on her face was genuine.

“… yeah.”

“I’m.. not sure what to say.”

“Yeah, I get it. Sorry.” Himiko’s tone was clipped, but before she stood up to leave, Amity interrupted her.

“No, you’re fine… I actually feel the same, about you.”

"Rea-”

Amity stood up from her seat, still blushing and now grinning like a madman, before grabbing Himiko under her knees and back, sweeping her into the air.

“Amity, I didn’t think you’d say yes! This.. is yes, right?”

“Of course!”

Himiko got a little daring, and while wearing the same grin and blush as Amity, reached her arms around the carrier’s neck, pulling her face downwards and finally kissing her, and of course, she reciprocated.

They pulled away from each other after a second, and Himiko pulled herself out of Amity’s arms, placing her feet on the cold floor, but leaned forward, back into her warm arms.

As much as they collectively wanted the hug to last forever, the door creaked open, and Katie called out,

“You two, Kaiya’s up- dang, looks like it went well.”

Amity pulled back, and started blushing for a different reason, apologizing to Katie before running forward and past her.

“It… went well. I’m gonna go follow Amity, so I can say hi to Kaiya.”

“Sure…”

The girl had sat up on the couch by this point, and was lifting herself off of it.

0