Chapter 21
204 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the coin hit the stone, Arland dashed forward. At the last moment before he made contact, he switched direction, dodging an overhead strike from Byrin's sword. Arland struck, aiming for the opening in Byrin's chest armor. The older man stepped back and raised his sword. The blades met with a resounding clang. Byrin responded with a fist. Arland pulled back, Byrin's fist grazing his cheek.

Arland struck, landing a solid blow on his opponent's side, knocking the wind out of him. Byrin swung wide. Arland dropped under the blade, spinning and lashing out with his leg. His foot slid between Byrin's ankles as he snapped his leg aside. Arland quickly followed with a quick punch to Byrin's abdomen.

Byrin hit the ground hard, one leg out and the other curled under him. Arland quick-stepped forward. He ended the combo with his sword in a reverse grip and the point aimed at Byrin's throat.

"You're getting slow in your advanced age, old man."

Byrin grunted and swatted the sword away. Arland straightened up and offered his hand.

Byrin took his offer and stood, "I suppose I am slowing down. I saw you clearly, but my body just simply couldn't keep up. That leg sweep was genius though."

Arland nodded, sheathing his sword, "That was an early lesson Leera taught me. If you're faster than your enemy, hit hard and fast. If you're slower, stick with defense and wait for an opening."

"And a damned good lesson it is. Well, you won fair and square. I'll grant you that. Well, I'll mark your quest as complete and send word to Gelala."

Arland nodded, "Sounds good. Cassia can set us up with a room for the night if we decide to head back tomorrow?"

"That she can. I wouldn't wait too much longer though. Word is, demons have been getting restless. We've had reports of monsters and demons cooperating. They are as yet unconfirmed, but you shouldn't take for granted that travel will remain so easy."

"Understood. We'll travel safely. You do the same, you hear?"

Byrin made his way inside the guild hall while Nury rushed out, "Arland! I'm so glad you're okay! Let's go get a room and patch up those scratches."

Arland brought his hand to his cheek, "Honestly, I'd forgotten about them. Are they bad?"

Nury dropped her gaze, "...Yeah, they're pretty bad, Arland. I'm so sorry... I swear I didn't mean to. I just... Lost it. When I thought about how dragons are treated-"

Arland held a finger up to her lips, "Shh. It's alright. You don't need to explain yourself to me, Nury."

She grabbed his hand and held it in hers against her cheek, "So you forgive me...?"

"There's no need to. I never blamed you in the first place. I should've been more cautious." Arland led her over to the counter where Cassia had been patiently waiting for them.

"Good evening. That was some brilliant footwork. I take it you'd like a room for the night?"

Arland nodded and dropped a few coins on the counter. Cassia slipped the coins off the counter and into a small pouch under the counter. She turned and took a key and a small box from a shelf behind her, "You'll be in room three. Upstairs, end of the hallway on the left. It's private and has its own bath. You'll still need to use the public restroom though, unfortunately."

Arland took the offered items and headed upstairs, following her direction. As he and Nury entered the room, he set the box and key on the table before sitting down in a chair.

Nury stood behind him, her hands running through his hair, "How are you feeling?"

"My cheek throbs, but I don't think you clawed all the way through, luckily."

She walked around and knelt, balancing on her tail as she opened the small box. She pulled out a few items and began the task of cleaning the claw wounds.

Each time he winced, she softly blew on it to ease the pain, wearing her own pain on her face. "I know you said you don't blame me, but I truly am sorry, Arland. These are worse than I expected."

Arland held her hand, "I know. Just means I'll have a scar to show off. It'll make women swoon."

She chuckled and looked into his eyes, "I'd prefer it if they didn't. I'm already doubting if this could work. I desperately want it to, but I've been with you less than two days, and already nearly clawed your eye out."

Arland caressed her cheek, "We'll make it work. I promise, Nury. We'll have a nice quiet life somewhere out in the country, with a bunch of little half-dragons running around."

Nury grinned, "With a big house with a garden, a large kitchen, and a pond nearby."

"We'll go fishing with our little ones," Arland said as Nury began patching his wounds.

She looked up at him, her eyes welling up with tears, "And every night, you'll stay with me, right?"

Arland nodded, "Until the strength of my dying breath fails me, Nury."

The dragoness leaned forward, pressing her forehead to his, "You are everything I've wanted for so long... The fact that I'm with you now just seems..."

"Like a dream," He finished her thought. "I feel the same."

He caressed her cheek and pulled her into a kiss. They held there for a few moments before she pulled back, a blush covering her cheeks.

"If you keep up like this, I won't be able to control myself..."

Arland lifted her face to his, "Maybe that's what I'm going for." His hand slid down her back to her ass, firmly gripping one cheek. She let out a sigh as she pressed against him.

He kissed her again, then moved his kisses down her neck. She ran he hands up his back, under his shirt. He broke his kisses long enough to pull his tunic off, before guiding her back towards the bed.

She slipped out of her shirt before she hit the bed, her wings spread wide. Arland crawled up between her legs, raining kisses up her thighs and belly. He got to her breasts. Her hands went to his head and held him close as he showered affection over them, leaving behind a slight shine of saliva.

She sighed happily. He kissed across her chest to her other breast and began lavishing it with the same attention. Her nipples stiffened in anticipation.

"I want you, Arland."

"Then you'll have me."

"Go easy. We don't want to reopen those cuts."

Arland kissed his way down her body. His fingers hooked in the sides of her pants and pulled them down as he worked his way down. He kissed down her legs as he freed them from the confines of her pants. He pulled her boots off as well, letting them drop to the floor.

She lay there in just her underwear, her tail swishing slowly between both pairs of legs. Arland looked her over and grinned. She looked up at him, "What?"

He kissed her inner thigh, "I'm just admiring the view."

Nury blushed and looked away, "I'm glad my legs are to your liking, but-"

Her words were cut off with a gasp as Arland's lips caressed her sex through her panties. He glanced up at her, "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Dick. I was going to say-" Another gasp as he licked her panty-clad mound. He could already see a patch of moisture forming.

He smirked up at her again, "Sorry, one more time?"

"I was going to say-" He went to lick her again, but she stopped him by clamping her legs over his head, " I'm glad you like my legs, but hurry up and fuck me already!"

She released him. He pulled back and caressed his cheek, "Ow..." Her face turned white, but he pinned her shoulders to the bed, "I'll show you what happens when you hurt me, little dragon."

She stared wide-eyed as he took charge, before she blinked and fell into the game, "Is that a threat?"

"I'd call it a warning."

"Do your worst then."

Arland slid her panties off her legs, tossing them to join the rest of her clothing in the corner of the room. She grabbed a fistful of hair and hauled him up to meet her eye to eye, "No licking. Take it easy on your face, babe. Just fuck me. That'll be enough for now."

"You got it." He climbed onto the bed and laid himself down between her legs. He leaned down and kissed her, gently.

Nury moaned and held him close, her hands roaming his body. He slid his tongue into her mouth, her tongue sliding around it, exploring it. Their lips broke apart and she stared into his eyes, her breath coming in short gasps.

She reached down and opened his pants, before sliding them down as far as her fingers could take them, before using her toes to lower them to his ankles. She kept her eyes locked on his while she wrapped her hand around his rod and guided it towards her entrance.

She nodded nervously. He pressed into her, her heat enveloping his cock. She moaned softly, her walls hugging him tightly as he slid deep. He gave a few test thrusts to see how she felt, before adjusting and finding a comfortable rhythm.

Arland's hips rocked against hers. Their lips met once more, their tongues wrestling together. She moaned into his mouth, her voice muffled by his lips. He thrust in faster and he groaned into the kiss. He felt her hands caressing his back. She pulled back and looked up at him, gazing into his eyes, her moans taking on a slightly higher pitch. She rolled her hips in time with his thrusts.

She gasped out, her hands holding onto his biceps as she arched her back, her voice reaching a crescendo. He followed her into ecstasy, filling her with his seed.

He collapsed onto her, her arms and wings wrapping around him. He kissed her neck and nibbled on her ear, "You feel amazing..."

"So do you," She sighed, a small shiver running through her body as she trailed her fingers down his back.

He pulled back and kissed her once again, "We should get cleaned up and get some sleep. We've got a long ride ahead of us heading back to Gelala."

Nury grinned and nodded, spreading her wings, releasing him. Arland slid out of her, drawing a sigh. They made their way into the private bathroom.

Nury sat on the edge of the large tub as the water warmed. Arland stepped next to her and lowered himself into the water, "Ooh, that's nice..."

She chuckled, "You're a strange one."

"I most certainly am. After all, I fell for a dragon."

Her cheeks turned red, "Arland..."

He held up his hand, "Wait. In the grand scheme of things, we haven't known each other all that long. That said, I'm willing to get to know you. To learn how to make this work. As such, I won't say the L word just yet. But just know, it's not far off."

She stared with her mouth agape for a moment, before closing her mouth and grinning, "Understood. I feel the same."

She slipped into the water - as well as his arms - and relaxed as the water soaked away their stress and worries.

12